22 replies to this topic

#1 Tasha

Tasha

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 06:12 AM

First off, can you tell me what you all think of my sig? I know it's simple and easy, but I like things to be plain, and not too cluttered.

And I also made a LOT of sig backgrounds using various filters in Photoshop (one is very pale):

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And so you all know, I am only 12 and I have only been doing graphics since november. And i have only started using Photoshop a few weeks ago. I used TheGIMP (brill program) before. But now I use Fireworks, Bryce5, PSP9, Gimp, Photoshop and Macromedia Flash MX. :(

Tell me what you all think. :(

#2 .iCY7.

.iCY7.

Simplicity With A Twist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 06:23 AM

nice work 4 a 12yr old girl

#3 Kpoc

Kpoc

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 09:49 AM

Nice work, filters are underated imo if you have a decent background, i think thats where you work could improve, try D/L some brushes and just experiment with them to get a nice BG good work though :(

K...

#4 Tasha

Tasha

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 10:26 AM

where can I find other brushes? I do use one of the assorted brushes set on scattering a lot, coz it gives a nice effect.

#5 Yuuki_1

Yuuki_1

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:Riding my quad, Hanging out with my friends, and vidoe games.

Posted 26 February 2005 - 10:28 AM

After a few weeks ppl are alot better than that. They look great 4 filters....and I agree with Kpoc try using brushes. You can find brushes at deviantart.com

#6 JDWortham

JDWortham

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 11:48 AM

You're really good. to tell you a secret, I'm 12 also. I'm not quite that good though. you are really good. :( Y'know, I should make a photoalbum online to sort out all the sigs I've made. likw=e an AIM Photoalbum. I'll PM you the link so you can see all my sigs.

#7 Tasha

Tasha

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 03:58 PM

tbh, d/l brushes isn't excactly helpful. Ur jsut using someone elses brush to make something you made look really detailed. I'm sticking with filters and the default brushes that come with PS, at least then you can improve and get some skill in work. ¬¬ Instead of taking someone elses hard worked on detailed brushes and then using it on a blank background and changing the colour a bit to make it look so brilliant and say you made it.

No offence anyone, it just annoys me the way people don't bother to learn and just rip off other peopels hard work. :unsure:

#8 .iCY7.

.iCY7.

Simplicity With A Twist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 04:21 PM

tbh, d/l brushes isn't excactly helpful. Ur jsut using someone elses brush to make something you made look really detailed. I'm sticking with filters and the default brushes that come with PS, at least then you can improve and get some skill in work. ¬¬ Instead of taking someone elses hard worked on detailed brushes and then using it on a blank background and changing the colour a bit to make it look so brilliant and say you made it.

No offence anyone, it just annoys me the way people don't bother to learn and just rip off other peopels hard work. :unsure:

if it was ripping it would e stealing so its not ripped they r letting u download it

#9 Tasha

Tasha

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 04:32 PM

if it was ripping it would e stealing so its not ripped they r letting u download it

Yea true, but still it's annoying. Coz if you can't use the normal stuff that is included in Photoshop then you don't really have skill in all areas. Taking a reayd made brush and putting a stamp on something then changing the colour isn't really skill :unsure:

#10 Yuuki_1

Yuuki_1

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 04:39 PM

There's more to it than that tasha. You have to make the diff. D/L brushes look nice together so it all flows and you have to figure out what type to make the layer and what color to make it and you have to blend.

#11 JDWortham

JDWortham

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 10:56 PM

Yea, but your still just stamping something somebody else made onto your sig. If you have enough skill, you'll make the brush yourself!

#12 Griffin

Griffin

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • Interests:Things I find interesting.

Posted 26 February 2005 - 11:47 PM

I have alot of brushes for PS....dont really use them that much and if i do their pretty basic. They have brush sets of renders that have been pre-made, id stay away from them and others of that nature.

#13 -Azrael-

-Azrael-

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 07:08 PM

Sexist

#14 .iCY7.

.iCY7.

Simplicity With A Twist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 07:14 PM

Sexist

no comment lol :)

#15 jat543

jat543

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 09:33 PM

first of all, tasha, next time u upload lots of cool bg's like that u might wanna write text on them like DONT RIP so people dont steal your work, and second, using brushes that u dont make doesnt mean u dont have skill. If some1 gives u their work then its not ripping cause they gave u permission, and even so, if u stamp it on and change a color, its still ur artistic skill in their arangement and design, thats like saying if u dont make your own paint but u paint masterpieces u arent skilled. some people (like myself) take many brush sets and combine diff brushes from diff sets to get really cool designs. just cause u have brushes doesnt mean ur good or bad, its what u do with them. if u have any artistic talent, u should be able to create cool stuff, not just becuase u have brushes

#16 Griffin

Griffin

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • Interests:Things I find interesting.

Posted 27 February 2005 - 09:53 PM

someone made the brushes in Photoshop....so i dont really understand your argument, its all the same, just different brush designs.

#17 -Azrael-

-Azrael-

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 10:15 PM

If the person gave permission OR gave a link to brushes to the public, then you aren't stealing anything.

#18 Yuuki_1

Yuuki_1

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 10:33 PM

Oh and another thing about your BG's I think you use that star brush too much.

#19 jat543

jat543

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 11:44 PM

well thats what happens when u limit urself to only using the stock photoshop brushes like tasha does

#20 irish_pikey

irish_pikey

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 08:22 AM

hoot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users