18 replies to this topic

#1 Rimmer

Rimmer

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 07:34 PM

Well its very simple and i think it applys to Yahoo, Jeeves etc.. all ya gotta do is get your link on lots of other sites.

And that should get you to the top of Serch Engines.
Sorry if someone else posted this.

#2 .liquiD

.liquiD

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 06:45 AM

but i dont think that ure allowed to post your link on most of the sites >.>

#3 Av-

Av-

I Feel Left Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 07:54 AM

if u have alot of affiliates there will be alot of links back to your site

#4 wongpk

wongpk

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 08:24 AM

Linking is fine. But IF all the sites you're linking has a low or an "0" PR (Page Rank) your site is still under the search engine though. Well, for my personal point of view, to get rank in search engine:

. Good Meta Tag
. Good Content
. Good Hits
. Good Links

Google bot doesn't not read meta tag by the way :D But others DO read meta :D

#5 DoctorPhotoshop

DoctorPhotoshop

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 11:52 AM

Whats a meta tag? How do you make it good?

#6 Lang

Lang

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 09:19 AM

http://vancouver-web...A/mk-metas.html

That should get you started. :D

#7 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 09:26 AM

Whats a meta tag? How do you make it good?

http://www.pixel2lif...hp?showforum=13

2 articles in there

#8 Slugger

Slugger

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 01:19 AM

It's really a lot more involved and always changing. You need a good linking stategy for one thing. Also google likes a lot of changing content and the bots will pick this up when they do their crawl. I've heard a static website is not considered favourably. Consider having a blog as part of your domain name. ie my website is http://www.theelusivepotofgold.com and my blog is http://www.theelusiv...old.com/MyBlog/ As my blog is updated more regularly than the core website the google bots pick this up on every crawl.
Website design is also important so consider using H1 tags etc as well as having your main keywords in your title. Be careful of flash sites as the bots can not pick up internal links on thes pages. You can test this by holding your mouse over the link and checking your status bar to see if your link appears there. If it doesn't then its likely the bots won't pick it up either. The way around this is to include your links at the bottom of your page.
A good idea is to check what the top ranking websites are doing and then go one better.

hope some of this helps.

Edited by Slugger, 15 February 2006 - 01:20 AM.

#9 SKETCHi

SKETCHi

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 03:33 PM

Just having links won't shoot you to the top. There are several variables which decide the fate of your website.

As wongpk said, you need good content that is updated regularly. You also need to build up quality back links, not just any links. You need to find websites with the same topic as yours with good page ranks.

Not only do you need quality links, but there are tons of variables that Google uses to decide if that site is good quality and just how important the links on that site are. If there are 400 links on the page that has your link, Google won't value it as high.

You also need to bring in traffic, having that good content is your best bet. Good content also brings in back links. Once you have your content, submit it to article sites to help get it thrown around the web a bit more.

There's plenty more, but I don't have much time heh...

#10 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:40 AM

Check out this article I wrote based on how I built up P2L in the early days :(

http://www.danrichar...-your-new-site/

Dan

#11 jrs

jrs

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 10:04 AM

i thought google wasnt using meta tags, i heared, that it's not necassary to use them, when you have a great content.

#12 SKETCHi

SKETCHi

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:05 AM

Other search engines still use meta keywords, and all of them use meta descriptions. Ever heard the expression, "better safe than sorry"?

#13 Slugger

Slugger

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 05:09 AM

I've written an article on obtaining one way links, you can find it here http://www.theelusiv...icle-sid-5.html

Edited by Slugger, 14 April 2006 - 03:11 AM.

#14 greg

greg

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Interests:Fine art, web and graphic design, naval architecture, chess, and sports.

Posted 05 April 2006 - 06:21 AM

I know for sure that Google uses the META Description tag. When your page is shown in the results (in Google, at least), under the your title it shows the description you wrote in the META tag.

If you don't write any description, it will simply take the first 20 or so words from the page, which may not be the best for you.

#15 Platinum_Design

Platinum_Design

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:18 PM

I know for sure that Google uses the META Description tag. When your page is shown in the results (in Google, at least), under the your title it shows the description you wrote in the META tag.

If you don't write any description, it will simply take the first 20 or so words from the page, which may not be the best for you.

Meta tags are nice to have, but not all that important. My first website - Hyperhidrosis treatments has none of the description and meta tags, and it's bringing in 2500 visitors a month, with only a couple of weeks of promoting it via free tools.

Unique content and many relevant links are the way to go.

#16 Hayden

Hayden

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 02:34 PM

I'm sure Donna, Faken or one of the other P2L staff will correct me on this if it's not allowed, but putting your site address in your sig on forums like this is good easy way to get your site out to the search engines, especially google.

:)

#17 Jem

Jem

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:Photography, design & developing, walking, cycling, reading.

Posted 30 May 2006 - 05:15 PM

Not always. Although I always suggest people use a meta description, my personal website has a completely different to the one listed at Google because it keeps pulling it from an outdated dmoz directory listing. This doesn't affect my actual ranking though - I'm still second out of millions of results if you search for 'jem' on google.co.uk

I'm sure Donna, Faken or one of the other P2L staff will correct me on this if it's not allowed, but putting your site address in your sig on forums like this is good easy way to get your site out to the search engines, especially google.

I'm a member of a lot of forums, and Google never pulls my url from my signature.. it's still useful for getting hits though :D

Edited by Jem, 30 May 2006 - 05:17 PM.

#18 Wybe

Wybe

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Interests:I have no interests

Posted 01 June 2006 - 01:56 AM

/me hits Jem, lol

Yeah, they're good for hits, but I'm sure it brings some spiders 'n crawlers 'n bots to your site. I've been tracking the hits from P2L to my site via my signature and I believe there are quite a few bots in there. I could be wrong.

#19 killingspree

killingspree

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 05:54 PM

oops but my site is at the top off googles but slacking :-(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users