Photo

If you had control of Twodded, what would you do?

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#41 Indigo

Indigo

Official Alien

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • Interests:Computing in general, especially design and programming of all kinds.

Posted 22 September 2005 - 03:10 AM

- Guest-writers. If I do have a GREAT tutorial, but don´t have the skills to be a permanent member, it would still be good if I could write a tutorial and get it posted there.
- Tutorials at one page only.

(BTW: I am currentry writing a few really great and unique tutorials, I just dont know when I finish ´em. If you are interested, send me a PM or something.)

Edited by Indigo, 22 September 2005 - 03:12 AM.

#42 Ghost

Ghost

Honored P2L Member

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 03:31 AM

Like a lot of people have already mentioned, I think it would be a lot easier to view the tutrorials if they were broken down into like 2 or 3 pages (instead of 9 or 10) :worthy: That would probably make them easier to read because for each step you need to load another page (isn't good for 56kers...) :)

Anyway, the decision is all yours; your doin a great job on it so far...so I don't see much room for improvement, lol. :D

#43 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 06:04 AM

- Guest-writers. If I do have a GREAT tutorial, but don´t have the skills to be a permanent member, it would still be good if I could write a tutorial and get it posted there.
- Tutorials at one page only.

(BTW: I am currentry writing a few really great and unique tutorials, I just dont know when I finish ´em. If you are interested, send me a PM or something.)

tutorial pages will probably be lengthened rather than placed onto one page.. something like the ultimate guide to skinning windows media player would be hell on one page

if you wish to submit some tutorials that'd be great :worthy: I'll be setting up a forum for people to submit tutorials to Twodded very soon

#44 Bryn

Bryn

Spammer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts
  • Interests:Music, Philosophy, Design, History, Reading, Writing, The Weekend etc...

Posted 22 September 2005 - 06:46 AM

I would keep it the way it is :worthy:

#45 _*adrian_*

_*adrian_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2005 - 02:06 PM

I think twodedd should go to its own site. It was cool back when it was twod.co.uk. Bring back the monkey and the browney design, p2l design is nice but too XPish.

#46 adam123

adam123

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts
  • Interests:Programming and stuff.

Posted 22 September 2005 - 02:17 PM

I think twodedd should go to its own site. It was cool back when it was twod.co.uk. Bring back the monkey and the browney design, p2l design is nice but too XPish.

The brown design was just a splash page ;) and twod.co.uk is Jay's blog :D

#47 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 02:18 PM

i think he means the old twod site before it was pulled down :D

#48 Maxx-Designs

Maxx-Designs

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 04:37 PM

In the other thread about this I said i could mkae some tutorials of like macros and maybe pivot tables, Also some tips and tricks, I can also do some photoshop things and hopefully fireworks, do you want me to mkae a macro one and show you to see if you think its twodded material :D

#49 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 04:56 PM

post it up in twodded trials forum, and you'll be judged like anyone else :worthy:

#50 syphon

syphon

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 06:25 PM

I requested one on MySQL, and well, the benifits and setbacks of the types of fields you have (memory, space, processing) ad well as guidelines on how to choose to make a new table, or add 14 more columns. Things like, setup tips, what MySIAM is lol.

Another was I think on HTACCESS. But I am not sure.

J: As for the cookies, yes, that would take more proccessor time to implement, again, I said it might not be worth it lol.

du

#51 Maxx-Designs

Maxx-Designs

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 07:28 PM

post it up in twodded trials forum, and you'll be judged like anyone else :worthy:

wanna make me a twodded trial first :dance:

#52 Lang

Lang

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 07:32 AM

I'd give Jay full ruling over Twodded. :unsure:

I do have full ruling over Twodded, lol

You wouldn't if I had full ruling over Twodded.

And as for a real suggestion, havea backend for all the Twodded writers, and they can see requests, and they have the option to "Take on request".

Edited by Lang, 23 September 2005 - 07:35 AM.

#53 funkysoul

funkysoul

The Funky Stuff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts
  • Interests:Music: HIM, HIM, HIM, Cafe del Mar, Linkin Park, Fort Minor, Coldplay, Eric Jordan<br />Sports: Snowboarding, KiteSurfing, Extreme Sports<br />Computer: Flash, After Effects, Actionscript

Posted 23 September 2005 - 07:39 AM

that is already implemented for the twodded staff :unsure:

#54 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 08:03 AM

And as for a real suggestion, havea backend for all the Twodded writers, and they can see requests, and they have the option to "Take on request".

yup already implemented...

wanna make me a twodded trial first :unsure:

You no longer have to be in the trial group to post up a trial tutorial, its a test method we are trying out :unsure:

#55 AnDy89

AnDy89

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 02:12 PM

i would ditch the /twodded and keep it to the right hand side, where the articles and community buzz is, keep them 3 on a random rotator

then i would add an extra collumn to the tutorial table with twodded and yes or no and it just being an extra search option...

#56 l3lueMage

l3lueMage

Wanna Be Moderator

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,603 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 02:38 PM

this is for all you dial up users :D

I suggest making it so with each tutorial that includes images, make them link to a page that shows the image instead of having them load all at the same time, even on my DSL I have been to tutorial sites that take ages to load because of all the images on tutorials...

#57 _*adrian_*

_*adrian_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2005 - 02:41 PM

The brown design was just a splash page ;) and twod.co.uk is Jay's blog :D

Im on about the old old twodded, twod.co.uk when it had a sliver/brown/orange design, something like that but with a monkey and on twodded.com

#58 Jaymz

Jaymz

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 02:46 PM

<shameless self plug>

You talking about That? :D

</shameless self plug>

#59 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 03:00 PM

i would ditch the /twodded and keep it to the right hand side, where the articles and community buzz is, keep them 3 on a random rotator

then i would add an extra collumn to the tutorial table with twodded and yes or no and it just being an extra search option...

ditch the bug at the top completly? i really don't get you....

the image link thing, isn't really a good thing for dial up users, as they are going to look at all the pictures in the tutorial anyway in my opinion....

we need improvements people! :D

#60 syndrome

syndrome

P2L patient #4819

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts
  • Interests:Photoshop, Tennis, PS2, web design, CS:S

Posted 23 September 2005 - 03:02 PM

I dont know about anyone else but it annoys me when you have to open a new window just to see the image/step.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users