• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 codie

codie

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, graphic design, computer games, GIRLS, going to movies, mountain biking, music, playing guitar, eating, traveling around the world and taking phtographs, thats all i can think of for now.

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:34 AM

Ok well latly i have had trouble with getting here to pixel2life.com, everytime i try and acces this site all my computers (3) time out and i cant get here to talk to the wonderfull comunity (i have joined others but they arnt as nice as u guys)

Im not sure if this is a area problem, universal problem, or computer problem but if any one thinks they know what the problem is it would be great if you could tell me and if you have the same problems.

PS: if I dont reply back for a while, dont be surprised ^_^

:) :D

#2 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:49 AM

Theres others from New Zealand also unable to access P2L, I gave Dan a list of IP's to see what was going on as it was only since the last server move unsure what it is maybe Dan or Tysoft can answer as to why.

Could also be your isp blocking the site too

#3 codie

codie

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, graphic design, computer games, GIRLS, going to movies, mountain biking, music, playing guitar, eating, traveling around the world and taking phtographs, thats all i can think of for now.

Posted 06 June 2006 - 02:16 AM

Theres others from New Zealand also unable to access P2L, I gave Dan a list of IP's to see what was going on as it was only since the last server move unsure what it is maybe Dan or Tysoft can answer as to why.

Could also be your isp blocking the site too

It would not surprise me if NZ IP was blocking us from you, they are the worst isp you would ever want (the own the whole line throughout NZ)

but im hopping its an easy fix, thxs for letting me know its not computer or home network screwin up
^_^ :)

#4 syntex

syntex

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts
  • Interests:Poetry, Photography, Music, My Band, Guitar and out of my mind experiences.

Posted 06 June 2006 - 02:24 AM

Yep happend to me aswell, Weirdo ISPs

#5 codie

codie

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 02:28 AM

Yep happend to me aswell, Weirdo ISPs

are you with xtra, if so that might be our problem (mind you they have control over all the others too)

#6 syntex

syntex

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts
  • Interests:Poetry, Photography, Music, My Band, Guitar and out of my mind experiences.

Posted 06 June 2006 - 02:33 AM

Yes indeed i am, I call them.. They blame it on me.
I reply, so what ive been using the same connection for over a year, ur crap upgrades go through and it messes *closes the phone*

#7 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 02:34 AM

The other member I know of is on xtra.co.nz I just asked them if they could view P2L as yet and still nope.

#8 codie

codie

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 05:36 AM

son of a b*****es

Despreate pleed for a new company to set up in NZ im sure majourity of us would transfer to you even if you only supplied us with 2mbps, the upgrade to 3.5mbps isnt even noticble unless u watch ur ping on online gamming (if ur not a NZ resident none of tht proabally made sense)

maybe ill try complaning too, they might listen to a poor young incocent 15 year old boy (and if they dont theyll have hell to pay)
XTRA>>>> ^_^<<<< MOI

:) :D

Edited by codie, 06 June 2006 - 05:37 AM.

#9 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:18 PM

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know this is being worked on... Tysoft has identified an issue with the DC on this, so we're working on it :blush:

Dan

#10 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:54 PM

I've had a couple on minor interruptions over the past week or so, but its always been fine after say 15/20 mins :blush: Might have been less even.

(i'm in UK anyway :P)

#11 _*TySoft_*

_*TySoft_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2006 - 05:13 PM

We are working on the issue that is preventing some New Zealand IPs from accessing the server. If you are affected, if you can PM me a traceroute from your PC to pixel2life.com when you are having trouble accessing the site, that would be immensely useful on localizing the problem.

Also dealing with some DDoS attacks in the past couple of days - just filtered out another batch of IPs that were bogging the server down today. This is not related to the New Zealand issues, however.

#12 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 11:14 PM

I've just had another member contact me over this so will paste what Dan has passed onto me so you can let your isp know

global-gateway.net.nz has not updated their IP pool so they don't think the IPs allocated to the new theplanet DC, so when they update all should be well. :P

TySoft maybe you can explain this better.

#13 ludwigw

ludwigw

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Designer at Lee ter Wal.

Posted 22 September 2006 - 02:55 PM

Hey!

I'm the other member who's also with Xtra. Apparently it was also my fault :\ I was unable to view Pixel2Life for a few months and then as soon as 13dots moved over to servseed I was unable to see that also. However for the past few weeks (since the DNS issues with the domains) I could suddenly see them again :P I did call Xtra many times and they said they'd get a team working on it so it may be that :(

#14 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 02:58 PM

Hey!

I'm the other member who's also with Xtra. Apparently it was also my fault :\ I was unable to view Pixel2Life for a few months and then as soon as 13dots moved over to servseed I was unable to see that also. However for the past few weeks (since the DNS issues with the domains) I could suddenly see them again :D I did call Xtra many times and they said they'd get a team working on it so it may be that :)

:P Nice to see your finally back, never did get a full explanation as to what was going on but am pleased whatever it was is sorted and New Zealanders can get in, we'd be lost without our kiwi's :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users