19 replies to this topic

#1 Rapidrat

Rapidrat

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 08:00 PM

Hello everyone I'm new to this website, I've been using the tutorials in the past but never noticed the forum ^^. Anyway I should get to the point now...

I got a new computer in september 2006 and installed:

Photoshop CS
Illustrator CS

Only problem is that in photoshop I go to use the font tool, okay it works but then I go to change the font face and it freezes the application! This is the same with Illustrator. Lately I have been doing work on my pc and transfering it over to my laptop to do the fonts and then come back just to get around this annoying problem.

Recently, another new problem occured - Illustrator now decides to close itself when you open or create a new document or Canvas making Illustrator totally unsuable, I've tried reinstalling and tranfering the folder over form my laptop - no use.

Today I also decided to Get Photoshop CS2 hoping that this would all be gone, but NO, instead It doesnt even work, instead it freezes on startup! (just want to add all 3 apps are legitimate and not illegal downloads).

These programs run smoothly and fine on my laptop which only brings me to the point that the problem is my computer. Is there anything around here who has possibly experienced this horrid problem or can at least help? I've tried so many things and I'm finding it a total struggle not being able to use these programs efficiently.

I hope this has been posted in the right sub topic....Thanks for anyone who does help or can suggest something for me to do...
Rapidrat

#2 MyFlash13

MyFlash13

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:03 AM

I have a different sort of problem on my other pc. Photoshop cs2 is soooo slow on a 1.4 ghz machine. Thats why i do my webdesign on my mac.I think your computer is just too slow. Photoshop CS2 uses a lot of RAM and cpu.

#3 Rapidrat

Rapidrat

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:06 AM

I have a different sort of problem on my other pc. Photoshop cs2 is soooo slow on a 1.4 ghz machine. Thats why i do my webdesign on my mac.I think your computer is just too slow. Photoshop CS2 uses a lot of RAM and cpu.

Eh....I doubt it could be that because mine had a new feature to the market at the time and it was a double processor, my laptop is older than my laptop by about a year...strange. Like I said, I had these kinda problems since I got the computer, I just tried to avoid them.

#4 d2Squared

d2Squared

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Interests:Swimmig<br />Web-design<br />Starcraft

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:07 AM

Wow, the only thing I can think of right now as the problem will be the computer. Try fixing the computer or something, or maybe you bought a damaged new computer. That's what I'll do.

#5 Dance

Dance

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:34 PM

This sounds like there is a error with your computer i havent encountered this but make shure you have the latest drivers and versions of directX and OpenGL installed on your computer, also cheak your fonts you should maby cheak those out and get them reinstalled if needed. Im not shure how to reinstall the fonts that comes with windows but there should be a way to do it from the disc if needed.

Goto Run under the start menu and type "DXDIAG.EXE" with no quotes to bring up your directX dignostics tool. Run trough the tests and see if all works, the latest version of directX is "DirectX 9.0c".

#6 _*Creative Insanity_*

_*Creative Insanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:46 PM

I think the problem is drivers. I am guessing that this system came with preinstalled software and OS, and is this computer a brand name computer (IE HP Dell etc). If so turn off all the crap that tends to come with brand names, you don't need all that running in the background.
Make sure you have SP2 installed and also make sure (like Dance said) you have directX 9c installed also.
I would check another program as well that is as grunty as PS but not from Adobe, from another company. A 3D program would make a good test if you have one.
You could also contact Adobe support, maybe they have encounted this problem before and it could be something as simple as a file clash.

But I would try stopping all that is going on in the background first.

#7 Rapidrat

Rapidrat

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:08 PM

Okay, I've checked background crap, disabled some stuff and also checked ond rivers, in fact here's a screenshot I took for the sake of helping you out with any questions:

http://i21.photobuck.../PCgraphics.jpg

Tested all three apps and still no change

#8 Dance

Dance

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:19 PM

All seemes to be in order and over the required levels. Have you updated all your graphics card, motherboard, soundcard(if any) and possibly screen drivers?

Edited by Dance, 08 March 2007 - 02:20 PM.

#9 Rapidrat

Rapidrat

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:44 PM

All seem updated to me, cant find anything new and not to mention windows updater has nothing availble. Bah, what a mess :(

#10 _*Creative Insanity_*

_*Creative Insanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:58 PM

Your forceware is damn old.. update it.. they are now up to 93.x. The forceware you are using is like 4 - 5 years old now.
Umm could you do this and post a screen shot please.

start > run > type msconfig and press enter.
Click the startup tab and show a cap of that window.

Oh dear I just noticed your video card is LE. I had a mate with a LE card and the problems he had with games and took us ages to track the problem.. once we tested my card in his system things just took off.

