22 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Matt

Mr. Matt

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 10:23 PM

Hey

Now the comp is over I am going to share my images i entered. Feel free to stick up your entries in here so we can see the faces behind the images!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks

Matt

Edited by deadly, 07 July 2006 - 10:35 PM.

#2 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 10:36 PM

Love the first and 3rd photo's

Mine

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 RedDragon

RedDragon

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 207 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 01:38 AM

That bird photo rocks :) You can even see the dew on the grass if you look closely ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by RedDragon, 08 July 2006 - 01:39 AM.

#4 Erik Bernskiold

Erik Bernskiold

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Interests:I love to do booth Web Design and Photography. Nothing beats a nice day out in the nature with the camera gear, getting loads of nice photos. I have been playing the flute for 6 years now and I love it, and I am playing the pipe organ as well. I also like to teach other people the in and outs of software such as the CS3 suite from Adobe.

Posted 08 July 2006 - 03:49 AM

Sadly I didn't get time to enter this contest because I didn't have computer access after I took the best shots until it was too late, but I still think I would share the photo I would have entered. I had a few to choose from but I think I would have entered,

Either Still Life 1 or Still Life 2]
and for outdoor scenery this

(Those images are resized for a 800x600 screen, took the size now for faster loading.)

#5 The_pro_designer

The_pro_designer

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:I am a Graphics designer, I work at Target, and I have a beautiful girlfriend names Mckenna. <3 Thats about it.

Posted 08 July 2006 - 05:56 AM

Well.. deadly I like your third and fourth best! Donne, I love both but best I would have to say number one, and RD.. cg first of all! I like number two and number four on yours best! :) I wish My camera worked..witch it dosent... I would have loved to shoot things and enter them.. Broke it and never got a new one.. ;)

#6 Xfader

Xfader

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Interests:Computers :)

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:17 AM

I should have entered some :) but I had some personal problems round the time of submitting, so I wasnt online that time....

#7 Canen Art

Canen Art

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • Interests:I love taking photos of nature. That includes everything from the little bugs and animals all the way to natures beautiful landscapes.

Posted 08 July 2006 - 09:36 PM

It's neat to see the names behind these great photos. I just wanted to thank everyone that participated in this contest. I hope to see who the other photos were taken by. :)

Best Regards,

Jason :)

#8 Kai 028

Kai 028

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 11:38 PM

:) I shouldn't have even bothered submitting mine, especially my wild life entry, I knew that was worthless already. (lol). I must admit, these pictures are breath taking.

Mine:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Kai 028, 08 July 2006 - 11:39 PM.

#9 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 12:07 AM

:o I shouldn't have even bothered submitting mine, especially my wild life entry, I knew that was worthless already. (lol). I must admit, these pictures are breath taking.

:) There is nothing wrong with your photo's, don't be so hard on yourself at least you had the courage to enter and think of it this way you were one of the 200 finalists. :)

#10 Canen Art

Canen Art

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • Interests:I love taking photos of nature. That includes everything from the little bugs and animals all the way to natures beautiful landscapes.

Posted 09 July 2006 - 12:33 AM

You have to remember there was a lot of great photos to choose from. It was very hard to pick just one great photo. Kai 028 just so you know your scenery photo made it into the top 18. :)

Best Regards,

Jason :)

#11 Kai 028

Kai 028

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 12:56 AM

:) There is nothing wrong with your photo's, don't be so hard on yourself at least you had the courage to enter and think of it this way you were one of the 200 finalists. :)

Thanks Donna, I really love your picture of the little waterfall. But I really don't think my wild life one wasnt that great, didn't have much to work with... well I guess to much in this case, those sand cranes are vicious when they have baby. (I wasn't really harassing them or anything, it's just that this was taken on my lawn and i was also trying to hold my dog back. [lol])

Edited by Kai 028, 09 July 2006 - 01:23 AM.

#12 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 01:25 AM

:) There is nothing wrong with your photo's, don't be so hard on yourself at least you had the courage to enter and think of it this way you were one of the 200 finalists. :o

Thanks Donna, I really love your picture of the little waterfall. But I really don't think my wild life one was that great, didn't have much to work with... well I guess to much in this case, those sand cranes are vicious when they have baby. (I wasn't really harassing them or anything, it's just that this was taken on my lawn and i was also trying to hold my dog back. [lol])

It's not actually a waterfall, it's kinda like a pond that overflows into another, people use as a wishing well. It's on Vancouver Island where they have the world famous outdoor paintings if anyone knows that area. It wasn't the nicest thing to look at actually but I just saw a neat photo in it.

All birds are mean when they have young lol especially geese and australian magpies :)

#13 christa

christa

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:28 AM

Great pictures everyone, very nice to see who submitted which image :)

The following images where my entries:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 Flibx

Flibx

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 04:47 PM

eh. some great images in the competition. these are the 5 i entered:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

My favourite shot of mine is definately the outdoor one (wooden sign) but there were lots of really good photos entered.

Christa - I really like that flower. it looks very sharp and works well as a photo :ph34r:

#15 Zombee

Zombee

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:12 PM

Wow, some amazing work there from everyone!

#16 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:27 PM

I feel bad for the judges lol! There were sooo many good ones, it's really hard to find just one. You guys are really talented :ph34r: I think we'll have to do another photo contest sometime.

Dan

#17 Dynamite Dan

Dynamite Dan

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Computing, Photoshop and Gaming

Posted 10 July 2006 - 12:36 PM

Here Are my three

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Dynamite Dan, 10 July 2006 - 12:38 PM.

#18 christa

christa

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:37 PM

I really like that flower. it looks very sharp and works well as a photo

Thanks for the kind words :love: I did make some adjustments (mainly on the background) in Photoshop. The photo was taken at a flower show and this rose was one of the winners.

#19 The_pro_designer

The_pro_designer

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:I am a Graphics designer, I work at Target, and I have a beautiful girlfriend names Mckenna. <3 Thats about it.

Posted 10 July 2006 - 02:47 PM

I really love the first photo of your Dynimite Dan! The third is also nice!

#20 Canen Art

Canen Art

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 10:55 PM

Posted Image

:) I really liked this one too.

It was a hard contest to judge. I look forward to doing another one of these later this year. :D

Best Regards,

Jason :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users