#1 QuothTheRaven

QuothTheRaven

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 03:49 AM

Hello everyone, I'm new here.

I'm in need of a verrrrry simple 3D program that will basically just allow me to create a mock-up of a scene.

Basically, here's the deal: I am working with an artist on the webcomic. What I'd like to be able to do is create simple scenes so that I can show the artist what I see as going on. This would have to be a program that's quick to learn and easy to use. I'm not big on math, nor can I draw. I wouldn't need to create anything beautiful, just some low-poly things that look humanish. A program that is simple, as I have described, but also can do things that are much more advanced would be really great as well. Programs that have pre-loaded characters or something like that would be great, but I'd want to be able to modify them.

I basically want a program that would allow me to create a storyboard. As a result, I'm not interested in learning any complex programs or the like. But, as I mentioned, programs that can be simple, as I have described, or can do more complex things for advanced users would really be great, because I'd like to be able to do fancier things as I get better.

I hope I've explained what I need sufficiently. :X. Does anyone have any suggestions?

This is the coolest emoticon ever made... :biggrin:

#2 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:00 AM

Poser is quite good im led to believe... not free though i dont think. check it out at http://www.e-frontier.com/

if youre only looking for something free then have a look in this section through the search function, there are plenty of threads about the different (free and paid) 3d software available and what they are capable of. try a search for 'blender' or 'free 3d software' in the 3d forums.

and welcome.

#3 Scythar

Scythar

Honored X Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 12:55 PM

DAZ|Studio is the free version of poser (at least i can use same characters)

There toin of freebies (characters etc..) for it at www.DAZ3d.com and www.renderosity

#4 Daniel D

Daniel D

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 01:51 PM

Blender is free and pretty good, also I heard Wings 3D is pretty good and free also, never used it though.

#5 Gabe

Gabe

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:49 AM

I use Cinema 4D and thats nice to use

#6 Scythar

Scythar

Honored X Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 12:09 PM

I use Cinema 4D and thats nice to use

But not quite free; so for a beginner who doesnt yet know if he wants to persue this, its quite an investment.

#7 Dirk Black

Dirk Black

Sir Emo Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Interests:C4D graphic artwork and design, music (guitar songwriting vocals.) Painting, photography, video games.

Posted 22 March 2007 - 10:34 AM

yeah blender is free but not as simple as c4d..

#8 Scythar

Scythar

Honored X Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:56 PM

Poser isnt really a modelling program, its more like a well erm... pose program: you take stuff others made and make animations out of it f.ex. etc... (Daz Studio is same principle)

Pure modeling is done in other programs mostly.

#9 Bl4ck-Vip3r

Bl4ck-Vip3r

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:22 PM

I use maya and 3ds max mainly but they come with a heafty price tag, like £3000 + each i only have them because my dad works in 3d modeling for production so i use his coppies. They are really good and pretty simple tho.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users