7 replies to this topic

#1 bovine

bovine

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 02:20 PM

i have made this interface in photoshop and kneed to slice it to get it in dreamweaver what would be the best way to do that?
Also when you have got the slice tool out and you select the areas you want to slice how do you save them as separate images?

this is a pic of it.
Posted Image

#2 Nascaron

Nascaron

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 04:52 PM

I'd use Adobe ImageReady if I were you to slice it. There are alot of tutorials on that too (just use the P2L database or search on google..I don't have time to do so for you right now). ImageReady lets you export to HTML too (and creates the images seperately, so you don't have to save them one by one) and stuff. Anyway, there's a typo in your layout. It says 'Prodessional Webdesign'...I believe it should be 'Professional Webdesign'? *Just doesn't look that professional if it contains a typo in the header, lol*

Good luck.
-Nascaron

#3 Jaymz

Jaymz

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 05:35 PM

You can use the slice tool right in Photoshop to export the HTML

#4 Nascaron

Nascaron

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 07:20 PM

Well yea but since ImageReady got shipped with Photoshop and IR is totally built for those things..ah well, use whatever you want :)

#5 Penaf

Penaf

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 10:57 PM

Well ... It's not that hard to slice a layout in image ready ... i'm a newbie and already sliced one layout and I can say I thought it would be more difficult ... P2L provides great tuts to help you out on that matter as it helped me! You won't have problems with that

But by the way ... I think the letters on your layout could be a little bit more defined! But general is better than the average :)

Cheers

#6 upEVIL

upEVIL

2D / 3D Guru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 11:42 AM

You can use the slice tool in Photoshop and go to the save for web selection and it will export to html for you.
Basically what it does is take care some of the steps for you.
It will export the gif's to a folder called images and create an html page based on your psd image.

I can write a tut on this if it's not clear enough. but trust me...it's easy as hell.

No image ready needed. not html knowledge required.

UE

#7 mgibson

mgibson

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 11:59 AM

I'd agree that imageready would be your best tool to slice that template.
its more configurable than photoshop, u can name your slices, and view your sliced layout within your browser without having to save everything first.

Regards,

Mark.

#8 upEVIL

upEVIL

2D / 3D Guru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 07:22 PM

good point.

ue

0 user(s) are reading this topic