8 replies to this topic

#1 Disturbed

Disturbed

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 02:53 AM

We're going to learn how to make some advanced tech borders around our signatures. I would like to say there's many tutorials like this one, and I didn't rip this from anyone. I've made it completely myself.

We start off with opening a new document:

Posted Image

Now that we've made our new image, we can start making our borders.

Step 1
Fill your background layer with black, press 'D' on your keyboard to reset the colors to it's original default ones. Name this layer top border. Now grab your polygonal lasso tool and start making a selection like the one below:

Posted Image

Step 2

Now with the selection still active press delete on your keyboard so you'll end up having a black border:

Posted Image

Step 3

We're going to add a nice style to our border. Find a style you like, make one yourself or get one from our downloads section:

Posted Image

Use a dark grey style or a light grey, it doesn't really matter. If you like it better, you can use some color aswell.

Step 4

Now comes the tricky part. If you've never done this before, that is. Get your lasso tools and your marquee tools and use the fixed size to be more accurate. Start deleting some stuff in your signature border to get a 'tech-ish' look to it. You should end up having something similar to mine:

Posted Image

Just play around untill you get something you like. It's not hard, you just have to find a good way to do it.

Step 5

We're going to add another border to our signature. Make a new layer below your top border layer and name it bottom border. Make another selection again using the polygonal lasso tool:

Posted Image

Once again press the delete tool and add a nice style to it, with some color this time.

Step 6
To this border we're going to play around with the marquee tools and lasso's again. You should have something like below:

Posted Image

Step 7
We're going to look at our downloads section, to find a cool background we can use that fits our signature. If you found one you liked, paste it just below the bottom layer. Make a new layer above the background layer and make sure the foreground color is set to white. Press 'D' and then 'X' to make sure.
Now, get some nice tech brushes and start adding them into your signature. Once you're done, lower the opacity and you should end up having something like mine:

Posted Image

Step 8
Adding some tech text. Get a good tech font you like, for this tut I used Borg9. Someone told me this was a good font to use ;)
Once you've typed your text, add a cool style to it. I've used the style from the top border:

Posted Image

That's all there is to it! You could add an image to it, add some more text, add animations...

If you have any questions or comments about this tutorial please post them below. And don't forget to register :lol:

©Copyright Disturbed

#2 hard5tyle

hard5tyle

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 04:18 PM

not do good tu for them, who r starting PSing...
u know...add some shizz about border blending options and where can et brushes
:lol:
GJ imo.

#3 Soldja

Soldja

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 11:33 AM

were can i download some tech brushes and were can i get them and how to use them
im kinda new to the tech thing and since its been a long time me doing Adobe Photoshop after a while i forgotten quite a few tips. :o
anyone help me out :hi:

#4 Disturbed

Disturbed

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 12:29 PM

1 Go to http://www.d-designs.rocks.it

2 There's a section called Downloads

3 Download the tech brushes

4 Open photoshop

5 Follow the example below:

http://img.photobuck...984/brushes.gif

Then load the brushes you've just downloaded.

GL!

#5 Soldja

Soldja

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 07:10 AM

4 Open photoshop

GL!

thanx bro ^_^

#6 Disturbed

Disturbed

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 04:53 PM

4 Open photoshop

GL!

thanx bro :)

No probz, good luck with it

#7 jburton

jburton

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 08:13 AM

now as a rule for progress we all agree that criticism is good yes/??

i really thought that the tutorial was good, except next time clarify the design process in more detail, seemed like you wrote it in a rush.... now no offence there as ive taken worse than this from folks but i always thought it helped me.......

apart from that you produced a really sexy sig there bud , keep em comin or even revise the one you wrote :angry:

nice one bud

#8 Soldja

Soldja

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 09:32 AM

now as a rule for progress we all agree that criticism is good yes/??

i really thought that the tutorial was good, except next time clarify the design process in more detail, seemed like you wrote it in a rush.... now no offence there as ive taken worse than this from folks but i always thought it helped me.......

apart from that you produced a really sexy sig there bud , keep em comin or even revise the one you wrote :angry: 

nice one bud

He He
i found it very clear and helpful
wouldve really loved to know how exactly to do those holes and stuff :D

#9 Logan

Logan

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Fill out later

Posted 18 February 2005 - 10:59 PM

Very good border, and nice abstract/tech background you made also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users