• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Propax

Propax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Interests:Webdesign, Football, Manchester United FC, Seeing the World, Music and tons more other stuff.

Posted 28 January 2007 - 06:06 PM

I took this pic when visiting Turkey with my dad, If anyone remembers a shampoo company named tim o' tei this is where they filmed them waterfall shots.

Hope you all like it.

Posted Image

#2 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 06:36 PM

That does look nice, reminds me of parts of north Queensland in Oz

#3 Propax

Propax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Interests:Webdesign, Football, Manchester United FC, Seeing the World, Music and tons more other stuff.

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:27 AM

It is lovely, the water is blue as can be and the size of the fish are shocking! I can't wait to go back

#4 Canen Art

Canen Art

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • Interests:I love taking photos of nature. That includes everything from the little bugs and animals all the way to natures beautiful landscapes.

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:05 AM

Beautiful photo. Very well taken.

Big fish you say! It's great to come across a beautiful place that you can do a little fishing.

Best Regards,

Jason :flower4u:

#5 Propax

Propax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:42 AM

Yeah tell me about it, I'm not sure what breed of fish they were, in England we get tench and they kinda looked like them but much bigger, I'd say about 15lb - 25lb, which is big enough for me.

Thanks for your comments :flower4u:

#6 Erik Bernskiold

Erik Bernskiold

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Interests:I love to do booth Web Design and Photography. Nothing beats a nice day out in the nature with the camera gear, getting loads of nice photos. I have been playing the flute for 6 years now and I love it, and I am playing the pipe organ as well. I also like to teach other people the in and outs of software such as the CS3 suite from Adobe.

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:57 AM

Beautiful scene! Although as with waterfalls it would have been nice to have them like silk, with a longer exposure!

#7 Propax

Propax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 01:47 PM

Thanks for your comments, I'm kinda lost when you say "like silk" and "longer exposure", If these are photography terms then I haven't a clue what it means, Im not a pro snapper just a kid with a basic camera,

Thanks again

Edited by Propax, 29 January 2007 - 06:53 PM.

#8 dEcade

dEcade

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Programming, Storm Chasing, Games (Designing and playing), Hockey, Photography

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:15 PM

Very beautiful! I wish the weather was like that here lol. Nice photo!

dEcade

#9 Canen Art

Canen Art

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • Interests:I love taking photos of nature. That includes everything from the little bugs and animals all the way to natures beautiful landscapes.

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:27 PM

Yeah tell me about it, I'm not sure what breed of fish they were, in England we get tench and they kinda looked like them but much bigger, I'd say about 15lb - 25lb, which is big enough for me.

Wow... 15 to 25 pounders. Now that would be a blast to catch. :)

Thanks for your comments, I'm kinda lost when you say "like silk" and "longer exposure", If these are photography terms then I haven't a clue what it means, Im not a pro snapper just a kid with a basic camera,

Erik is referring to something like this waterfall photo. It does take a bit of a longer exposure. That basically means leaving your shutter open for a longer period of time. I have found using a 1 to 2 seconds max gives the best effect.

Best Regards,

Jason :)

Edited by Canen Art, 29 January 2007 - 11:31 PM.

#10 syntex

syntex

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts
  • Interests:Poetry, Photography, Music, My Band, Guitar and out of my mind experiences.

Posted 30 January 2007 - 03:16 AM

Yeah the silk would have looked nice, Great photo either way.

Btw, I went on your site, and omg those images are murder to 56k, you ever thought of compressing it?!
500+kb on one page, my whole website is 96kb!

#11 Propax

Propax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 04:23 AM

Funny you should say that, because I was hoping to compress them today, I have compressed the images form 1mb down to 190kb I just can't figure out how to make em load quicker (any suggestions?).

I now understand the exposure thingy, It kinda makes it look like fantasy art, cool effect though.

Finally, I did say I am no pro so sorry for not understanding, why not check out my cousins work she is pro photographer and is really great (not that im biost).

Thanks again.

#12 syntex

syntex

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts
  • Interests:Poetry, Photography, Music, My Band, Guitar and out of my mind experiences.

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:40 AM

Are you using Save for Web compression?

#13 Propax

Propax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:59 AM

Are you using Save for Web compression?

I don't think so ;), I have been told to save them as gif,(ie in cs2 save for web) I have tried this but they stay the same size if not bigger,

How do i compress them?

Thanks, here is the link to my cousins site http://www.marisapotter.com

Edited by Propax, 30 January 2007 - 07:00 AM.

#14 apdz

apdz

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:18 AM

Go to save as for web and set the quality down to 60-70. The loss in quality doesn't show that much on the web.

Great photo btw!

#15 syntex

syntex

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 03:37 AM

Yeah save to web as JPGs, wont matter really.

#16 Propax

Propax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:31 PM

ok thanks, I have done some of the images, see if they load any better now, just remember to clear you cookies otherwise they will load real fast.

Thanks again for all your glorious comments :)

#17 Bug

Bug

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:40 PM

Where abouts, Donna? We're going to Cairns for our next holiday so maybe our family can stop there for a day :)

That picture is absolutely gorgeous!

#18 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:15 AM

Where abouts, Donna? We're going to Cairns for our next holiday so maybe our family can stop there for a day :)

That picture is absolutely gorgeous!

Daintree Rain Forest just over 2hrs driving north of Cairns, it's really worth the drive up. Watch out for crocs the rivers are full of them up there.

website http://www.daintreerainforest.com/

#19 Bug

Bug

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:33 AM

Ah okay - Did a project on the Daintree not too long ago lol Very beautiful spot

#20 floopy

floopy

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 03:16 PM

I know the topic isn't really new but..
This pictures is very nice - love it!!!
If I would live in the near, I would spend much of time there..... seems to be a pretty place

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users