9 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel D

Daniel D

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:47 PM

Well I've searched on Google, I've searched on these forums and on the tutorial pages, but nowhere can I find a tutorial on how to code an MMORPG Emulator. I assume it would be done using Delphi but I have no clue as I've never tried such a task.

If anyone knows links to any tutorials on how to get started in programming an MMORPG Emulator I'd be very happy!

Thanks,
Daniel D

#2 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:football, Manchester Utd., coding, web developement, business, girls and warcraft.

Posted 29 December 2006 - 04:46 PM

I'm work and program for my teams World of Warcraft Emulator. I can't really be bothered to write any tutorials but you'll need to know most of these programming languages:
Delphi, C++, Python, .net and MySQL (To store Character information and item codes :bringevil:)

#3 Dance

Dance

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 05:34 PM

Excuse my newbieness but, whats a mmorpg emulator for? And why would you need one?

#4 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:football, Manchester Utd., coding, web developement, business, girls and warcraft.

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:34 AM

Well some games are extremely expensive to play (World of Warcraft) so a group of coders goes out and creates a system to play world of warcraft on their own 'server'. It's complicated but there's all sorts of different emulators. For example you can have a GBA Emulator on your Xbox to play Gameboy Advance games on it and stuff.

#5 Dance

Dance

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 10:30 AM

Yeah yeah i know what a emulator does, just wondered why you would need one to handle somthing thats set up on a PC/server from the start.

#6 Scythar

Scythar

Honored X Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 03:09 PM

Because most mass multyplayer games cost monney on monthly bases AND you cant have your private game like us (much better off course :) ) Unreal Tournament players :) !

#7 Daniel D

Daniel D

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 03:43 AM

I'm pretty fluent in coding, I just don't know where to start to set things off.

I could always download another emulator and check out how it works, but I'd prefer just a link to a site to point me in the right direction.

#8 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 06:18 PM

Well, no one really makes tutorials for them as they are hard to make. I suggest you download the source of another game emulator or whatever emulator type you want and look through the files.

#9 someguy

someguy

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 06:52 PM

Try...this

There were some tutorials in one of the forums. Forget which.

#10 Mark

Mark

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:02 AM

I would suggest taking a look around http://www.gamedev.net - not sure if it will answer your questions, but if there ever were a place, it'd be there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users