Photo

If you had control of Twodded, what would you do?

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#1 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 06:41 PM

If you had complete ruling over the Twodded section of Pixel2life, what would you do? Its a simple question really but the smallest suggestions can give the best ideas. We've had something similar to this for Pixel2life, and have produced a massive list of great features that we want to add to this site, and now is your chance to improve Twodded - Pixel2life's very own written tutorial database.

Now, these suggestions that we want can be in relation to anything: layout, content, look, design, image size, coding, colours... whatever you think needs changing.

Now, how do you suggest something?
1. Go here to use our contact form (Preferred - please use as much detail as possible)
2. PM me personally..
3. Post in this topic :D

Now heres some suggestions we are already going to implement (from a previous topic):
- RSS Feeds
- A opened up trial process, so anyone who applies gets a chance, and the "marks out of 10" method is removed... Now you can simply start a topic in the Twodded trials forum to try out for the Twodded team
- A user submit tutorial page

Feel free to add them, i'm looking forward to hearing what you guys think can be improved :)

#2 /quit

/quit

P2L Che

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 06:54 PM

when will the open trial process be implemented?

#3 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 06:55 PM

the open trialing process is implemented now, the new form will probably come later on, possibly even with the next version of twodded

#4 /quit

/quit

P2L Che

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 07:01 PM

So whom ever wants to write a trial for twodded can do so?

#5 SaFx

SaFx

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 07:02 PM

If I had control of Twodded I would shut it down. The tutorials are good but why setup and entire section just to showoff good tutorials, it almost seems like your just trying to make yourself look good. Ex:"Yeah well I'm a Twodded tutorial writer". Its just retarded to have the whole twodded section. just submit your tutorials like normal people.

#6 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 07:03 PM

the new process is now to simply post up a tutorial in the twodded trials forum :)

no application required... but i'm trialing this method at the moment, so it may be removed

#7 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 07:05 PM

If I had control of Twodded I would shut it down. The tutorials are good but why setup and entire section just to showoff good tutorials, it almost seems like your just trying to make yourself look good. Ex:"Yeah well I'm a Twodded tutorial writer". Its just retarded to have the whole twodded section. just submit your tutorials like normal people.

chill pill sonny jim, chill pill

Twodded tutorials are written at a standard we'd like people to write at in the community, just because this happens to be 9 pages above yours, does not give you the right to post a reply like that..

oh, and warning level increased

#8 /quit

/quit

P2L Che

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 07:07 PM

That is quite a pessimistic attitude towards something which I think was a great idea. So many people visit the twodded tutorial section looking for what they need, and you are gaurenteed quality control on everything that is featured there, i've read virtually all the tuts there and they are, for the most part, 10 fold better then the use posted tuts. That is, until anti_angel writes one :)

#9 Prototype

Prototype

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 07:07 PM

Why not have guest artist write a thing or two about their experience or technique? Like Billy Bussey, Ryan Church, etc...

#10 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 07:12 PM

Why not have guest artist write a thing or two about their experience or technique? Like Billy Bussey, Ryan Church, etc...

great Idea :) and something similar has been planned for a long time.. whether it comes in on Pixel2life or Twodded i don't know yet

#11 ronson

ronson

Banned For Being Purple

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Interests:Rugby, Programming, Building Computers, Networking, Web Design and...........BINGE DRINKING!!!!!!.

Posted 20 September 2005 - 07:30 PM

Would the user submitting tutorial be just basically anyone able to add a tutorial to it like P2L then approved? Because if so, you would be best moving to your own domain ashave to tutorial annexes on the same site is kinda pointless, it would be better just merging them.

I hope that makes sence.

#12 SaFx

SaFx

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 07:31 PM

my warning level is increased for contributing what I would have done had I been in control of Twodded. Sorry for typing my opinion. I don't write tutorials so that 9 pages longer comment is useless. nice try though

#13 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 07:36 PM

in reply to Ronson: merging them is impossible, P2L links to tutorials, Twodded writes them, its two different things. A user submit feature would be actually submitting a tutorial they've written to Twodded to add into Twoddeds written tutorial database

in reply to SaFx: You seem to ignore the point of this topic, and thats to improve the Twodded section of this site and its tutorials, not to critisise.

#14 Vouksh

Vouksh

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 09:01 PM

Seperate from P2L more. Since twodded.com is already yours, why not make a layout and all that for it? And bring back the monkey!!! lol. But seriously, think about the seperation. I agree with ronson partially. P2L is more of a database site, in my opinion. Twodded would do great having it's own forum and site and stuff.

I honestly think Twodded is a great idea. I refer back to it for a few things (mostly the PHP PEAR tutorials).

RSS feeds = great! I love the one Jay made for P2L, because it allows me to just look in my toolbar to see if there's anything interesting to look at. Nice thing is is that they're not too hard to make.

Open trialing = Good. I hope people take it seriously. Unfortunately you probably will get a few "noob" people that post crappy tutorials thinking they're good (absolutely no offence ment to anyone)

User submittable tutorials. = Screen each and everyone of them through all the official members for quality. May take a long time to come up, but this way only the very best tutorials are up.

Those are my ideas/thoughts... I hope I posted the right thing...

Edited by Vouksh, 20 September 2005 - 09:01 PM.

#15 Dekline

Dekline

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 09:56 PM

If I had control of the Twodded section of the forums, I would organize it. I'm not sure if this is or is already going to be implemented, but maybe set it up like the site. That way it will be easier to navigate/find what your looking for.

*EDIT* Delete this please. Didnt notice Twodded was a site lol. Sorry! :)

Edited by Dekline, 20 September 2005 - 09:57 PM.

#16 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:03 PM

If I had control of the Twodded section of the forums, I would organize it. I'm not sure if this is or is already going to be implemented, but maybe set it up like the site. That way it will be easier to navigate/find what your looking for.

*EDIT* Delete this please. Didnt notice Twodded was a site lol. Sorry! :)

;) Its kewl not many do as Twodded used to be at one stage a site of its own.

This is Twodded Tutorials here:
http://www.pixel2life.com/twodded/

#17 /quit

/quit

P2L Che

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:08 PM

:)

Edited by anti_angel, 20 September 2005 - 10:08 PM.

#18 ThaBirdman

ThaBirdman

Pidgeon Trainer

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:40 PM

I'm liking that guest writers idea! that could produce some very nice stuff....

#19 fmxer

fmxer

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 01:19 AM

If i had complete ruling over the Twodded section of Pixel2Life, i would make each tutorial cover 1 page only. Nothing pisses me off more than a tutorial on 8 pages.

p.s. i think thats kinda nazi of you to up his warning level for something like that :huh:

#20 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 01:33 AM

If i had complete ruling over the Twodded section of Pixel2Life, i would make each tutorial cover 1 page only. Nothing pisses me off more than a tutorial on 8 pages.

p.s. i think thats kinda nazi of you to up his warning level for something like that :huh:

You do realize Jay is an Admin here? yes I'm sure you do.

If you have something constructive to add, add it otherwise keep your comments to yourself.

Back to topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users