318 replies to this topic

#301 Fsquad

Fsquad

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 06:28 AM

I am trying to move two .org domains, but to be able to transfer them i need AUTH. Codes.
I contacted ENOM two weeks ago, but haven't got any reply from them so far. Any idea's?

Edited by Fsquad, 24 October 2006 - 06:29 AM.

#302 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 07:52 AM

I am trying to move two .org domains, but to be able to transfer them i need AUTH. Codes.
I contacted ENOM two weeks ago, but haven't got any reply from them so far. Any idea's?

Did you read my tutorial on how to do it posted a few posts back? Enom doesn't send those to you, your new registrar does.

Dan

#303 Fsquad

Fsquad

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 10:37 AM

I have and no its apparently diffrent for .org domains.

For .ORG domains you need an additional Auth Code and thats not the Transaction ID and a Security Code you get when transfering a .com or .net domain.

What is an "authorization code" for a domain, and why would I need one?

If you are transferring a .biz, .info or .org extension, you will be asked (by any registrar) to provide an authorization code. This is simply because the registries for those specific domain extensions require this as a means to provide an extra layer of protection against unauthorized transfers.

Only your current registrar/domain name provider can provide you with the authorization code associated with your domain name.

You should contact your current registrar/domain name provider to get the authorization code for each domain name you would like to transfer to your new registrar.

Each domain name has its own individual authorization code, which are alphanumeric strings, between 6 and 16 characters.

Edited by Fsquad, 24 October 2006 - 10:53 AM.

#304 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 10:39 AM

Fsquad are they locked domains as well?

#305 Fsquad

Fsquad

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 10:40 AM

nope, i unlocked them.

#306 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 11:04 AM

I'll be watching this thread, since within the next couple of months ill be changing host and considering what i have heard from Dan and others about serverseed i had no reason not to go with them (especially with the p2l discount :P )

I find it hard to believe that this wasn't a one off due to the problem described by Dan and what little contact i have had with Tysoft (or Ty :P ) and from posts i have read he seemed to be alright to me...

None the less, open mind and all that, ill watch the outcome :P

Matt, i bet you're eating your words now right? lol

Well he kept an open mind about it, so I don't think he's got a whole lot to swallow. Now had he been completely solid on his viewpoint, then we'd all be handing him glasses of water to help him wash down his Nikes :P

Dan

#307 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 11:09 AM

I have and no its apparently diffrent for .org domains.

For .ORG domains you need an additional Auth Code and thats not the Transaction ID and a Security Code you get when transfering a .com or .net domain.

What is an "authorization code" for a domain, and why would I need one?

If you are transferring a .biz, .info or .org extension, you will be asked (by any registrar) to provide an authorization code. This is simply because the registries for those specific domain extensions require this as a means to provide an extra layer of protection against unauthorized transfers.

Only your current registrar/domain name provider can provide you with the authorization code associated with your domain name.

You should contact your current registrar/domain name provider to get the authorization code for each domain name you would like to transfer to your new registrar.

Each domain name has its own individual authorization code, which are alphanumeric strings, between 6 and 16 characters.

What company you going through to do the transfer?

Dan

#308 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 01:27 PM

I'll be watching this thread, since within the next couple of months ill be changing host and considering what i have heard from Dan and others about serverseed i had no reason not to go with them (especially with the p2l discount ;) )

I find it hard to believe that this wasn't a one off due to the problem described by Dan and what little contact i have had with Tysoft (or Ty :) ) and from posts i have read he seemed to be alright to me...

None the less, open mind and all that, ill watch the outcome :)

Matt, i bet you're eating your words now right? lol

Well he kept an open mind about it, so I don't think he's got a whole lot to swallow. Now had he been completely solid on his viewpoint, then we'd all be handing him glasses of water to help him wash down his Nikes ;)

Dan

Tushay ;)

:P

Touché ;)

Dan

#309 Fsquad

Fsquad

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 02:36 PM

What company you going through to do the transfer?

Dan

Godaddy like you adviced ;)

#310 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 02:45 PM

Fsquad

Maybe I'm reading your replies wrong but if you were able to unlock the domains they must be registered in your name yes? why not keep them at Enom and just change the nameservers to point to your new host.

Going to run a few quick searches for you on what this authorization code GoDaddy is asking for.

#311 Fsquad

Fsquad

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 02:57 PM

Yeah they are registered in my name. If i had know before the .org domains would give me troubles i would have opened an account with Enom. It would probably have been a wiser choice but my other domains are already transfered to godaddy and i really don't feel for having again an extra account with an other registrar, i already have to many.

Thanks for looking in to this.

Edited by Fsquad, 24 October 2006 - 02:59 PM.

#312 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 03:22 PM

;) not finding anything of help except enom will need to give that to you, email them again and ask for the authorization code. In your account does it show you transfer pending or anything like that?

#313 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 04:39 PM

What does it show in your godaddy interface under accounts pending?

Dan

#314 Fsquad

Fsquad

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:07 AM

The following domains require an authorization code: *.ORG

I already transfered two domains (.net, .com) succefully. But the .org's ask for a auth code.

#315 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:46 AM

The following domains require an authorization code: *.ORG

I already transfered two domains (.net, .com) succefully. But the .org's ask for a auth code.

Wow ok... umm are all the listed contacts under the domain whois yours? Maybe contact GoDaddy for some assistance? You can also try sending an email to enom using the email I used, which seems to get a quick response... like, same day kinda thing. [email protected]

Let me know!
Dan

#316 Fsquad

Fsquad

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 12:54 PM

It's all mine. It seems a standard procedure for GoDaddy, i think i'll try contacting Enom on the address you advice.

Thanks for the help so far. :-)

#317 Fsquad

Fsquad

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 09:26 AM

Today i got my authorization code's mailed to me from Enom, so it should be all up and running with godaddy by tomorrow i think. Thx for the help guys. :)

Any news on Tyler?

Edited by Fsquad, 01 November 2006 - 09:28 AM.

#318 Clandestine

Clandestine

* Forum Police *

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 09:31 AM

Im trying to transfer my domain from Deru to Godaddy, but my current domain host Deru is saying that they dont have my Authorization code. Ive called them three times and they say they dont have one. And the people at Godaddy says that EVERY domain has one by defualt. So yea what should I do?

Every time I called Deru it was the same person I talked to before. So maybe if I get someone else that has more knowledge.

-Devyn

#319 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:31 AM

Im trying to transfer my domain from Deru to Godaddy, but my current domain host Deru is saying that they dont have my Authorization code. Ive called them three times and they say they dont have one. And the people at Godaddy says that EVERY domain has one by defualt. So yea what should I do?

Every time I called Deru it was the same person I talked to before. So maybe if I get someone else that has more knowledge.

-Devyn

You wrote in another topic your domain was registered with TUCOWS so you have to ask them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users