Photo

The "official" world cup talk!

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#41 _*Speed_*

_*Speed_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2006 - 05:02 PM

Im pretty sure Iran will kick everyones @$$ in the world cup.

It was sad how Iran lost to Mexico.... But lets hope they can kick someone elses a$$

I know. Iran had a good defense in the beginning but gradually started screwing up. Iran will be versing portual and angola next. June 17 and June 21.

#42 stepter

stepter

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:photoshop, skate, flash, play games, pay soccer

Posted 12 June 2006 - 01:35 PM

the netherlands don't win from argentinia but the go to the quarter finals, that's for sure! i'll think they win that but lose at the semi finals :D but yeah who knows :D

#43 Concept X

Concept X

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 01:40 PM

well everyone seems to think englands gonna win, we have a good team this time around, but the flags EVERYWHERE are doing my head in, on every car.......and as always scotland didnt quailify lol

#44 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 01:53 PM

well everyone seems to think englands gonna win, we have a good team this time around, but the flags EVERYWHERE are doing my head in, on every car.......and as always scotland didnt quailify lol

I don't, and the flags **** me off to :D

i think we have a good chance of semis but im not sure about final or even winning.

#45 MK_LAGI

MK_LAGI

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Interests:p2l :D

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:43 PM

Actually brazil is gonna win, they will play against Italy in the final, remember this post in the final :D

#46 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 01:25 PM

Holy crap, what is with all the dives in soccer?! Are these people all cry babies?!

Some background... I never watch soccer, I can't stand it. Unfortunately the sports channel at the gym is playing it nonstop, so I'm catching glimpses of it while I work out. WHAT THE HELL is with the players constantly taking dives?! I couldn't believe it!! A player's nail grazes a guys arm and he goes down looking like he's 5 seconds from death. Is this some kind of tactic to draw penalties or something?! Seriously, it's almost embarassing, so they must do this for a reason. Can someone explain why all the diving? In hockey this used to be an issue where ppl were diving to draw penalities in playoff games, but now refs are MUCH tougher on it and give out penalities for diving... this the same issue? if so, are the diving wusses penalized?

EDIT - Ok never mind... just spoke to a group of 6 italians sitting in the foyer of my gym watching Brazil and I asked them this same question... they said because soccer athletes are better developed and the game is faster, it's harder for the refs to maintain the entire game, so players can get away with diving more often to try and draw penalty kicks. Then they all started arguing about how they should change the rules to alleviate the situation and I moved on to working out before they got into a brawl lol!

Dan

#47 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 04:09 PM

Yes, if they are "caught", Its a yellow. FIFA are trying to tighten up on it, to no avail really.
I agree there is too much diving in "soccer" and that most players are wimps, But i still love it lol

S. Korea v Togo - 2-1.

My bets are on Brazil, Argentina or England to win btw.

Edited by .Matt, 13 June 2006 - 04:10 PM.

#48 Mr. Matt

Mr. Matt

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 04:37 PM

football needs to have all same ref'ing system rugby has where there is video playback, and others refs who can intervine and catch the players diving, i agree it is very stupid.

Brazil have a lot of talent, but they ruin it by needless diving

#49 Xeronix

Xeronix

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:04 PM

I think Brazil will be out by the quarter finals or semis. There defence is just not good enough as was proven today. My bet for the championship would probably be Czech Republic but my heart says England so come on England! lol

#50 Magnesium

Magnesium

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, golf, Nam Pai Chuan Kung Fu, paintballing, squash, boxing and skiing

Posted 13 June 2006 - 07:22 PM

I completely agree that the refs should clamp down on diving, it is getting bloody ridiculous.
But honestly, what the hell?! Why do all World Cup refs have it in for England, they wouldn't even let the players grab a drink during the match - we're used to cloudy skies and heavy rain, not swealtering heat!

#51 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:37 AM

Well it just slays me because ppl talk about how tough these guys are, yet there's more diving during these games than in the summer olympic diving events :) Personally I agree with one of the guys that was explaining this to me... you get caught diving, you're thrown out of the game.

Anyhow, around here it's Italy fans... flags are EVERYWHERE... on ppls houses, hanging from cars, bikes etc. It's madness. You should have seen the streets a couple of days ago when Italy played.

Dan

#52 MK_LAGI

MK_LAGI

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Interests:p2l :D

Posted 14 June 2006 - 12:19 PM

I think Italy will be in the final against Brazil but they will loose.

#53 RedDragon

RedDragon

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 207 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 01:58 PM

My favorites for winning the title after seeing them all play their first game:

Italy
Czech Republik
Brasil
Spain

#54 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 01:07 PM

England 2 - 0 T&T

COME ON!!0 90th minute beauty!!

Edited by .Matt, 15 June 2006 - 01:08 PM.

#55 l3lueMage

l3lueMage

Wanna Be Moderator

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,603 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 01:18 PM

England 2 - 0 T&T

COME ON!!0 90th minute beauty!!

I just finished watching that game, I might watch the was it sweden vs paraguay? seems that sweden is a good team.

#56 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 01:22 PM

edit: I take that back, we don't need Sweden to loose, we are already through :(

WO0O!

Edited by .Matt, 15 June 2006 - 01:37 PM.

#57 RedDragon

RedDragon

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 207 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 02:22 PM

lol England should be ashamed, I really think T&T deserved a point. But who cares, they made it to the next round :(

#58 Magnesium

Magnesium

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, golf, Nam Pai Chuan Kung Fu, paintballing, squash, boxing and skiing

Posted 15 June 2006 - 02:23 PM

Yeah first 80 minutes were a proper snooze (Crouch, Lampard, how many chances do you want?!), but a nice finish I must say.
I'd still feel safer if we came out top, don't want to end up with Germany.

#59 l3lueMage

l3lueMage

Wanna Be Moderator

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,603 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 05:01 PM

poor paraguay, out of the cup :(

#60 RedDragon

RedDragon

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 207 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 08:50 AM

OMG Argentina is on fire against Serbia & Montenegro!!

3-0 at half time ^_^

edit.. 6-0 lol

Edited by RedDragon, 16 June 2006 - 09:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users