Photo
- - - - -

Google Hasn't Picked Up My Site Since July?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Twenty2Pixels

Twenty2Pixels

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 01:30 PM

Hey,

I set up my site a while back, and it was finally bugged in Jul 15, 2005 03:19:07 GMT. Now the problem with that, was it was construction time, and all I had to offer was a small construction page linking to my forums. Not too good for google.

Since then I've launched v3, and google is still stuck in July

I'm hoping the new keywords and description I made froma a Meta generator would help me out. I guess I'll have to wait untill the next bugging, but that could be upto a month away. Any suggestions on the meta tags below? I'd like to be updated next time around.

<TITLE>22Pixels™ | By Artists For Artists | Renders | Tutorials | Brushes - For Photoshop</TITLE>
<META NAME="Description" CONTENT="22Pixels™ | By Artists For Artists | Renders | Tutorials | Brushes - For Photoshop">
<META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="photoshop tutorials brushes photoshop, brushes, renders, tutorials, plugins, filters, presets,  styles, textures, psds, forums,  chat, irc, 22pixels, twentytwopixels, pixels, graphic, art, graphicart, ">
<META NAME="Copyright" CONTENT="22Pixels">
<META NAME="author" CONTENT="22Pixels">

#2 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 01:34 PM

™ <-- take that out, or it won't list your site, as its an invalid character

also, its NOT a trademark as you haven't registered it as a trademark... theres laws etc. against this

it might be that it marked your site as inactive after visiting it alot and seeing the same page..

#3 Twenty2Pixels

Twenty2Pixels

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 01:42 PM

Fair enough, thanks for the support.

#4 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 01:44 PM

the best you can do to help is get some links to your site to drive googles interest towards it, that'll be my only guess

#5 Twenty2Pixels

Twenty2Pixels

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 01:48 PM

I've been trying, hard at that. I don't know what to do anymore.

I figured the TM would keep rippers off my back, but I would rather get listed in google and get some resources ripped then not be listed in google at all.

TM's are removed, timing in at 20 seconds total (thanks to php).

#6 trancedm

trancedm

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 06:55 PM

i dont think google looked into your meta tags anymore (not saying it wouldnt help)

but try submitting your site to google again: http://www.google.com/addurl/

google stop crawling one of my site, submitted it and google bot start crawling it once again

also you need more backlinks http://www.google.co...ww.22pixels.com

try exchanging text links with related sites

hope that helps

Edited by trancedm, 09 October 2005 - 06:59 PM.

#7 elsonar

elsonar

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 12:16 PM

You site is "sandboxed" - Google dosent idex some sites for up to 6 months as they are new.

With so many new sites coming and going ever day if google index all the ones that closed down the next week the results would be saturated. In order to reduce the level of saturation google imposes this sandbox feature on some sites to keep results relevant.

Quality content and good linkage will mean you site will get out of this sandbox phaze quicker.

Also do a quick pagerank check - once you have pagerank you are out of the sandboxing phaze!

Hope that was helpful

Joe :(

#8 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:18 PM

You site is "sandboxed" - Google dosent idex some sites for up to 6 months as they are new.

With so many new sites coming and going ever day if google index all the ones that closed down the next week the results would be saturated. In order to reduce the level of saturation google imposes this sandbox feature on some sites to keep results relevant.

Quality content and good linkage will mean you site will get out of this sandbox phaze quicker.

Also do a quick pagerank check - once you have pagerank you are out of the sandboxing phaze!

Hope that was helpful

Joe :(

I have to disagree on the google sandbox as a new site I had was crawled by Google in less than 24hrs, it also recieved a PR of 5 in 4.5 weeks

It had little or no content at the time and little if any link backs, actually have experiemented with a few different things and seems everything the SEO experts say takes months, who wants to wait 6months? Not me. Your better off just doing nothing except submitting your sites to search engines and let them do the work for you.

#9 elsonar

elsonar

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:24 PM

As I said in my original post it only happens to some sites.

Also - check to see if your site has been deleted from googles database:

www.whois.sc - enter your domain and see if the domain is blacklisted.

If yes its banned.

J

#10 iamlucky18

iamlucky18

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 07:34 AM

This is a common mistake made by people new to webpage designs: reptition in META tags. Search engines hate it. They see it as a form of cheating and they will ditch you for that.

The best thing to do is to keep your descriptions and keywords as short as possible, but keep them descriptive at the same time. So, use the main keywords (i.e. what your site actually does) first, then the less important stuff last.

AND AVOID REPiTITIONS!!!!

#11 AvengeX

AvengeX

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:d&amp;b

Posted 27 May 2006 - 03:32 AM

Could always do the good old cache control! Not sure if it helps, but it keeps things fresh for my site.
header("Cache-Control: max-age=3600, must-revalidate");

#12 Hayden

Hayden

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 02:08 PM

Google typically goes by how popular the site is. If it see several links to your site on other sites, then it'll go check yours out.
Generally, the more popular your site becomes the more Google will start coming around to check things out. :P

I used to never get Google bots on my site, but then I put links back to my site on web sites I developed and all of sudden I'm seeing the Google bot crawling through. I've even seen 'Googlebot' on my IPB messageboard.

Edited by SpaceGhost, 30 May 2006 - 02:10 PM.

#13 Dale71

Dale71

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 04 August 2006 - 06:47 PM

Well it seems your top of the google now when you search 22pixels

#14 seraph!m

seraph!m

Pixels 4 Life!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 09:43 PM

I've been trying, hard at that. I don't know what to do anymore.

I figured the TM would keep rippers off my back, but I would rather get listed in google and get some resources ripped then not be listed in google at all.

TM doesn't necessarily mean they can't rip from you. I think it means they can't steal that name. If it's an original work by you and you can prove it, it is legally yours and yours alone, regardless of trademarks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users