• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 puff of flash

puff of flash

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar, web design and development, harley bikes, custom choppers, rpg games, learning things like code and programs, really cool digital art oh and snakes :)<br /><br />Thats me in a nutshell.

Posted 25 February 2006 - 08:17 AM

Hi all,

I need help with some noobie problems iv got so here goes:

1) i made my intro page and used the stop(); script to stop it looping but it still loops... how can i get it to stop once it has played so that ppl can click enter?

2) i have a flower pic appearing down one side and i would like the page to be full size in the browser regardless of screen rez (liquid layout) i think i have told the AS and HTML to show it at 100% H and W but it still shows small.

3) i have use the standard 12 fps setting and the intro looks abit choppy... what is the best fps to use?

im using flash 8 and dreamweaver 8. On the html page i have made a 3 x 3 table to hold the flash movie in the center cell and expand it all but nothing works.

if you need to see the movie let me know

any help would be great,
Thanks in advance

#2 TheLonePhoeniX

TheLonePhoeniX

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Music + Design

Posted 25 February 2006 - 11:48 AM

Well the kinda problems you are facing are comepltely illogical and hence I would say you show us the movie.

Secondly about the fps question... Use 30 fps. The standard for VCD's etc is 29.97 or 29.95 fps rounding off = 30.

Also, because 30 fps is light on the CPU as well. I don't know the logic behind it but it's true.

You could go at any multiple of 30, as in 60 fps or even 90 fps (and I have seen flash movies playing at 90 fps) but they are ridiculously complex and most of all, don't make any sense anymore.

So I'd say, stick with 30. People often use 24 fps, which I think is good enough but some of the choppiness still lingers at 24.

I know a part of the logic though: Human retina projected images stay in the brain for around 1/20th of a second... So if your movie is faster it seems to be playing smoother.

I dunno the rest, but I again emphasize, stick with 30 fps. 12 fps is too boring and bland and most of all: not workable.

All the best bro and try and show us the movie and the code if possible. :ph34r:

#3 Tirus

Tirus

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Programming, Music, Martial Arts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 01:07 PM

as for the stop(); script, if you have put that actionscrip on a specific frame, your movie should stop.

if your intro is a movieclip itself, and that movieclip is within a frame on your main timeline, try putting the stop(); actionscript on the last frame of your movieclip.

#4 puff of flash

puff of flash

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar, web design and development, harley bikes, custom choppers, rpg games, learning things like code and programs, really cool digital art oh and snakes :)<br /><br />Thats me in a nutshell.

Posted 25 February 2006 - 03:05 PM

Hi

Thanks for the feedback. I will get on the fps problem in a while.

I have included the .fla file for you to look at and here is the HTML code for the flash movie, remember that im very new to flash and the movie will suck compared to what iv seen from others on this site :)

I did the intro as a movie, TIRUS, and i just aded a frame at the end and used the AS box to put the stop in... its probably not the way to do it but hey, im learning lol :D

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<title>intro</title>
</head>
<body bgcolor="#ffffff">
<!--url's used in the movie-->
<a href="http://www.lilianjan...o.uk/home"></a>
<!--text used in the movie-->
<!-- saved from url=(0013)about:internet -->
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.ma...ersion=8,0,0,0" width="600" height="400" id="intro" align="middle">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
<param name="movie" value="intro.swf" /><param name="loop" value="false" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /><embed src="intro.swf" loop="false" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="600" height="400" name="intro" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedi...getflashplayer" />
</object>
</body>
</html>

BTW the link to lilianjanes.co.uk/home isnt active yet so it wont work ok.

any more help would be great.

Thanks again guys
Attached File  intro.zip   29.81KB   300 downloads

Edited by puff of flash, 25 February 2006 - 03:19 PM.

#5 Tirus

Tirus

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 03:43 PM

i downloaded the intro.zip, but I cant seem to open the file in flash.....is it a .fla file or a .swf file? Either way, it said unexpected file format.

#6 puff of flash

puff of flash

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 05:10 PM

Hmmm thats strange.... thats the file that i got from the publish button..
I will try and post the file again. If it still dont work would you mind if i contact you by e-mail or msn an send you the file?

Try this one

Attached File  intro.zip   30.42KB   241 downloads

#7 Tirus

Tirus

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 06:15 PM

Hmmm thats strange.... thats the file that i got from the publish button..
I will try and post the file again. If it still dont work would you mind if i contact you by e-mail or msn an send you the file?

Try this one

Attached File  intro.zip   30.42KB   241 downloads

i still get a file with no extension and when i add the extension fla or swf, it doesnt work.

send me an email with the fla file.

also, for anyone else, if you want to try and get the attachment to work, it doesnt show up on his posts. you need to quote his post, go to reply, and preview the reply with his quoted post, and the zip file attachment will show up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users