But try the new forceware first.

Edited by Creative Insanity, 08 March 2007 - 04:04 PM.

#11 Rapidrat

Rapidrat

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 04:33 PM

Your forceware is damn old.. update it.. they are now up to 93.x. The forceware you are using is like 4 - 5 years old now.
Umm could you do this and post a screen shot please.

start > run > type msconfig and press enter.
Click the startup tab and show a cap of that window.

Oh dear I just noticed your video card is LE. I had a mate with a LE card and the problems he had with games and took us ages to track the problem.. once we tested my card in his system things just took off.

But try the new forceware first.

Hmm okay forceware? You can tell i'm a bit...er...bad at the technical stuff :/ but if you can maybe explain where I can find such an update I'd appreciate it!

As for the screenie of the startup panel, here it is:

Posted Image

#12 _*Creative Insanity_*

_*Creative Insanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2007 - 04:46 PM

Ok so lets filter some more of this crap out.

This is what I would kill:

Adobe Gamma
TabUser
Adobe Gamma Loader
MsnMsgr (I hate msnm but you may use that)
issch
ISUSPM
justced (java will load when needed)
lcdmon (way you need this monitor for)
LGDcore (no idea what this is for?)
VM_STI
osCheck..(Oh dear you have nortons bloatware on here.) I would kick it's arse out and remove that crap and install Avast for Home. It is free and when you register (which is also free) you get updates for a year.. then just renew and another year. Nortons is bloatware junk crap ugly, and not as good as Avast.

ccApp
KBD
KHALMNPR
blank one (I am always suspect of blank start up entries and always kill them.
RECGaurd (is this a firewall or something)
Nvcpl
rundll32
ehtray

Well that is what I would kill to start with and then reboot and see what happens. If you find some are needed for some reason or another (couldn't see why though) then just recheck them.

As for the Forceware... Just go and download this and install.
http://www.nvidia.co...p_2k_93.71.html

Edited by Creative Insanity, 08 March 2007 - 04:49 PM.

#13 Rapidrat

Rapidrat

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 05:11 PM

Well, updated Forceware - restarted and no use so I did the startup and No use again...this won't be easy at all I'm afraid.

#14 _*Creative Insanity_*

_*Creative Insanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:01 PM

No panic we will get there.
Right now I know more about your system then next step I would take is unistall anything nortons or symantec. Bloatware programs.

#15 Rapidrat

Rapidrat

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:07 PM

No panic we will get there.
Right now I know more about your system then next step I would take is unistall anything nortons or symantec. Bloatware programs.

Hmm....not sure it's the best idea or even a cause to be honest because like I said adobe was doing this when i first got the computer (I didnt have Norton or Symantec things at the time :S). What would have been the step after this or next idea?

#16 _*Creative Insanity_*

_*Creative Insanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:19 PM

Ok my next step would be. (what I do on all brand names that clients give me that have slowness problems) is:

1. Go to the brand companies site and download the sound, chipset, modem (if on dialup) and place them on either another drive (or partition) or a USB pocket drive... you know, one of those tiny pen drive things.

2. Then I would get out my own trusty copy of windows XP and do a fresh install and whip all brand names stuff out.

3. Once installed I would then install SP2 and once that is done, install the chipset and other drivers.

4. Then I would download the latest forceware and install that for my video card.

5. Go to Avast and download avast for home and a firewall as long as it ain't nortons..

6. Then install PS and test.

If all the above fails I would put back the brands restore disk and take it back under warranty and tell them it is as slow as a dog and locks all the time and I would also leave on the program that has the problem so they can see what it is doing.
Be careful if you do reload XP on as there may be a partition where the drives and restore files are held.. if so do not delete that partition. HP/Compaq were stupid ones that done this type of thing.

#17 Rapidrat

Rapidrat

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:33 PM

So is this anything like a reformat? O_o because I did mention i'm not a very techy person, otherwise I will have to "test" this out :(

#18 _*Creative Insanity_*

_*Creative Insanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:08 PM

If you are not comfortable with doing this you could try either Adobe for a resolve (someone else may of had the problem) or just take the system back to where you got it and tell them what the problem is.. and mention that the same program works fine on a lesser system.

#19 Rapidrat

Rapidrat

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:11 AM

Ah okay well I would just like to thank you for the help you have tried to provide me with ^^, shame it wasn't simple enough to just be solves by now, but I shall try to get in touch with adobe themself

#20 _*Creative Insanity_*

_*Creative Insanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:28 AM

If it was me and my system I would be going back to the place I bought and asking them to fix it. After all adobe is a good company and they make good software and have never heard of your problem before myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users