#1 dan1677

dan1677

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 06:05 PM

Hi all,

Want to see an image on both sides of a standard plane but the back side is totally see through. I have mapped the image onto the plane using blinn and specular bitmap. I have unchecked the tiling option from the materials options and also enabled 2 sided on the plane but still no joy. Can anyone help?

Dan

#2 l3lueMage

l3lueMage

Wanna Be Moderator

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,603 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 06:19 PM

There are two ways to do this.
Either extrude it so its thicker. Or copy it, flip it 180 degrees so both planes are facing opposite directions and both sides will be solid. If theres a more efficient way to do this I dont know about it.

#3 dan1677

dan1677

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 07:27 PM

Hi there,

Thanks for your advice but even when I extrude the plane the back is still see through. This seems to be a rather large problem with this program. Why is a plane with depth see through from the back? It makes no sense. Anyway I created 2 planes both with the image so I have a work around.

Edited by dan1677, 07 October 2005 - 07:32 PM.

#4 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 07:32 PM

Hi there,

Thanks for your advice but even when I extrude the plane the back is still see through. This seems to be a rather large problem with this program. I tried copying teh plane and flipping it 180 which works so all I got to do is fugre out how to rotate the image so that both sides are the same.

i believe you can mirror the image to make it work.

copy the material you have for the original one into a new slot, then in the new material look for a tick box that says mirror. there hsould be two one on top of the other, check to see which one works (or both) and it should be fine.

#5 dan1677

dan1677

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 08:00 PM

Hi Stu,

Tried that and no joy either. Look slike I'll have to stcik with the 2 plane method. Thanks all the same.

#6 jelah

jelah

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:02 AM

I know this is dead but if anyone is searching for this info still, all you need to do is save the image as a tiff drag and drop onto new material, create plane, go to customize in the top bar, unit's set up, and change it to cm then creat your plane with the same parameters as the image and drop material onto it.

That worked for me, but im a nood im learning through tutorials and google so if it doesnt work properly for you sorry!

#7 jet77

jet77

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:13 PM

Looks like a graphics card issue. if you have checked both sided render and that did not work try playing with the graphics driver option. This is found under customize/Preferences and view port display.

#8 biffy

biffy

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:52 AM

There are two ways to do this.
Either extrude it so its thicker. Or copy it, flip it 180 degrees so both planes are facing opposite directions and both sides will be solid. If theres a more efficient way to do this I dont know about it.

Thanks for this I've just done it by the extruding measure and Public Liability Insurance worked effectively so just wanted to say that i appreicated the info that you gave :angrylooking:

Edited by biffy, 08 November 2011 - 05:48 AM.

#9 Robyn12

Robyn12

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:36 AM

DMCA Title I, the WIPO Copyright and Performances and Phonograms Treaties Implementation Act, has two major portions. One portion includes works covered by several treaties in US copy prevention laws and gave the title its name. For further analysis of this portion of the Act and of cases under it, see WIPO Copyright and Performances and Phonograms Treaties Implementation Act.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users