60 replies to this topic

#1 jdbadger

jdbadger

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:24 AM

Hello All - Our team is looking for a Logo for our jerseys. Thus we are looking for a one color logo. The backs of the shirts will have the Logo and we are also looking for the front of the shirt to have a small offset logo on the left side. This logo could be the same as the back or a variation. It is a volleyball team and the name is ABEKAT ANARCHY - Abekat is danish for monkey. The logo on the back should contain the team name and it is this logo I am most interested in. I am not a designer and thus I will have to be educated on what format would work best for me to be able to download and make a screenprint..I believe jpeg would be fine but I could be way off.

The contest will run until February 2, 2007. If I find a winner here I will pay $40.00 either by paypal or money order. I have a few people working on the logo locally but the designs are a little too folk artsy for the team.

Thanks.

#2 NothingMan

NothingMan

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Im a logo designer, my expertise is branding. I do templates too, but I suck at coding :). I do little photography as well...:)<br />Thats all

Posted 28 January 2007 - 12:30 PM

The best format would be an illustrator EPS, since it can be resized without any quality loss. In case you want to print it in big sizes, which youll probably want to :closedeyes:

#3 jdbadger

jdbadger

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 06:32 PM

The best format would be an illustrator EPS, since it can be resized without any quality loss. In case you want to print it in big sizes, which youll probably want to :)

Thanks for the tip..I will put it to good use.

#4 AdventureBear

AdventureBear

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:25 PM

Hey guys, this contest is closing fast...where are all the awesome entries already? Cmon... a monkey smashing a volleyball... you can do it!!!

#5 Ben

Ben

P2L Jedi Master

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:55 PM

I'll see what I can do :)

#6 wm.AngelEyes

wm.AngelEyes

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:26 AM

nice,
me and bĘko will join..

btw.

er du dansk ??..

#7 bĘko

bĘko

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:45 AM

Jeps, jeps.. im in

#8 jdbadger

jdbadger

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:05 PM

I was just looking at some of the soccer logos in the photo albums and was very impressed. The challenge for the volleyball logo is making one which will have the same impact but only using one color.

This site has some very talented individuals.

nice,
me and bĘko will join..

btw.

er du dansk ??..

My father is from Denmark. I am hoping to visit for the first time this June.

#9 bĘko

bĘko

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:28 PM

I'm danish aswell.. Will make some logos now.. or sketches..

#10 bĘko

bĘko

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:58 PM

its pretty hard making a 1 color logo, if you want a monkey and all, but ill try

#11 bĘko

bĘko

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:16 PM

Alright, tried making som logos.. some in 1 color, some in 2 (i just wanted to try how it looked like)
these are just sketches.. ideas.. so if you like one of them ill make it better and more detailed (if possible with just one color.. not many vector-shadows on a monkey there :))
(all made in illustrator)

http://img233.images...vngivet2id5.png

;)

sorry for triplepost.

Edited by bĘko, 30 January 2007 - 02:17 PM.

#12 jdbadger

jdbadger

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 03:47 PM

Alright, tried making som logos.. some in 1 color, some in 2 (i just wanted to try how it looked like)
these are just sketches.. ideas.. so if you like one of them ill make it better and more detailed (if possible with just one color.. not many vector-shadows on a monkey there :) )

;)

sorry for triplepost.

Good start - but the monkey can be just a head or torso - or doesn't even have to include a monkey - Could be very minimalist with just outlines..looking for something somewhat agressive. Should have the name - I do like the font you used. The monkey can be hitting the volleyball or the volleyballcan be seperate or not even included (if there is not a volleyball I would like the word volleyball included with the name) I can post something I was thinking about tonight.

#13 bĘko

bĘko

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 03:52 PM

alright.. will make head and torso seperate.. i have an idea actually :)

#14 jdbadger

jdbadger

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 04:05 PM

these are just sketches.. ideas.. so if you like one of them ill make it better and more detailed (if possible with just one color.. not many vector-shadows on a monkey there :) )

;)

sorry for triplepost.

Good start - but the monkey can be just a head or torso - or doesn't even have to include a monkey - Could be very minimalist with just outlines..looking for something somewhat agressive. Should have the name - I do like the font you used. The monkey can be hitting the volleyball or the volleyballcan be seperate or not even included (if there is not a volleyball I would like the word volleyball included with the name) I can post something I was thinking about tonight.

I was just reviewing the soccer crests (they were in one of the albums on this site) again and they seem like a way to go...at least one option anyway. I could use a large size for the back of the shirts and a smaller one for the front.

#15 bĘko

bĘko

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 04:32 PM

show me cause i have no idea what you mean..

#16 bĘko

bĘko

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 04:46 PM

alright here goes some really mad monkeys xD

Posted Image

hope you like

*edit* those mid-right ones' stomachs are volleyballs.. its hardly noticeable i just found out.. ah damn :)

Edited by bĘko, 30 January 2007 - 04:48 PM.

#17 jdbadger

jdbadger

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:55 PM

alright here goes some really mad monkeys xD

Posted Image

hope you like

*edit* those mid-right ones' stomachs are volleyballs.. its hardly noticeable i just found out.. ah damn :P

The mid left are getting to be more what I was envisioning...I will post some of "Crests" that I have seen and see if you can incorporate the logo into it.

#18 jdbadger

jdbadger

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:03 PM

Attached File  bearcats.jpg   3.68KB   101 downloadsAttached File  penn_state.jpg   4.02KB   74 downloadsAttached File  elite.jpg   6.84KB   87 downloadslite.jpg]Attached File  hawks.jpg   6.36KB   86 downloadsAttached File  emu.jpg   4.43KB   80 downloadsAttached File  upward.jpg   5.32KB   101 downloadsward.jpg]

Here are some ideas I got from the web - I am definitely open to other suggestions though.

#19 AdventureBear

AdventureBear

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:32 PM

http://zachk.sixbit....bush/monkey.jpg

Some nice monkey pics I found on the web! Some of them might look good stylized in crest...

#20 Ecrouch

Ecrouch

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:01 PM

I've been using photoshop for a while, but im really new to illustrator.  Anyways, heres what i managed to make.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users