#1 wm.AngelEyes

wm.AngelEyes

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 05:25 AM

Now i have read some Topic's
And Many topics people are useinge scenes..
But Why use scenes what the advantage of useing scenes when you
can load in level's ??..

Angel Eyes

#2 Ben

Ben

P2L Jedi Master

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 06:38 AM

That is exactly what I always think. To be honest I really dont see any benefit for them except that you can reset your timeline. Otherwise they just increase your filesize, cause linkage problems, and they're just overall a nuisance.

#3 wm.AngelEyes

wm.AngelEyes

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 07:20 AM

That is exactly what I always think. To be honest I really dont see any benefit for them except that you can reset your timeline. Otherwise they just increase your filesize, cause linkage problems, and they're just overall a nuisance.

! Exactly i have never used scenes, alltough i know how to use them.. i haven't found any benefits to then yet.. But if any of you "scene useres" can explain where they are better to use.. PLZ tell me

#4 Tromac

Tromac

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 01:30 AM

I use scenes to help keep things a bit more neat and less confusing, as d4rkst0n3 said it can "reset" your timeline. It's just a little easier to maintain in my opinion. (I'm a neat freak)

I'm not a big user of scenes, in that I don't create millions of them. I usually have one for the intro and one for the main section, or any other major section that I need.

I don't find them a nuisance at all, because I usually only refer to the name of a frame (Labeling frames is much more convenient than frame numbers later on), which makes no difference whether it's in the same scene or not.

But I suppose it really depends on how each individual had adapted to using Flash as to whether scenes are useful or a nuisance.

#5 UnderAttak

UnderAttak

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 03:32 AM

I use scenes as well. Some info on why from a different thread http://www.pixel2lif...showtopic=28776

Just as Tromac said, it's easier for me when the timeline is reset. It actually isn't technically reset, but if you create one scene as your universal template with a small animation and 10 frames or so with the rest of your content, you can then copy and paste scenes and change content however you like within each scene. In my fundamentals of authoring class in school, it was one of the main focuses of organization that was taught.

I have never seen any abnormal or increased file sizes, as long as the linked image files and media files all come from the same source in the library. There has been one or two times where linking between scenes became corrupted and mixed up after publishing, but that happened 1 in 20 projects. As to why, I have no idea. Maybe a bug.

#6 wm.AngelEyes

wm.AngelEyes

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 08:27 AM

Thanks 4 Replying All,

Well i think it depends as tromac says, on what u find most manageabel when your useing flash..
I resonly went to a adobe confrence with flash and dreamweaver and this guy ( greg something )
acculay sayd that in a few versions of flash scenes will be gone in flash..
So you gotta start useing Mc. and loading in levels guys ;)..

Thanks 4 Replying

Angel eyes

#7 funkysoul

funkysoul

The Funky Stuff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts
  • Interests:Music: HIM, HIM, HIM, Cafe del Mar, Linkin Park, Fort Minor, Coldplay, Eric Jordan<br />Sports: Snowboarding, KiteSurfing, Extreme Sports<br />Computer: Flash, After Effects, Actionscript

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:26 AM

as mentioned on another topic.. scenes may be useful for timeline based animators though, I think it makes more sense to use single mc's.

#8 Ben

Ben

P2L Jedi Master

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 06:33 PM

http://www.pixel2lif...mp;#entry185358

:)

#9 UnderAttak

UnderAttak

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:23 AM

I am experienced with Mcs and levels as well. I just happen to use scenes a lot. They plan on removing the scenes feature in a future version of Flash? I find that to be doubtful as to there is no reason to get rid of it really.

#10 wm.AngelEyes

wm.AngelEyes

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 02:42 AM

http://www.pixel2lif...mp;#entry185358

:o

Lol, excatly what i mean :D

I am experienced with Mcs and levels as well. I just happen to use scenes a lot. They plan on removing the scenes feature in a future version of Flash? I find that to be doubtful as to there is no reason to get rid of it really.

Year I wrote that longer up, that theyr removeing scenes, so you have to learn how to use mc's insted them scene users !

#11 Ben

Ben

P2L Jedi Master

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 02:46 AM

Really? I didn't know they were taking the scenes away. Can i see an article?

#12 UnderAttak

UnderAttak

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:00 AM

I'd like to see it too please :)

#13 wm.AngelEyes

wm.AngelEyes

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:49 AM

Hmm, i haven't read it anywere, but i will be able so find a article some place on the web 4 shure..

But i went to a adobe confrence and this guy ( leader of adobe something ) greag something, said
that in a few versions of flash they'r removeing scene's..

Will poste the article if i can find it

#14 UnderAttak

UnderAttak

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 04:08 AM

Why they would remove scenes in only a few versions of Flash and leave in other versions is a complete mystery to me. It doesn't sound like something they would do. Are you talking about Flash Lite? I could see why something like that wouldn't have scene capability. But then again, why would you need to deal with scenes when it comes to streaming things?

#15 wm.AngelEyes

wm.AngelEyes

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 04:13 AM

Why they would remove scenes in only a few versions of Flash and leave in other versions is a complete mystery to me. It doesn't sound like something they would do. Are you talking about Flash Lite? I could see why something like that wouldn't have scene capability. But then again, why would you need to deal with scenes when it comes to streaming things?

Sorry it's my english there suck ^^..
In a couple of versions, it's being removed.. Like GoLive is being replaced by dreamweaver, they'r only makeing 1 more version of GoLive..
So Scenes Will Still Be there in the upcomeing version of flash but in flash 10 it might be gone

#16 Ben

Ben

P2L Jedi Master

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 04:32 AM

I think this would cause problems with .fla's made in older versions with scenes, and then opened in the version without scenes. It probably wont affect me, but how would this work?

#17 wm.AngelEyes

wm.AngelEyes

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 05:25 AM

Well i think the reson that they'r waiting to do it is excatly what your saying that some previous older websites made in flash have scenes.. and they are waiting so that people can update there websites and couse the amount of people makeing real websites in flash are very small

#18 UnderAttak

UnderAttak

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:48 PM

I still don't see any advantage to removing scenes, only a big disadvantage that FLA files will become incompatible if they use scenes. They would have to do the same thing to the scripting of the Flash Player, making some SWF files unplayable as well. Just as there is still a huge percentage of people out there using IE rather than Firefox, there are also a big number of people out there who work with scenes other than just movie clips. It all just depends on what you feel comfortable with.

#19 wm.AngelEyes

wm.AngelEyes

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:56 PM

Shure that's Right, But still the use of scenes is so low these day's that they are getting people away from it and that is why it will be in the next versions of flash but it will pass out !

#20 UnderAttak

UnderAttak

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 01:55 PM

You'd be surprised how many people I know at school, online, and at work use scenes. Again, it all just really depends on what you're comfortable with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users