Photo
- - - - -

Beautiful materials or render in Cinema4d. how?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Airborne

Airborne

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Web design, design, bmx, and babes (girls) ;)

Posted 16 October 2004 - 12:29 PM

Hi ppl. i am not a good user of cinema4d but i can make nice renders and stuff. but how can i get som nice material. something like a glassy render or anything that looks good. my latest works was: This wallpaper

And my new avatar

what u guys think? but i still need to learn nice materials or any good render options..

#2 theguid

theguid

chewy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 296 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 10:38 PM

Check the tutorial section for c4d, there's some tuts and vids on material making(i think part 1 video i did on HDRI rendering shows how to make some basic materials if you need a place to start). Also, if you want to download some materials check Deepshaders They have lots of great materials ready to use.

#3 Airborne

Airborne

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Web design, design, bmx, and babes (girls) ;)

Posted 17 October 2004 - 04:38 PM

ok thanks mate.

#4 Plumpen

Plumpen

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 06:38 AM

Thanks for the link guid. I'm still having trouble using these materials though.

#5 theguid

theguid

chewy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 296 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 04:21 PM

How are you loading the materials up Arena? Are you doing a file->open down in the materials bar? And when you load them be sure you aren't loading the jpgs that are in the zip but rather only loading the .c4d file. Are you getting an error when you try to render when you use a loaded material? sometimes if those jpgs arent in the right place it screws things up and you either have to relocate them or just go to the individual attribute in the material editor and remove the image name from the box on the righ. That may all be confusing, let me know if i need to make a vid on that..

#6 Plumpen

Plumpen

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 02:34 AM

Thanks buddy. The materials are downloaded straight from GreyCobra. When I go to the materials manager, I click File>Load Materials>Select the material (C4D File) and when I click open, nothing happens i.e. no material appears in the material manager.

#7 theguid

theguid

chewy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 296 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 12:09 PM

Hrm, i dl'd a material from his site and it wouldnt open for me either. Maybe he saved it in some jacked format. I couldnt get it to open in xl7 or R8....dunno. you should be able to find materials very similar to those other places and you can always tweak them to what you want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users