15 replies to this topic

#1 ironman_jakarta

ironman_jakarta

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 05:30 AM

HI. I'm looking for a tutorial on how to make a flash layout for myspace.

I've looked everywhere but I can't find one.

I'd like it to look like this:

http://www.maybachusa.com/

All the myspace functions would display inside the swf.

So I need info on how to structure the flash and manipulate myspace to merge them together.

Does anyone know of a myspace flash layout site I can look at? I cant find any.

Thanks!

#2 Wolfe

Wolfe

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 11:10 AM

I know Myspace allows flash embeds and such.

But, I'm pretty sure that it's impossible to merge myspace functions into the flash object.

I think that would be more along the lines of myspace hacking rather than designing :)

Edited by Wolfe, 09 June 2006 - 11:10 AM.

#3 thetopher

thetopher

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 02:16 PM

no. it's possible. you just need to be able to create flash websites. and then you have to know how to create div's to make it completely overlay your old profile.

#4 ironman_jakarta

ironman_jakarta

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:15 PM

but how do you get the mypace data to display within the flash layout? like it works in the maybach site.

what i need is some info on how to get the swf to access each section of a myspace profile page and display it when a link to it is clicked on. i imagine if this is possible to do, it would be quite unique. i cant find a myspace site that does anything exactly like this. has anyone ever seen a full fledged flash layout in myspace?

no. it's possible. you just need to be able to create flash websites. and then you have to know how to create div's to make it completely overlay your old profile.

Edited by ironman_jakarta, 09 June 2006 - 07:16 PM.

#5 x13igDudex12

x13igDudex12

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 04:38 PM

what you have to do is make a flash entirely from scratch and add all the information by hand...

myspace doesnt put information into flash...

mine ( http://www.myspace.com/sthiek ) is crude but works... i had to add all of the information by hand... it took a good weekend to do but it was the first and now im on my fourth... even though i started the third and fourth and just threw um out...

but still the key is to just make a profile from scratch then make a div overlay and then place the embed on the overylay

if this over lay confuses you go to http://www.mygen.co.uk and join the forums and go to the flash section to learn about flash profiles and the use the tutorials to make a div overlay

#6 Tromac

Tromac

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 08:27 PM

It is possible to create a flash myspace, have a loot at mine here.

To create all the links, just get the URL's from your current MySpace by right clicking on each and choosing properties. In Flash create a button and add the following code:
on(release)
{
getURL("http://-----MySpace URL Goes Here-----", "_top");
}

Once you have created your Flash you need to upoad it to the internet and in your About Me section in MySpace you need to create a Div layer and put your animation inside it. Search Google for how to create Div layers in HTML.

Also, MySpace filters the .swf extention in your code, so rename the extenction to swo or something else use this HTML, and make sure you do the same in the HTML:
<embed src="-----NAME.swo-----" quality="high" width="371" height="265" align="middle"  type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
This will fool the MySpace filters, but browsers will still recognise the file and display it.

As far as I know there is no way to have your Comments in the Flash file, so you will need to put the comments table also in a div layer and position it where you want it.

I hope this helps :)

#7 x13igDudex12

x13igDudex12

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 10:22 PM

Also, MySpace filters the .swf extention in your code, so rename the extenction to swo or something else use this HTML, and make sure you do the same in the HTML:

<embed src="-----NAME.swo-----" quality="high" width="371" height="265" align="middle"  type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
This will fool the MySpace filters, but browsers will still recognise the file and display it.

As far as I know there is no way to have your Comments in the Flash file, so you will need to put the comments table also in a div layer and position it where you want it.

Really? Since when... mine works just fine and i used .swf

( www.myspace.com/sthiek )

#8 Wowzers

Wowzers

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 11:21 PM

It is possible but its not worth the time honestly, Its best to do some objects in flash, I did The view more pics, contacts, main information and friends thing in flash.

#9 Tromac

Tromac

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 01:31 AM

Really? Since when... mine works just fine and i used .swf

( www.myspace.com/sthiek )

Sorry, your right. There was a while there when it was disallowed as people were using at a way to use Javascript. I recomend to still do this as it's only a matter of time before Tom bans it again... :)

#10 Wowzers

Wowzers

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 05:00 AM

lol... There is a way to get comments in flash. But it takes alot of php knowledge with flash (if that made sense lol).

#11 Tromac

Tromac

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 07:31 AM

Yea, i dont think its worth the time and effort to put your ENTIRE myspace into the flash... I think you should do what i have done, just little animations like the contacting box or the links bar, etc. You can make it look just as good as if you created the whole thing in flash.
Also it will load a hell of a lot quicker with smaller ones, very helpful to those with low-band connections.

Is any of this helpful ironman? :)

#12 x13igDudex12

x13igDudex12

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:14 AM

Yea, i dont think its worth the time and effort to put your ENTIRE myspace into the flash... I think you should do what i have done, just little animations like the contacting box or the links bar, etc. You can make it look just as good as if you created the whole thing in flash.
Also it will load a hell of a lot quicker with smaller ones, very helpful to those with low-band connections.

Is any of this helpful ironman? :D

Hehe, since im only like 14, and i haven't gotten into high school were (hopefully) they have a class where i can learn more flash i use myspace to help practice flash and html...

My non-flash page ( www.myspace.com/cokeandpepsi ) i had to make completly by hand and within myspace's rules of no object and no javascript like that.... so i now no more about html then i did before and im getting better at flash.... :)

#13 Tromac

Tromac

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 03:55 AM

I made my MySpace layout using Flash, Photoshop and Notepad when i was 15 :D. (Sorry, Im very proud of my page :) )

A good way to get to know Flash better is to follow some tutorials, and then try to make something small with your new knowledge (without tutorials), and just create different things. Slowly but surely you will extend your knowledge of Flash and Actionscripting. And if you have trouble with something, there are plenty of people here that are happy to help you out :) Dont get put off if somethings difficult.
...This is what i do anyway :D and it works pretty well.

Anyway, getting back to my point, you dont need to be in a multimedia class to learn Flash :) In fact its probably better if you learn out of class because if you have an interest in what your doing youll learn a lot better.

#14 x13igDudex12

x13igDudex12

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 08:06 PM

I made my MySpace layout using Flash, Photoshop and Notepad when i was 15 :D. (Sorry, Im very proud of my page :D )

A good way to get to know Flash better is to follow some tutorials, and then try to make something small with your new knowledge (without tutorials), and just create different things. Slowly but surely you will extend your knowledge of Flash and Actionscripting. And if you have trouble with something, there are plenty of people here that are happy to help you out :) Dont get put off if somethings difficult.
...This is what i do anyway :D and it works pretty well.

Anyway, getting back to my point, you dont need to be in a multimedia class to learn Flash :P In fact its probably better if you learn out of class because if you have an interest in what your doing youll learn a lot better.

bingo, im learning a lot now so i can be.... a step ahead in any classes my school may have... the one i have now i made with a couple tutorials and some easy design without photoshop... but now im using photoshop a bit more....

and may i, or we... see your profile you are oh so very proud of?

#15 Tromac

Tromac

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:35 AM

Tisnt anything too special, but im still proud :D http://myspace.com/tromac

#16 Wowzers

Wowzers

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 01:35 AM

thats navigation is kinda neat^.. since we're showing off lol..

http://www.myspace.com/statisticz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users