and so...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _*sEVEn_*

_*sEVEn_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2004 - 07:35 AM

i have to design a menu for an upscale restaurant ;)

I have dark bergundy vinyl, black zippers with a brushed sort of dirty metal look, black satin, clips of the same brushed metal look (sorts like 1/2" tiny clothes pins to keep the paper in place inside), eyelets and black trim for around the satin.

I am attaching the two pieces of the menu together via zipper, because we were told it has to come apart, because upscale restaurants don't have lamenated menus, they will remake the menu in short notice and stick the paper in this little book I am creating.

I need a name for the restaurant.

I was thinking something "zipperish"... what do ya think? Too cliche?

We're not supposed to use anything french like "Chez Pierre" or whatever.. =]

Are zippers too tacky for the upscale thing? Or ya think I can make it sorta 'fashionable' and upscale?

=] whatcha think for name and materials?

#2 _*Rich_*

_*Rich_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2004 - 10:44 AM

as for name, you're alllll on your own ;)

as for the menu, zipper seems like a good idea and a bad. it's removable, but what if something gets stuck there or what if it breaks? zippers (at least to me) are very fragile and breaks whenever i need them. infact, the pants im wearing now has a broken zipper and my fly's hanging out. mmmmmm wind...

what about those (oh god i cant think of that name) things that sticks. velcro!

#3 _*sEVEn_*

_*sEVEn_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2004 - 03:59 PM

i dont think velcro would be considered upscale... hmmz

the zippers i have are like... large, and solid metal, they wouldn't break :)

but that's a good thought!

It would be on the binding so one could zip the menu apart! I don't think it would catch anything, unless the person was trying to do strange things to the menu ;D hehe

#4 _*Rich_*

_*Rich_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2004 - 11:12 PM

i dunno, people do a lot of weird things...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users