#1 outkastpb231

outkastpb231

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Paintball

Posted 17 October 2004 - 10:18 AM

Blending is a great technique to really make a sig(or any picture) look good. This simple tut will help you learn an easy technique to blend. Blending can also be used to create cool wallpapers by blending 2 pictures together.

First I'll start with blending a render into the background(bg) of a sig.

I used a simple cloud background just to show how to blend, and a render from the game PainKiller.
Posted Image

First you want to add a mask to the image layer by pressing the button(box with a circle in it) on the bottom of the Layers toolbar.
Posted Image

Now select the gradient tool(leave the colors, they should have switched to 2 dark grays). Change the settings on the top to what I have them as. Foreground to Transparent, Linear Gradient, Normal mode, Opacity 100%, Check all 3 boxes.
Posted Image

Begin blending by dragging the gradient tool from the center(or wherever you want to begin the fade) to the outside. This should begin to blend the image into the BG.
Posted Image

Keep doing it in different directions untill it looks good.
Posted Image

This technique is great for touching up a sig and will look better in a real sig than what I have used to demonstrate.

Now for blending 2 PICTURES together:
Put one picture as the background layer and one as a new layer. Repeat the steps by adding a mask to the top layer and blending it with the gradient tool.

Here's a finished example. Once again these are not the greatest two pictures to blend this is just to show what it looks like:
Posted Image

Enjoy, Outkast

#2 Plumpen

Plumpen

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 06:35 AM

Pretty good. Usually I feather, but I guess this works great too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users