19 replies to this topic

#1 liveman

liveman

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 05:04 PM

Ok, well I got into trouble in class for leaning in my chair, and my teacher is annoying stupid and gave me a 10 page report due tomorrow! on why I shouldn't do it also I need 3 documented cases of injuries caused by kids falling out of there chairs. So if anyone can help me or point me in right direction I would love you forever!

Please Note Do not laugh ^_^ I have had enough laughter for this assignment from everyone else in my class

#2 l3lueMage

l3lueMage

Wanna Be Moderator

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,603 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 05:10 PM

Well, I dont know if the cases have to be official or not, but one time in my class the person sitting next to me was leaning back in his chair, the chair slipped his head hit the corner of the desk behind him then the tile, he got a concussion...

And I hated my teacher cause she thought I kicked his chair I was like wtf? Anyways thats one case ^_^

and wtf 10pages? Thats like stupid, 1-2 pages max lol...just do 5 and double space it :D

#3 ktd

ktd

* Something Ain't Right *

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:58 PM

Write a 10 page report on how this report doesn't have a vaild point because you will still do it anyway. :) Worked in highschool for me :)

Sorry, but I can't help find anything. However, I did look.

Just ditch the class :)

Note: Don't always take advise from me...Trust me...

#4 l3lueMage

l3lueMage

Wanna Be Moderator

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,603 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 10:29 PM

One time i was in your situation but it was talking during class, and my teacher said write a 6 page essay on why you shouldnt talk in class...first of al 6 is a random number where did she get that from? XD and second I sort of did what kevthedude did, but I just wrote 2 pages and then I was like I cant write anymore what do u want me to write geez? so she read it and shes like write more...and I was like you tell me one thing you would add to that....and she couldnt think of anything so she let it go...just write as much as you can, if you cant write anymore and she still makes you do it, tell the principal or somethin teachers cant make you do those kind of things...I mean wtf leaning back in a chair? its your injury not her/hims(if u do get injured) whats in it for her/him?

Also once your done if she says its not good enough, say Look dude/lady, I have a forum I goto, its called pixel2life, I dont have all day to write these essays, and Im sure your teacher will understand :)

Edited by l3lueMage, 14 March 2006 - 10:31 PM.

#5 greg

greg

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Interests:Fine art, web and graphic design, naval architecture, chess, and sports.

Posted 14 March 2006 - 11:21 PM

What I do when I get silly writing assignments is take it over-the-top, as if it's very serious.

For example, last semester I had to write a paper on which is better at the grocery: Paper or plastic? Yes, a whole damn paper on whether to choose a paper bag or a plastic bag. So what I did is made it seem like a big deal, like a life-and-death decision, in fact, and in effect turned the paper into a humorous report (like a comedy). Teacher loved it.

Also, if you do what I did, it fills up space really fast. Because you can use lots of comparisons and long, serious descriptions of the tragic consequences of shifting the center of ones mass within a seating device. (See? Like that.)

G'luck.

#6 coolaid

coolaid

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • Interests:i wonder..

Posted 15 March 2006 - 03:44 AM

if i were you i just wouldn't do it. the worst that can happen is detention. she can't grade you on it. (if your the only one in class that has to do it)

#7 Paint

Paint

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:55 AM

Yeah, I agree with coolaid. Just don't do it, whats the worst that can happen?

#8 l3lueMage

l3lueMage

Wanna Be Moderator

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,603 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:25 PM

That is true, if you dont do it, then what a day of detention? if she gives anything worse then once again take it with the principal or something.

#9 Nerdstyle

Nerdstyle

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 02:08 PM

If you want to go with the serious counter argument side of the paper you can include this visual.

Posted Image

Proof that even business men lean back in their chair. :)

But in all seriousness I don't think its a good idea to just not to it....

#10 Pax

Pax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 05:12 PM

When I was younger I had to clean my toys up in the basement, and I wasnt all too happy about it...I was sitting on a wooden chair, kinda straddling it like a horse and leaning back on it. It ended up tipping backwards, and my head hit a big cardbord box (didnt hurt). The box ended up propping my head up as the seat of the chair embedded itself in my chin. A few blood soaked towels, couple freezing needles and 6 stiches later, all was well! Now I have a scar that looks kinda like this: _____________ but puffier.

