1 reply to this topic

#1 rex1030

rex1030

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 10:56 PM

I have been working hard trying to make this little mp3-player interface for my website:
Check out what I made (what I am talking about)
Notice how the little clock displays the time... instead of the time remaining on a song. I don't have the rights to any music yet, so instead of putting a static time, i dicided to use this tutorial and put a digital clock in there.

I then animated the level bars using the usual motion tweening and published it to see what it looked like with the clock and the moving level bars. The clock works, the bars don't. When I move my mouse along the timeline, they move like i animated them to. But, they dont work. Very perplexing.

I dont know actionscript, but I do code in C++ and other languages. I don't see anything in the code that I think would prevent the bars from following their animated path.

What am I doing wrong??

#2 PizdusInc

PizdusInc

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 02:30 PM

not sure why the bars would not be moving without seeing the source... maybe you need to give your MC an instance name or something... If you animated the bars manually (either frame by frame or motion tween) make sure that the movie clip they are within loops continually.

As for the time of the music... try using the below to show time remaining:

1. Create dynamic text box on stage... give instance name of "timeTxt"
2. Create an empty movie clip, name it something like "audioTimer" and place it on stage
3. On the first keyframe of the "audioTimer" mc put the following script (***change the "slideAudio" to the name of the instance you loaded your sound into***)
this.onEnterFrame = function() {
_global.seconds = Math.floor(((_root.slideAudio.position/1000) + _global.elapsedTime)%60);
_global.minutes = Math.floor(((_root.slideAudio.position/1000) + _global.elapsedTime)/60);
_root.timeTxt = _global.minutes + ":" + _global.seconds;
}

Hope that works and helps you a bit...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users