• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic

#41 NothingMan

NothingMan

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Im a logo designer, my expertise is branding. I do templates too, but I suck at coding :). I do little photography as well...:)<br />Thats all

Posted 07 November 2006 - 05:11 PM

Sure, but I allready made another version ;)

Posted Image

#42 NothingMan

NothingMan

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Im a logo designer, my expertise is branding. I do templates too, but I suck at coding :). I do little photography as well...:)<br />Thats all

Posted 07 November 2006 - 05:15 PM

ok, this is what i do in this night. :laugh:
NothingMan one question, what program do u use?

Posted Image

I use photoshop CS2, just like everbody else here does I suppose :laugh: ;)

#43 Ben

Ben

P2L Jedi Master

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:56 PM

I use photoshop CS2, just like everbody else here does I suppose ^_^ <3

FYI I use Flash :D

#44 AzRa4Design

AzRa4Design

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:...design, girls and me!

Posted 08 November 2006 - 04:34 AM

I torture myself in ilustrator CS2 :P
I will try photoshop. thank man

#45 NothingMan

NothingMan

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 05:17 AM

I torture myself in ilustrator CS2 :P
I will try photoshop. thank man

Geez :), I use illustrator for 3D shapes, but I'm pretty good with vectors in PS, illustrator is getting on my nerves :).

@darkstone:
Check this web out, completely flash made:

www.tokyoplastic.com

New ideas:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by NothingMan, 09 November 2006 - 02:37 PM.

#46 Mountainmedic

Mountainmedic

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 03:31 PM

Wow - Strong work from everybody. My instructors have been giving me some feedback. I will share it with everyone later tonight.

Please keep the ideas coming. Remember, after a logo and patch is chosen there will be additional design work if the winning artist is interested.

#47 NothingMan

NothingMan

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 05:05 PM

Wow - Strong work from everybody. My instructors have been giving me some feedback. I will share it with everyone later tonight.

Please keep the ideas coming. Remember, after a logo and patch is chosen there will be additional design work if the winning artist is interested.

Well, As I see it, the rest of the work is coming from me :blink:.
Im always interested in more work, actually, this is the only work that I love to do :)
If I win that is...:(

Yes, some feedback would be very useful, I mean Im full of ideas, I just need to direct them somewhere.

Edited by NothingMan, 09 November 2006 - 05:13 PM.

#48 AdventureBear

AdventureBear

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 11:34 PM

Well, As I see it, the rest of the work is coming from me :D.
Im always interested in more work, actually, this is the only work that I love to do ;)
If I win that is...:)

Yes, some feedback would be very useful, I mean Im full of ideas, I just need to direct them somewhere.

Vern & NM,

I am fairly certain that the "red cross" in any representation, i.e., a red cross is trademarked by the red cross. I have afriend who used a red cross in his personal blog (not even a business venture), and they emailed him a note telling him to stop using it. Other versions of a cross, like the inverted one, that is, the graphics inside of a "knockout" cross, are probably OK. Just an FYI, you'd better look into it before deciding on a final logo that has that included.

Hey Nothing Man, what about me???

-S

#49 Mountainmedic

Mountainmedic

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 02:13 AM

Well, As I see it, the rest of the work is coming from me :D.
Im always interested in more work, actually, this is the only work that I love to do ;)
If I win that is...:)

Vern & NM,

I am fairly certain that the "red cross" in any representation, i.e., a red cross is trademarked by the red cross. I have afriend who used a red cross in his personal blog (not even a business venture), and they emailed him a note telling him to stop using it. Other versions of a cross, like the inverted one, that is, the graphics inside of a "knockout" cross, are probably OK. Just an FYI, you'd better look into it before deciding on a final logo that has that included.

-S

Hey Suzanne,

Using the 'red cross' that the organization uses is off limits, however, they do not have domain over much else. In the past I was a training site for the Red Cross and am up to date with the do's and don'ts of what we can do. As a current American Heart Association and American Safety and Health Institute training site and faculty member I have permission to use certain insignias. I will make sure that the final design of what is chosen is legal. Gotta keep the paper pushers happy! Thanks for watching out for me! Remember, I need someone to look after me at the April class too.

