7 replies to this topic

#1 panda

panda

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 12:00 PM

Dream weaver freezes on start up once it reaches "initializing extension data..." in the box that comes up while its loading. This only started today while I was coding a new template. I wasnt doing anything advanced just deleting images and setting theme as backgrounds to by typed upon. Ive lost the disk so id appreciate it if anyone knows how to get round this.

here is a screeen shot

:)

again thanks to anyone who trys.
Attached File  mydesktop.jpg   285.38KB   133 downloads

#2 panda

panda

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 12:10 PM

I was afraid you were going to say that :) As stated I cant as I do not have the disk my dad gave me any other ideas? thanks anyway

#3 Av-

Av-

I Feel Left Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:12 PM

I'm not sure what else you can, maybe do a system restore?

#4 panda

panda

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:37 PM

As long as you bought the software legally and you have the Serial Key, simply download dreamweaver from the site then re-enter your serial key and information etc. ;)

I don't think that is illegal or anything.

Ok, I did the above and it didnt even ask me for the Key but when starting it up it does the same thing. I dont understand this problem. normally you can guage what a problem is from the cause but the cause for this seems unclear

*EDIT*

I Have Dont It! I think you sohuld take note of this or maybe add it to tutorials because this took me a while to understand and find out.

********************************************************************************

Windows
  • The Dreamweaver 8.0.1 Updater resolved this issue for most users. Install the Dreamweaver 8.0.2 Updater as it includes all of the fixes in the 8.0.1 update, plus additional recommended fixes.
  • Try renaming the Dreamweaver user configuration folder, so that Dreamweaver will automatically generate a new user configuration folder the next time Dreamweaver launches. The Configuration folder is located here:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Macromedia\Dreamweaver 8\Configuration
  • Recreate your Dreamweaver user settings in the registry as follows:
    • Launch the Registry Editor by clicking the Start button, choose Run, then type "regedit". In the Registry Editor, navigate to this folder:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Macromedia\Dreamweaver 8
    • Rename the "Dreamweaver 8" key to "DreamweaverOLD", so that Dreamweaver will automatically generate a new user settings key the next time you launch it.

Warning: Editing the Windows Registry incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require reinstalling your operating system. Adobe does not guarantee that problems caused by editing the registry incorrectly can be resolved. Edit the registry at your own risk.
  • Recreate your Dreamweaver site definitions in the registry as follows. The steps below will delete your site definitions in Dreamweaver.
    • Launch the Registry Editor by clicking the Start button, choose Run, then type "regedit". In the Registry Editor, navigate to this folder:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Macromedia\Common\8\Sites
    • Rename the "Sites" key to "SitesOLD", so that Dreamweaver will automatically generate a new Sites key the next time you launch it.

Warning: Editing the Windows Registry incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require reinstalling your operating system. Adobe does not guarantee that problems caused by editing the registry incorrectly can be resolved. Edit the registry at your own risk.
********************************************************************************

The stage highlighted in red is the one that fixed it for me :) thanks for helping me out guys :)

Edited by panda, 30 January 2007 - 02:27 PM.

#5 knedl

knedl

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:Designing and programing

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:25 AM

Blast why hasn't been this topic opened before ^_^ this thing happend to me once and I was so frustrated I formated my partition and started from the begining ^_^

#6 panda

panda

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:16 AM

sorry :S i did it as a fast as i could ^_^

#7 kulib

kulib

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:59 PM

This solution also works for Dreamweaver 9.0 except the registry entry is of course

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Common\9\Sites.

This solution was extremely helpful.

#8 Orkane

Orkane

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Computing , Mountain biking, Xbox360, Firetwirling, Hooning

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:13 PM

Thank Buggery for that! My dreamweaver started doing that a few months back luckily i was about to reformat the comp. Least i know for next time when dreamweaver wants me to rip open the hdd and start scratching the disk with an ice pick!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users