318 replies to this topic

#1 CoryMathews

CoryMathews

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 09:31 PM

Well thought i would let everyone know not to use serverseed hosting if you were planning on it. They charged me for hosting and a domain and never set it up. dont use them i reported them to the bbb. Thats there 3rd complaint on them. I sent them 4 customer service tickets and got no repsonces on any of them. Im calling up the credit card company to cancel my payment i just hope its not to late. I purchased it almost 3 weeks ago now. So just a heads up to anyone looking into using them.

Sry Faken but i really suggest u guys get off of their hosting they will most likely do the same to you eventually.

#2 Dale71

Dale71

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:04 PM

Well, Thanks for the warning.

#3 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:07 PM

Well thought i would let everyone know not to use serverseed hosting if you were planning on it. They charged me for hosting and a domain and never set it up. dont use them i reported them to the bbb. Thats there 3rd complaint on them. I sent them 4 customer service tickets and got no repsonces on any of them. Im calling up the credit card company to cancel my payment i just hope its not to late. I purchased it almost 3 weeks ago now. So just a heads up to anyone looking into using them.

Sry Faken but i really suggest u guys get off of their hosting they will most likely do the same to you eventually.

Serverseed had a rather large internal issue with the person who was supposed to be running the helpdesk and Ty had to fire this person and is scrambling for a replacement and get shit back together. I wil be having a discussion with him about service issues shortly and I expect he will chime in on this thread too.

Dan

#4 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 06:14 AM

I'll be watching this thread, since within the next couple of months ill be changing host and considering what i have heard from Dan and others about serverseed i had no reason not to go with them (especially with the p2l discount :P )

I find it hard to believe that this wasn't a one off due to the problem described by Dan and what little contact i have had with Tysoft (or Ty :D ) and from posts i have read he seemed to be alright to me...

None the less, open mind and all that, ill watch the outcome :)

#5 Illinifan91

Illinifan91

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 12:19 PM

thanks for the headsup i was thinking of using them.

#6 The_pro_designer

The_pro_designer

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:I am a Graphics designer, I work at Target, and I have a beautiful girlfriend names Mckenna. <3 Thats about it.

Posted 12 August 2006 - 12:40 PM

Well.. since dan put this into perspective When all said and done I will probaly still use them. :D (just not ready yet hehe)

#7 Hoot

Hoot

* Hooty Tooty Fruit *

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Interests:Making Websites, Working in 3D, Playing the Drums

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:42 PM

Everything is running great for me I have had no problems with Server Seed.

Hoot

#8 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 03:26 AM

I have several issues at the moment, as do around 5 of my staff who are seemingly being ignored for the last 4-5 days - which has never happened for my entire 2 and a half years of being hosted with Serverseed, I might add. (And yes, even when I was on shared hosting on the 'light' package)

I spoke to Ty about replacing the guy Dan mentioned that screwed him over, in a hope that I could improve what I see as the only downside to Serverseed - the support. But we'll see, and hopefully the radio silence from over at Serverseed isn't something more serious.

#9 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 04:21 AM

If you need help desk staff im willing to volunteer :) I have over 3 years of hosting experience and helping on the Help Desk at Synitex.com dealing with over 65 customers.. Just bear me in mind if you're on the lookout Dan :D

Dan doesn't run Serverseed, Ty does. I hope that was a spelling mistake :P

#10 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 11:37 AM

If you need help desk staff im willing to volunteer :D I have over 3 years of hosting experience and helping on the Help Desk at Synitex.com dealing with over 65 customers.. Just bear me in mind if you're on the lookout Dan :D

Dan doesn't run Serverseed, Ty does. I hope that was a spelling mistake :D

LOL yeah... I may be brave, but not brave enough to run a hosting company :D

Dan

#11 _*Zenom_*

_*Zenom_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2006 - 02:46 AM

Serverseed support is currently terrible. 7 Support Tickets, 2 PMS, 5 Instant Messages, and 2 phone calls all left unanswered. I hope they can resolve their issue FAST, there is currently a lot of things that are still left unanswered.

My recommendation; Dont buy serverseed hosting for few good months (possibly 3)
-Zenom

#12 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:football, Manchester Utd., coding, web developement, business, girls and warcraft.

