2 replies to this topic

#1 cs5n531

cs5n531

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 11:42 AM

Sorry if this is the wrong section for this, but i have a VB6 question. I'm trying to make a .exe that has a dot in the center of the screen that always stays on top (I've completed that). Now what I need it to do is not have Window's "focus" when the dot is clicked. Like when you click on a program, Windows is going to be focused on that program because you clicked it. Is it possible to make the dot "unclickable" by never gaining Window's focus, or make it so that what ever program was opened after the .exe will gain the focus instead?

I really need this figured out soon, its pretty urgent. PLEASE respond if you know how to do this, or if you need me to make it clearer. thanks

#2 Mr. Matt

Mr. Matt

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 12:10 PM

i have showed this to my mate who can code Visual Basic :)

I think it is also in the wrong section, so i am sure a mod will move it

edit:

little confused, 2 things:

what do u mean by a dot

and

do u mean you want the dot to stay above all other windows but not be clickable?

Edited by deadly, 30 April 2006 - 12:17 PM.

#3 cs5n531

cs5n531

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 01:16 PM

Hey

The dot is a small square I made without having the bar on the top of the window that has the X to close, maximize window or minimize, so its just a plain little square thats one color.

I want it to remain ontop of any window that is opened besides the dot, I already have code in it to make it like that.

My main concern is the focus - thanks for any help givin!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users