Photo

General updates & Improvements around the site...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 12:52 AM

Hi all,

Well as the regulars can tell, we're working on the site daily to improve and add features as quickly as possible. We still have pages of ideas and improvements to go through, so I hope you're enjoying the new goodies as they come. The previous week has been very busy. The following items have been added:

- Avatars to all categories for each tutorial when applicable.

- The sub-cateories system has been implemented and we've starting sorting the major categories to get those big boys under control first (Mainly Flash and Photoshop). we'll be working at it as the weeks go by.

- Affiliates rotator and application: We were getting quite a few affiliates, so Shao has implemented a new rotator script that shows 8 of the total current affiliates on a random basis on all pages. A formal application has also been added along with a complete affiliates banner listing.

- New content boxes for the tutorials and other listing elements. I didn't like the third version of these boxes, so I made a 4th and I'm happy with this one... I think those will stay for quite awhile.

Those are the biggies... I've also been going back and cleaning up code and graphics and adding new content.

Coming up we've got some fairly major updates... there will be a new account system developped where webmasters can open a directory membership and keep their listings up to date instead of waiting for us to check once every 3 months. We'll also be working on the search - especially with multiple keywords and searching by sub category. Right now it's all exact match by category.

Anyhow, lots going on so I hope you stay around to see the action live :) (Yeah ok, it's probably like watching paint dry...)

As always, please send me an comments, feedback, suggestions, rants, used underwear and/or Bonus Airmiles.

Faken

#2 _*KnightMare_*

_*KnightMare_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2004 - 04:24 AM

come up the good work :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users