←  General Discussion

Pixel2Life Forum

»

Is Craigslist a good place to start design...

Eturpel's Photo Eturpel 29 Oct 2012

Greetings all,
This is my first post to the forums and I am generally excited. I've been using Adobe products for about a decade now and have recently enrolled in a web-development course at a local college. Seeing as my design skills are improving daily, I would like to utilize this to make some extra cash. It's something that I've loved doing for a hobby and I figure if I can make some money doing it...why not?
Basically I would like to know if anyone has had any success doing freelance jobs on Craigslist. I would like to build a nice portfolio of logos, business cards, flyers, brochures, etc. I have a few friends are really good with HTML and web-design, as well as 3D programs so I will have people to employ for projects that I know little about. But I digress. Is this plan of mine decent? I just really want a good portfolio so when I start inquiring about bigger jobs maybe on Elance or something I'll have the necessities.
Thanks!

DoC's Photo DoC 10 Apr 2013

Many private owned businesses are still stuck in the stone age and would love the oppertunity to employ a graphics designer to put them on the web. I don't doubt you'd be able to find some buisiness on criagslist.

TutorIndia's Photo TutorIndia 05 May 2013

I advertise my business through craigslist. Its really good. I am a Home Tutor And i've created my online portfolio through Craigslist and i really like this site.

webdesigncanada's Photo webdesigncanada 18 Jul 2013

I first started my small web design company three years ago, and in order to create a design portfolio I used Craigslist to advertise. I had to charge less than I do now, however I was very successful in obtaining good starting portfolio and client base. I recommend using your local Craigslist.

Aminaviet's Photo Aminaviet 25 Jun 2022

Hi All, I have multi-instance queue manager. when I am starting the queue manager using strmqm -x queuemanagername command, status is showing as "starting" for hours. Help me on this issue. QMNAMEXXXXX STATUSStarting thanks, Ramesh