6 replies to this topic

#1 Troglo

Troglo

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 12:18 PM

The Mighty Troglodytes mobile games studio is running a pixel artist contest. To enter the contest each candidate must create the following:

- One pixel design of the character in Isometric 3D. 32 x 32 pixels. 16 colours max.

- One walk animation of this character in 6 frames.

- One background composed of 6 tiles (each tile being 16 x 16 in size.) inspired by the Adventure Boy game background. This background must contain at least one palm tree and one stone. The background must loop.

- Draw the character in 2D and in your background.

- One drawing (pen & paper) of this character in an action pose (see examples. No copies of any of the sample poses.).

Drawings must be jpg files (100% less than 100kb) and all other files png.

You must be older than 18 to apply to the contest.

The studio will select the 10 best artists the three winners will be chosen from these. They will win a mobile phone (NOKIA N73 or LG Chocolate or Motorola Razar) and the studios creations (5 games: Lucky Luke Outlaws, Crazy Dog, Smash the Mole, Gob'n'Frog and Adventure Boy). The contest is also aimed at discovering new talent and potential collaboration.

All the elements must be uploaded on:

http://www.mighty-troglodytes.com/tmt_website/pages/contest.php before the 15/01/2007 at noon (GMT+1).

You can only win if you apply ! :rolleyes:

#2 Ben

Ben

P2L Jedi Master

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 08:39 PM

Too bad I'm not 18 or I would enter this contest :( Well, hope you get a lot of good entries.

Ben.

#3 Troglo

Troglo

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 05:06 AM

Thank you d4rkst0n3, I'm really sorry for you but it's only for legal reasons (because of the price). :P

Edit : So after a quick meeting with our legal Dept. we have something that looks like a solution...

You can participate anyway, giving your true age, and if you've done a good job, you'll receive another price (like a bundle of all our games for your cell phone...).

We are always pleased to discover new talented people, even when they're young :)

Edited by Troglo, 14 December 2006 - 05:14 AM.

#4 Al3x

Al3x

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 08:56 AM

The age is rather silly because I'm sure most under 18's own a phone. I would enter but unfortunately I'm 17 doh and I'm no good at animations. It'll be interesting to see some of the entries though.

#5 albinoAZN

albinoAZN

Albinos Are Extinct!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 12:13 PM

One background composed of 6 tiles (each tile being 16 x 16 in size.)

If each tile is 16x16, shouldn't there only be four tiles? 2 rows and 2 columns?

Edited by Albino4zn, 22 December 2006 - 12:13 PM.

#6 Troglo

Troglo

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:20 AM

The age is rather silly because I'm sure most under 18's own a phone. I would enter but unfortunately I'm 17 doh and I'm no good at animations. It'll be interesting to see some of the entries though.

Oh, like I told it before, it's only for legal reason in some countries, when you allow appliant to win a price, they should be 18+ :D

I know...

#7 Ben

Ben

P2L Jedi Master

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 07:31 PM

I did attempt this comp, but it turns out I'm not so good at animations.. :)

Ben.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users