8 replies to this topic

#1 opticalman

opticalman

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:01 PM

I'm opening up my own website in the near future. I will be selling specialty optics. I am in need of some way to actually get the money. I want to look professional, so I need a shopping cart system or something I can put into the site that looks good and where people can checkout right there. I know there are a couple of services like paypal, etc. Any ideas?

#2 Archangel

Archangel

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Interests:Reading (mainly fantasy books), Gaming (Xbox 360, Wii & PS3), Sports, Outdoor Recreation, Watching/Collecting Movies

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:30 PM

I'm opening up my own website in the near future. I will be selling specialty optics. I am in need of some way to actually get the money. I want to look professional, so I need a shopping cart system or something I can put into the site that looks good and where people can checkout right there. I know there are a couple of services like paypal, etc. Any ideas?

E-Commerce isn't something I haven't really played with yet. I have used paypal and that is very easy to incorporate, and I anyone would be fine using it (especially considering that if you set up your paypal account as a business you can accept credit card payments). The only downside really to paypal would be the fee they charge you.

I also know that a lot of hosting companies offer E-Commerce scripts that you can install and use, but alas, I haven't messed with any of them.

#3 shandaman

shandaman

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 09:59 AM

You could use Cube Cart, pm me if you want a qoute on a custom design!

#4 MyFlash13

MyFlash13

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:05 AM

Paypal is very easy to use. The only problem is thier $%#@@$$ fees!

#5 shandaman

shandaman

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:17 PM

Paypal is not as bad as 2 checkout :)

#6 raidsilver

raidsilver

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 05:39 PM

2Checkout has some of the highest fees. PayPal is alright for medium price tags (like less than $1000.) They do special things for people selling multi-thousand dollar products and stuff of the sort. A lot of GOOD e-commerce scripts let you incorporate PayPal into it so the payment is processed faster and more efficiently using PayPal's IPN and APIs.

#7 genozider

genozider

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 01:33 AM

Cube Cart is definitely trustable but it will cost you some money. You can try Agora Cart too but i seriously recommend Cube Cart with Paypal.

#8 c0de_1

c0de_1

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, PHP

Posted 02 April 2007 - 06:16 PM

You have plenty of Options:

:: Paypal (Free, fast, doesnt integrate 100% perfectly without prior knowledge in design/php)

:: Cubecart (Alright, doesnt integrate well )

:: OSCommerce (Free, doesnt integrate well without prior knowledge)

:: 2Checkout (Its okay )

End result, USE Paypal.

Good luck!

#9 PimpMyCom

PimpMyCom

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:29 AM

PayPal has a great safe system, it works well and your customers will trust it, the only thing is that they have high fees for transactions so you lose more money per transaction.

Edited by PimpMyCom, 09 August 2007 - 08:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users