26 replies to this topic

#1 l3lueMage

l3lueMage

Wanna Be Moderator

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,603 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 05:46 PM

This video is funny, sorry to all mac users but you have to admit its funny, obviously shrink window size to make it more clear, some language in video also

#2 d7x

d7x

P2L Jedi

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 06 December 2005 - 06:05 PM

sad this is that everything he said is true...

#3 ThaBirdman

ThaBirdman

Pidgeon Trainer

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 06:07 PM

lol...that was pretty funny man, i'lll give you that...

some things he said were true...others i could argue about but i dont wanna....thats just funny stuff :rolleyes: :P

#4 _*Speed_*

_*Speed_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2005 - 08:09 PM

its true its true. dont get a mac, go smart go pc!

#5 Jeepinator

Jeepinator

The Jeepinator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 10:43 PM

In a mac did anyone ever notice you can access some vital files, kind of like teh registry to edit options. Its not a power user's computer. that was hilarious too.

#6 Cheyne

Cheyne

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 02:57 AM

hahaha nice video

#7 Griffin

Griffin

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • Interests:Things I find interesting.

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:57 PM

ROFL!! That was great.

#8 Wrightboy

Wrightboy

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:47 AM

LOL must....start...breathing...
the only downside is the cussing..I guess i can't share it with my friends

#9 Av-

Av-

I Feel Left Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:41 PM

LOL :)

#10 SKETCHi

SKETCHi

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 03:01 AM

Yeah... I see all you guys laughing and having a grand old time, but I have to burst your bubble. Everything the guy says in that video just isn't true.

Now before you go off on a rant about how I'm just a Mac fanboy, you're wrong. Just like that guy in the video... you're just wrong. I use both Mac and Windows, and honestly Mac is just better in every imaginable way.

I've used Macs for years, even before the wonderous OSX. Even OS9, hell, even OS8 was better than Windows. In all these years of my Mac usage, not one of those so called problems have occured. Ever. No seriously, never.

I don't know how stupid that guy is, or how much brown nosing he does to Gates, but you have to be brain dead to crash a Mac.

The thing that bothered me the most about that video was the whole file deleting thing... I've recovered files just fine after accidently deleting them. Oh and the thing that makes me laugh the most is that Windows is still using DOS for their base architecture.

Oh, I bet that caught interest... now I will get all you Windows kids up in arms about Vista. I have to burst that bubble too, all those cool "new features" are standard in Mac OSX, and have been for some time. The fabled Longhorn is coming to pass! Only after many years and versions of OSX, a better OS, were released.

Anyway, /rant. To close my arguement, go check out the video of the Windows demo when the blue screen of death comes up. I think thats proof enough.

#11 Indigo

Indigo

Official Alien

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • Interests:Computing in general, especially design and programming of all kinds.

Posted 09 December 2005 - 05:38 AM

I do agree - Mac is actually better IF you´re not a complete idiot. And yeah, if you´re in luck, mac is better than windows even then, ´cause if you´re an idiot you´ll for sure get a hell of a lot of viruses, like all windowsmachines do.

For programming, coding and such things, I choose Win
For design i choose mac

The thing with mac is that you have to get used to it first. I used Mac OSX for about a couple of weeks, since then I can´t remember having any errors or any trouble with my old 350mHz crappy mac or my new, nice 1,3 gHz iBook

#12 codie

codie

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, graphic design, computer games, GIRLS, going to movies, mountain biking, music, playing guitar, eating, traveling around the world and taking phtographs, thats all i can think of for now.

Posted 09 December 2005 - 05:38 AM

Yeah... I see all you guys laughing and having a grand old time, but I have to burst your bubble. Everything the guy says in that video just isn't true.

Now before you go off on a rant about how I'm just a Mac fanboy, you're wrong. Just like that guy in the video... you're just wrong. I use both Mac and Windows, and honestly Mac is just better in every imaginable way.

I've used Macs for years, even before the wonderous OSX. Even OS9, hell, even OS8 was better than Windows. In all these years of my Mac usage, not one of those so called problems have occured. Ever. No seriously, never.

I don't know how stupid that guy is, or how much brown nosing he does to Gates, but you have to be brain dead to crash a Mac.

The thing that bothered me the most about that video was the whole file deleting thing... I've recovered files just fine after accidently deleting them. Oh and the thing that makes me laugh the most is that Windows is still using DOS for their base architecture.

