#1 legendaryfox

legendaryfox

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 01:53 PM

Hey guys,

I started using C4D on and off for my abstract renders, and I'm in the process of rendering a really abstract model with radiosity. I'm on a pretty crappy laptop [~1.5gHz, 1 gig RAM], so it goes pretty slowly for me. I want to do other things [ie play a game], but I don't want to kill the render - it's been going for 17 hours and is almost done [i'm doing a 6000x4000 render...so shoot me.] I googled around, and found that apparently there's a module or something that allows me to pause a render in between? Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm basically looking for something that lets me 'pause' my render process, close out C4D, and the next time i open up i can 'continue' from around where it left off.

Any help would be VERY appreciated, i'll even dedicate this next piece of art to you :biggrin:

Thanks in advance!

#2 caboose

caboose

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 10:02 AM

i dont know about pausing and closing the program, that sound impossible in so many ways. But in max you can pause a rener (but not close the program) But your best change is to look for it on google try

C4D render plugin or something

#3 lostseed

lostseed

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:Illustrator, Photoshop, PHP, CSS, XHTML

Posted 07 October 2006 - 11:49 AM

Look into network rendering, i think.

Also good luck rendering that huge image while playing a game, are ya crazy? haha. You could pull it off with SLI video and a dual core processor haha.

Actually I have no idea how youd do this, I never had an image that big.

#4 legendaryfox

legendaryfox

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 01:25 PM

Thanks guys. Lostseed, I remember when looking into network rendering that it said something about splitting the image up into different parts...from waht I understood from the manual, does that mean each computer renders only a given section of the image? If that's so, is it possible to do it on only one computer? [ie have this little engine that could render only a piece of the image at a time]

#5 legendaryfox

legendaryfox

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:28 PM

*shameless bump*?

#6 NGPixel

NGPixel

Senior Programmer

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Interests:Web Design : Coding : Animation

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:06 AM

No you cannot pause a render directly in C4D. The process of splitting the render into multiple parts is called "Render Threads" which can be found in the Preferences of C4D (not the Render Settings). Unless you have Dual Core or HT Processor, this is totally useless to set it above 1.

#7 legendaryfox

legendaryfox

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:11 PM

Thanks for clearing that up :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users