Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

If you owned Pixel2life, where would you advertise it?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 Adam Sheridan

Adam Sheridan

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Web Development, Graphic Design and Corporate Identity.

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:05 PM

Magazines!

In the UK two magazines which would be very good to promote would be Computer Arts and .NET, :P

- Adam

#62 MetalSkin

MetalSkin

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:15 PM

Yup havto agree, magazines would be the best place.

IMHO creating a dodgy video for self promotion is as bad as spam... its so... words fail me.

Don't think google adds would be effective. Does any of the big vendors allow adds on their forums?

#63 mattcch2007

mattcch2007

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:05 PM

I must advertise on some high pagerank websites,
and maybe pr3 or above as I suppose.

In addition, put in on some friends' website is another good idea. :P

#64 CrazedLlama

CrazedLlama

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Music, Guitar, Basketball

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:23 PM

How about some P2L wear, like hats, shirts, buttens and hey why not sell toofbrushes lol Sorry if this is already posted but i didn't have time to read everyone's idea....
I mean alot of sites sell wears im pretty sure we have some donaters to help out also.

#65 Spide®™

Spide®™

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:54 PM

How about some P2L wear, like hats, shirts, buttens and hey why not sell toofbrushes lol Sorry if this is already posted but i didn't have time to read everyone's idea....
I mean alot of sites sell wears im pretty sure we have some donaters to help out also.

A black shirt and cap & bennie hat for the winter lol, would be awesome :)

#66 Adam Sheridan

Adam Sheridan

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Web Development, Graphic Design and Corporate Identity.

Posted 26 June 2007 - 05:36 PM

P2L Wear wouldn't be much of an advertisement I don't think, not many people see the words pixel2life and think "wow, I wonder what that is...". Whereas if there was a magazine advert it would explain it, especially if you choose a design magazine.

"But what if there is a URL on the t-shirt aswell?"
Who would remember it by the time the get home, and who would care about some guys t-shirt enough to check it out?

P2L Wear would be great for support and bringing in some extra money, but I couldn't see it bringing many newcomers to the website.

See if any of the big magazines wanna support you a bit, maybe right an article. If you don't ask, you don't get. Simple. :)

Hope this helps, ;)
- Adam

#67 Wybe

Wybe

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Interests:I have no interests

Posted 29 June 2007 - 06:30 PM

:) Me and a friend have an idea on somthing we thought of a bit ago to advertise P2L a bit :)

That's all I can say for now, It's a suprise. ;P

you have to remind your parents to give you less allowance

#68 Bouzy210

Bouzy210

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:04 PM

I'm up for that challenge :D

Just a question: Do you think it would draw away some of the traffic from the main P2L site?

The myspace and facebook wouldn't have resources and tutorials and stuff it would just be like meet the makers of pixel to life and the people that make it work. People would see it and then go to Pixel to life.com because they want to know how to make websites and hey (Could even include a new section of pixel2life about how to pimp out your myspace or make a custome one.

#69 Bug

Bug

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 04:52 AM

I'm up for that challenge :)

Just a question: Do you think it would draw away some of the traffic from the main P2L site?

The myspace and facebook wouldn't have resources and tutorials and stuff it would just be like meet the makers of pixel to life and the people that make it work. People would see it and then go to Pixel to life.com because they want to know how to make websites and hey (Could even include a new section of pixel2life about how to pimp out your myspace or make a custome one.

Ha! Awesome, well... be on the lookout for a pimped up Pixel2Life MySpace :lol:

#70 CarTitans

CarTitans

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Cars

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:26 AM

Just curious as to where you guys think Pixel2life should advertise to create awareness to people that we exist. Where would you advertise Pixel2life? I would like real suggestions by the way... places that actually offer ad space and such, not fantasy places like Adobe's front page :D

Dan

Dan, this might be a little strange for a promotion method, but since the website has such an education ring to it, I'd try it with high school and college communities. For example, high school students learning graphic design could use the forum for posting class projects and they could get graded by the project itself and also feedback from pixel2life members.

I haven't put more thought into this, but I think it might have some potential. Plus, think about the potential of having a few hundred .edu websites linking to your site :D

#71 msabas

msabas

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 11:34 AM

Well its always good to advertise online especially on graphic design tutorial related sites.. but i think one of the biggest and best places to do so is magazine advertisements.. For both publish printed magazines as well as web magazines...

but here is a list of magazines and sites that you can advertise at.

http://www.kudosmagazine.com/

http://www.pixelsurgeon.com/

http://www.psdmag.org/

#72 DeathWish^!

DeathWish^!

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Interests:Photoshop :)

Posted 20 August 2007 - 12:25 PM

i think they would put it on tv or on Word of mouth

#73 Xphic

Xphic

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:48 PM

lawl so old

clan/gaming site would be huge imo, but they would most likrly come for the sig tutorials and etc.

I would try image upload sites as well

#74 _*aditd_*

_*aditd_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:20 AM

Some how I would make entry in the forum to be posted on a twitter account or Facebook.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users