Posted 14 August 2006 - 06:04 AM

Well, seems like alot of negative feedback :)

#13 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 01:24 PM

From my experience of web hosting.. Support is The number 1 spurce for a good hosting company, you can ask ANY Synitex customer.. they will tell you that the support is fantastic.. We have never had bad support.. With our DataCentre, we sometimes find it rude if they dont reply to us withing 2 days.. because customers come first above Anything .. If you dont have good support your company turns to :laugh: .. So theres either something desperately wrong with ServerSeed at the moment, or lacking support staff (Which they really shouldnt as i said support comes first..) and my last guess is they are just in it for the money and nothing else..

The guy that was supposed to doing the helpdesk stuff ended up running his own hosting gig behind Ty's back while he was supposed to be working. It was a real disaster... Ty is a great guy and I can assure you he wants the very best for his clients and will resolve these issues and get thigs back up to snuff.

No one can buy Serverseed hosting now anyway... new signups are disabled until they resolve the current servicing problems.

Dan

#14 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 03:26 PM

When I was on shared hosting at ServerSeed I wasn't very impressed at all and moved off quicker than I moved on Ty refunded my money in full and I went back to a host I'd had for over 2yrs worst thing I done was that but it was a hard lesson learn't.

After a few months of being given the run around and untold lies from my other host (one I might add I have sadly recommended to so many people :D ) and making me pay outrageous server fees, adding country blocks onto my server without even consulting me and all sorts of other uncalled stuff so he could fill his pocket, I went back to ServerSeed told tysoft what I needed and within a few hours he had me up and running again and moved my entire server for me, databases the lot, I'm still in the process of moving all my client sites over to SS.

I'm pretty sure when tysoft gets reliable trusting help all these issues will be sorted.

#15 CoryMathews

CoryMathews

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 01:55 AM

welll looks like im not the only one. but if ty really cares so much about his customers he needs to sit down and put the extra hours into his support. Cause this is rediculous, a company shouldnt revolve around 1 guy. If you run a company you should be able to do everything everyother employee can do should this scenerio arrise...

#16 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:02 AM

If you run a company you should be able to do everything everyother employee can do should this scenerio arrise...

No offense, but whoever told you that business rule is COMPLETELY wrong. The WORST kinds of business owners are the ones that think they can do anything their employees can. What should be in place is a redundancy system where every employee has a backup that can take over in case one is hit by a bus one day. I've worked for a couple of smallish companies where the owner thought he could do anything the employees did... it was the most annoying and ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

Dan

#17 Clandestine

Clandestine

* Forum Police *

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 11:05 AM

I think he ment that like, if your run the bussiness you should be able to work in every department. Or know some knowledge or something, so if something happends you arnt screwed. Nothing about the Owner being UBER and can run everything without help. Just is something like this happends the owner can give an extra hand

-Devyn

#18 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 11:28 AM

I think he ment that like, if your run the bussiness you should be able to work in every department. Or know some knowledge or something, so if something happends you arnt screwed. Nothing about the Owner being UBER and can run everything without help. Just is something like this happends the owner can give an extra hand

-Devyn

I still think that is false... no company owner can just waltz into accounting and start doing AR and AP, or walk into the serverroom and start configuring cisco routers, have some lunch, then head over to marketing and get crackin on the latest fiscal report brochure for shareholders. If you run the business, your concern is having the right people in place to make it work, then you in turn help to build that company up and spread it's coverage. Any business owner that thinks he can do it all himself is either a shitty boss, or/and a boss who is going to die at an early age :) There's nothing that's more assinine than a company owner that walks around saying he can do anyone's job if he wanted to... drives me up the wall because it's usually not true even slightly. You can't know everything... That's why you have employees.

Dan

#19 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 11:37 AM

There's nothing that's more assinine than a company owner that walks around saying he can do anyone's job if he wanted to... drives me up the wall because it's usually not true even slightly. You can't know everything... That's why you have employees.

Too true

#20 CoryMathews

CoryMathews

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 02:33 PM

ok u took that way to extreme dan. what i ment was that a business owner should be ABLE to do any job his employees can do. Not do them all. theres no point in employees if the owner does everything. im saying that he should be able to. then if this case should arrise the can take over temporily till he can get a new employee to take the job. An entire company shouldnt stop because 1 employee quit. thats what im saying. It shows really bad management when something such as this goes on.

and i know many business owners who are like this. thus why they are all so successful. Its called years of experience and working in every position before running your own company.

Edited by CoryMathews, 15 August 2006 - 02:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users