47 replies to this topic

#41 hobulus

hobulus

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 03:35 AM

WOW, Thats so awesome... The modelling is wicked...
How long have you been modelling in 3D?

#42 _*aryashahin_*

_*aryashahin_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2005 - 05:20 AM

this is my WIP of my nissan skyline that im modeling, theres not much to crit right now but i want to log my progress so maybe someone can learn from me.

up to this point the surface has no depth, i just extrude edges and form the serface, paying attention to details that i will need to model out later, leaving spaces for them

im liking how the mesh is looking so far, im going to convert to sub divisions to do the final touchups when im done.

my goal is to creat a photorealistic car. im going to go into texturing and shaders more than i did on my porsche. as u can see there are some mistakes on my mesh according to the blueprints, this is intentional, i want to create a custom car really sort of. i dont want the bluepritns to dictate my modeling since i didnt create them, and im not going for a pinpoint accurate model.

anyway, heres a ss

Posted Image

this is after about an hour its too much time, but i wanted to make sure the mesh flowed correctly and that it was perfect, i didnt just zoom throuw it as usuall

Where did u get the dimensions from???Did u measure your car?!!!! :) or you had the details?!! :huh: its pretty acurate from what i can see..
good job.. cant w8 4 the render :D
BTW ... I think the car needs to be a bit longer in leng or maybe the door is a bit small... or its just my eyes B)

#43 BeaverElfeater

BeaverElfeater

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:21 PM

WOW, Thats so awesome... The modelling is wicked...
How long have you been modelling in 3D?

thanks dude, ive been modeling for about 3.5 or 4.5 months

Where did u get the dimensions from???Did u measure your car?!!!! :P or you had the details?!! :)  its pretty acurate from what i can see..
good job.. cant w8 4 the render  <3
BTW  ... I think the car needs to be a bit longer in leng or maybe the door is a bit small... or its just my eyes B)

no i didnt measure my car lol, that would be very hard, and inaccurate, i dont even have a skyline, or remembering ever seeing one.

i get most of those images from here

http://blueprints.onnovanbraam.com/

i usually look at several photos of the car from google or whereever i can, because its hard to depict the irregularities and creases in the cars shape.

btw the i already finished the render.... its right here lol

Posted Image

there are more pictures, on the second page of this thread.

and u could be right about the length of the car, maybe according to real off. but according to my reference images, they are for the most part pretty accurate. maybe off .25 units (at the most), unless i modded something intentionally

once again thanks for feedback everyone, what do u guys think i should model next??

#44 Bryn

Bryn

Spammer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts
  • Interests:Music, Philosophy, Design, History, Reading, Writing, The Weekend etc...

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:37 PM

Would u be able to give it a metallcic white texture?dw if you dont want to i thought i might as well ask.

#45 BeaverElfeater

BeaverElfeater

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 03:16 PM

Would u be able to give it a metallcic white texture?dw if you dont want to i thought i might as well ask.

maybe, could u find an example of what you mean, maybe that may help im not sure what u mean

#46 Bryn

Bryn

Spammer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts
  • Interests:Music, Philosophy, Design, History, Reading, Writing, The Weekend etc...

Posted 14 October 2005 - 03:24 PM

Posted Image
Something like this or shiny white.

#47 BeaverElfeater

BeaverElfeater

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 03:51 PM

hmmm maybe i could try, my texturing skills suck but ill give it a shot

#48 Av-