Oh, I bet that caught interest... now I will get all you Windows kids up in arms about Vista. I have to burst that bubble too, all those cool "new features" are standard in Mac OSX, and have been for some time. The fabled Longhorn is coming to pass! Only after many years and versions of OSX, a better OS, were released.

Anyway, /rant. To close my arguement, go check out the video of the Windows demo when the blue screen of death comes up. I think thats proof enough.

i agree wiv SKETCHi every tin he said goes the same for me :angry: i cant believe tht guy think PC's r betta then macs (he must be a hard core gammer if he does hate them, there's no ota explanation)

#13 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 01:39 PM

:angry: This is a joke peoples sheesh this video is a few yrs old its been around for ages, see the funny side lol

#14 reznamac

reznamac

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 02:33 PM

The Truth... All OS's suck in there own ways but I perfer OSX.

Some of those things on the video are true, but the other half is the person behind the computer.

#15 codie

codie

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, graphic design, computer games, GIRLS, going to movies, mountain biking, music, playing guitar, eating, traveling around the world and taking phtographs, thats all i can think of for now.

Posted 09 December 2005 - 04:34 PM

haha c the joke now, tht guy is a complete idiot

#16 g00se

g00se

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Hmm... punk rock, photoshop, cs... =D

Posted 10 December 2005 - 07:55 PM

lmao,
if im being honest i prefer linux, u can find the rite distro for u, and it does everyting u want wid out all the shitty xtras win/mac adds for u...

LINUX FOR PRESIDENT!!

#17 Tirus

Tirus

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Programming, Music, Martial Arts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 10:32 AM

lmao, hilarious video :D

#18 Andrelj

Andrelj

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Reason, Guitar, Third Day, The Lads, Bruce Springsteen...

Posted 16 December 2005 - 04:49 AM

I love it! Sometimes I wish I had a Mac, but most the time, my PC does everything well. Is there one about Microsoft?

#19 Programmerguy150

Programmerguy150

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Eating your soul<br />P2L<br />PHP<br />Tutorials<br />Eating your soul..

Posted 16 December 2005 - 11:04 AM

Bahahahahah. Obviously the mac fanboy just uses windows. Mac has just the amount of crashes as windows. Windows is caused by the user, COMPLETELY. No matter what, I have never had a crash, not caused by me running some crap file that sucks, and isnt supported by windows. So for all you windows haters, it is a sweet OS. Windows XP/2000 that is. Rest crash. So just shut up with all the anti-microsoft crap. It isnt hard to find an error in OSX. Notice how you can delete important files? Notice how you can easily cause errors in Apple ilife? Windows isnt using dos. Since XP, they abandoned that! haha. Wow, research the core. Obviously in your "years" of experience, you never bothered to go past ME on windows. Mac is great, but utter crap if you want to actually...use it for something other than what APPLE wants you to use it for. So please dont diss windows. It is a great OS, that is much better than linux, which is pretty much either going to die, or join together to make one distro. *nix sucks now, and is old and un-updated. OS2 died:(. Please, for the love of god, dont be a standard teenager, who thinks that windows sucks. It doesnt. Ever seen it crash just by itself? I havent...but then again I dont download wares, or use pr0n, or download spam! I havent had a virus or spyware for years. I truely doubt much of the photoshop community could say as much. Thats why they probably say "WINDOWS SUX!!1111 IT CRASHED EVERY 3 SECONDS THEN WOULDNT START!!@1111" It doesnt crash..if you buy applications from your local store, and meet recommended specs. Sorry to burst YOUR bubble. Mac is about as editable as a rock with a straw. You cant upgrade or anything. PC owns mac in that respect. Mac crashed 2 times in 2 weeks...trying to use ilife:P.

#20 Live4Him2007

Live4Him2007

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Web Development, Graphic Design, writing, <br /><br />guitar, singing (badly), Sci-Fi : )

Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:07 PM

Ok..............................................................................
...........<insert long pause here....>

Yeah, it's probably true...Macs have issues. AND what's up with the YOU ONLY GET ONE MOUSE BUTTON!!! WHAT?? I LIVE on the right-click aspect of MS Windows. Sure, some Macs now have Rt. click, but it's not nearly as good as MS.

On that note, has anyone heard anything about the release date for Windows Vista? That should be interesting. Strange thing is...It looks a lot like Linux from what I've seen of the screenshots.

Hmm....we'll just have to wait and see.....

L4H

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users