6 replies to this topic

#1 affenmunkEY

affenmunkEY

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:59 AM

Hi, I looked through a topic or two and noticed, there are a couple of swimmers here on the board, I wanted to get into the sport myself, for the sake of duration, fitness and body toning...

I haven't been swimming for over six years and that was in primary school, I was wondering what's best for building up my duration?

I was going to go for a mixture of swimming breaststroke and freestyle, I was wondering if i could maybe also swim freestyle in a kind of slow way, so to say ?

#2 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:36 PM

Try your local pool and see if you can get onto a intermediate swim team

#3 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:28 PM

Hi, I looked through a topic or two and noticed, there are a couple of swimmers here on the board, I wanted to get into the sport myself, for the sake of duration, fitness and body toning...

I haven't been swimming for over six years and that was in primary school, I was wondering what's best for building up my duration?

I was going to go for a mixture of swimming breaststroke and freestyle, I was wondering if i could maybe also swim freestyle in a kind of slow way, so to say ?

Take lessons at your community pool... easy as pie. The more you advance, the harder the stuff will get. By the time I started my bar colors I was in the water almost daily for 2 hours or more. Wreaks havoc with your hair though LOL!

#4 _*SnowMarqGrafix_*

_*SnowMarqGrafix_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:47 AM

:)

I wish I still had the time to go swimming.
I don't even know if I still remember how to swim.....

#5 Orkane

Orkane

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Computing , Mountain biking, Xbox360, Firetwirling, Hooning

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:50 PM

If your not to keen on swimming and you still want to ' tone up' try rock climbing, i was in my schools team for three years its great for your arms and legs and depending on your style of movement while climbing you can greatly work out your abdominals, while having fun! this was the way i become fairly big and toned but over the years its been hard to keep it up and ive lost a great deal of it, but luckily im buying a new mountain bike in a month or so, should start trying to work my self up again... i dont know.... anyway yeah, rockclimbing is great fun and its great to tone up in it, the only downside is occasionally the harness rides up and it pronounces your "package" as such....

#6 Rory

Rory

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:Php, Html, Css, Javascript, ASP.NET, Photoshop, soccer, rigby, cricket, viticulture, Ruby#, C#, AJAX.

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:21 AM

pronounces your "package" as such....

Or lack of?

#7 Orkane

Orkane

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Computing , Mountain biking, Xbox360, Firetwirling, Hooning

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:21 PM

pronounces your "package" as such....

Or lack of?

.... It does get like that after a bit lol!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users