Vern

#50 NothingMan

NothingMan

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 05:50 AM

Vern & NM,

-S

Hmmm, youre probably right, but I dont see any other thing representing medicine as red cross, I mean every hospital in the world uses it. I thought it was ok if the company who practises any form of medicine uses it.
Anyway, I can always come up with something different :D

As for your logo, Im having few problems with getting the end result, well I dont like the end result yet. But today is a new day, Ill see and submit some work. I allready made the logo on black background, i just forgot to send it. Sorry.

Edited by NothingMan, 10 November 2006 - 06:41 AM.

#51 Matheus

Matheus

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 05:47 PM

I'm using Illustrator here, and recommend to everybody to use it, logotypes should be in vector format so it can be in the size of a web icon or a large image for print.

I'll come up with more concepts later with a focus on the typography

#52 PixelHiveDesign

PixelHiveDesign

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:14 PM

Here's my entry. Cutting it close to the deadline but tonight was first night I felt I had the time. It's all vector based so it can be scaled to any size and of course the watermark & diagnal lines come off.

The pick head is the 'clever' part of the idea being both the pick and the snow of the larger mountain. Thought of it because it is a eye trick a hiker may do before conquering the mountain. Hold up the pick and make the mountain look small. The rest of the design should hit the wilderness theme and then of course the med emblem. If that is a copyright problem, we can toss a little tent scene in but it needs that medical feel.

As far as what category:
I tried to make it for both the patch and the logo.
I would not typically say this is a Logo but looking at other wilderness medicine sites it seems it fits right in.
And consistancy is always a big plus in branding.

Well, hope you like it,
Max (PHD)

Posted Image

#53 AdventureBear

AdventureBear

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 03:17 AM

The pick head is the 'clever' part of the idea being both the pick and the snow of the larger mountain. Thought of it because it is a eye trick a hiker may do before conquering the mountain. Hold up the pick and make the mountain look small.
Posted Image

Max, that's a great ice axe, where'd you find it? It looks a lot like mine. As far as holding the pick up to make the mountain look small...I'll try that next time! I like that idea ^_^

#54 NothingMan

NothingMan

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 12:12 PM

Its nice as a patch, but its to crowded for a logo. To much information.

Anyways, here's my latest work...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Staright to the point, expresess wilderness well, looks good in any solid color, including black.

#55 PixelHiveDesign

PixelHiveDesign

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 02:36 PM

Max, that's a great ice axe, where'd you find it? It looks a lot like mine. As far as holding the pick up to make the mountain look small...I'll try that next time! I like that idea :)

Found it on google images. Figured it may draw more attention since its not the typical ancient pick. Who uses those old ones today anyway?

#56 AdventureBear

AdventureBear

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 04:29 PM

Found it on google images. Figured it may draw more attention since its not the typical ancient pick. Who uses those old ones today anyway?

Actually, different styles of ice axes & different pick heads are used for different activities. The style in your logo looks almost exactly like mine, havnig a brain fart on the make/model, but they are used for climging vertical ice faces, very technical stuff.

The "ancient pick" that you describe is still used in a similar style, just updated materials. Those typicall have a straight handle for plunging deep into the snow for stability and anchoring, as opposed to havinga handle that makes a nifty hand grip for hanging off of when the axe is in the ice above you. Likewise the actual pick style is determined by whether you are on snow/ice and the qualities of said substance.

Vern, are you going to add any additional feedback on what you like & don't like? These guys are bursting with creativity...they just need some direction!

-Suzanne

#57 bĘko

bĘko

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 02:56 PM

NM, all your logos are fantastic, good job :)

I hope you find what you're looking for MountainMedic

#58 -SC-

-SC-

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:37 PM

@ NothingMan..

frajeru svaka cast...
radovi su ti do jaja... bit ce tesko odabrat koji je najbolji:D

..skidam kapu

#59 NothingMan

NothingMan

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 05:00 PM

@ NothingMan..

frajeru svaka cast...
radovi su ti do jaja... bit ce tesko odabrat koji je najbolji:D

..skidam kapu

Hvala :), trudim se :).

Thanks guys :)

#60 Matheus

Matheus

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 08:11 PM

one
Posted Image

two
Posted Image

some logos are really good, but I don't know if they keep the quality if resized to small reolutions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users