I never did stop "reclining" in my chairs. Its just too comfortable. Go write a 10 pager on why schools should get La-Z-Boys in all the classrooms instead of the nasty back-killing plastic chairs :) You could also go for the argument that the school's chairs are designed to inflict minimal damamge to a person, making them the "chair of choice" to recline on.

In any case, good luck, 13pt font, doublespaced and bring the margins in! :D

#11 liveman

liveman

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:03 PM

Just ditch the class :P

Note: Don't always take advise from me...Trust me...

Well that would have been easy if I could drive, or even get out of the school. They have teachers like stand guard at our doors, its like wtf... I mean I think I go to prision :)

Also I did it, 5 pages and said fuck it, but I had 3 sources and cited it, apa formate and I said do I get EC for it and she was like no, and I said fine, left the class and she said "were are you going?!" and I replied "well I just dont like your class, or you so I'm leaving" no lie, and well 2 weeks suspended :o

#12 greg

greg

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Interests:Fine art, web and graphic design, naval architecture, chess, and sports.

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:05 PM

I never understood why they consider suspension a punishment. You get to stay home for a given number of days, and you don't even have to make up an excuse for your teachers when you come back to school. It's like an extra vacation!

#13 liveman

liveman

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:07 PM

ITs ISS (in school suspension) sit in a class do nothing for 7 hours (yeah 7, I got an extra hour cause I go to vocational school) and loss .5 pt per day per missed IN EACH CLASS !

#14 coolaid

coolaid

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • Interests:i wonder..

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:24 PM

oh man.. i hate class suspension.. i dont have iss though. just cut your 7 hours down to 1 and thats class suspension :o

#15 l3lueMage

l3lueMage

Wanna Be Moderator

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,603 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:11 PM

Sorry but I have to say this, YOUR TEACHER IS RETARDED!

I swear, if a teacher is able to make such a big deal about leaning back in the chair, then you should be able to get them fired when they make a mistake while lecturing!

#16 Scythar

Scythar

Honored X Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 09:33 AM

I am not going to comment on that since i am a teacher myself ;).
Even now, while i am typing this my students are giving me comments cos i cant type blind and THEY can. (yes i give them informatics: access, excel etc...)
Anywayz, ill ask them :)
Nasira says, you can fall down to a lower level (lol). And while you stretch your legs someone else can fall over it and break somthing (well shes not known for her intelligence)
Farah: she wouldnt lean back, cos then the boys would touch her and pull her hair (§she the one whos in love with herself)
Morales: same thing as above, but now the girls wouldnt be able to leave him along)

I am afraid i am not a real help here.

#17 Pax

Pax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 10:24 AM

heh, in school suspensions suck. I spent my last day of highschool on an inschool suspension ;) During the athletic banquet a few guys from the rugby team took their cars and we did laps around the school's running track. Needless to say, the principal, the VP's and the police were a bit less than impressed with us. The drivers of the cars (which I thankfully was not one) nearly got tagged with Driving recklessly and endangerment of civilian charges (there were people playing on the field in the middle of the track). They all go let of with warnings on those two charges, but got nailed with a Tresspassing fine...and a week of inschool suspension.

#18 Nerdstyle

Nerdstyle

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 12:10 PM

Dude I told you not to listen to these peoples advice... lol

#19 evolvingsolutions

evolvingsolutions

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Photoshop<br>ASP<br>PHP<br>FLASH<br>AI<br>HTML<br>CSS<br>NETWORKING<br>COMPUTER TROUBLE SHOOTING<br>

Posted 16 March 2006 - 12:23 PM

no its probably better that way , now you can make a thread of how to stay entertained during those 7 hours of nothin !

I always liked the "what pictures can you find in the wall" game

#20 liveman

liveman

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 06:02 PM

I just had a bunch of pennies in my pocket and threw them at the door so the teacher would think someone is knocking...very fun :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users