#1 Pixel Prestige

Pixel Prestige

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Programming<br />Development<br />Design

Posted 06 May 2007 - 11:29 PM

Welcome to my first tutorial, hopefully we all walk away with a little more knowledge. :censored:

First of all please try and find your answer on our wonderful database of information:
Search Pixel2Life Forums
Search Pixel2Life Tutorials
Pixel2Life Search Tutorial

If after all this you still can't find your answer do what we all do. Visit Google and search for your answer there, and thats exactly what this guide is going to help you do better.

Always remember that Google is your friend for whatever you need. As long as you know how to use it, it has your back. Most people when looking for something just plug in random stuff and hope they find what they're looking for. This guide will make finding your answers and files easier for you.

--Fonts--
Lets say you're looking for a font you cant seem to find anywhere. Most people would simply type the name of the font into a search and thats that. Heres an example of a better way to search.
"Name Of The Font"+*.ttf
This tells Google to find the name of the font, and any files (probably downloadable) related to that font (.ttf file).

--Problems--
Lets say you're looking for the answer to a problem. Such as a problem I recently helped with. A PHP5/ MySQL Problem with the error:

"PHP Warning: mysql_ping(): 7 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in ****/public_html/test/mysql.php on line 69"

Simplify this error warning into some key words and type those into google. Such as:
"mysql_ping()"+"warning"+"mysql.php"+"PHP5"
And surf around those sites until you come across a similar problem already had by other people. If google gives you no results remove some keywords until it does such as:
"PHP5"+"mysql_ping()"+"warning"

--Finding Tutorials/Resources--
If you cant find what you're looking for on our wonderful tutorial database. Google what you want. What I usually do is I plug this into google:
"Program"+"What Im looking for"
Example:
"Photoshop"+"Flame Tutorial"
"C++"+"Regex Tutorial"
"CSS"+"Layout Tutorial"

--Brushes--
"Program"+"Brush Type"
Example:
"Photoshop"+"Grundge Brushes"
"Photoshop"+"Feather Brushes"

--Skins--
"Progam"+"Skins"
Example:
"trillian"+"skins"
"Windows XP"+"Themes"

--3D Textures--
3D+Texures+Free

--3D Models--
3D+Models+Free

--Stock Pictures--
Stock Pictures+Royalty Free
Stock Pictures+Royalty Free+Subject

Nearly anything can be found on google with a little know-how and a lot of patience.Although the next things arent necessarily pixel/graphic related they are still helpful so here are some final tips and tricks for your new buddy Google.

--Shopping--
To search for products between a certain price range search:
product $lowprice..highprice
Example:
digital camera $200..500

Edited by Pixel Prestige, 07 May 2007 - 12:11 AM.

#2 Pixel Prestige

Pixel Prestige

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Programming<br />Development<br />Design

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:04 AM

--Movie+Cinema List--
Want to know what movies are out, what cinemas are playing them, and what times they start? Try this useful google tip.
movie:zipcode
If you need to know something about any movie/actor. Check out another search/movie database imdb.com.

--Bulit-in Dictionary--
Some one call you a strange insult and you need to know the definition of a specific word?
define:word

--Built-In Meteorologist--
weather location
Example:
weather houston tx
weather zipcode

--Built In Translator--
To translate text or an entire webpage visit http://translate.google.com

I hope this has and will help you in your online needs and struggles. I know a lot of the regular users know some of these things already, but I hope this will help the many many members out there who dont know these helful hints. Now that you know how to navigate and use google a little better you'll hopefully find your solutions a little easier.If you're interested in learning even more about the different options in Google visit this site.http://www.googlegui..._reference.html
Have A Great Day :censored:

Edited by Pixel Prestige, 07 May 2007 - 12:07 AM.

#3 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:football, Manchester Utd., coding, web developement, business, girls and warcraft.

Posted 16 June 2007 - 12:11 PM

Wow, neat tutorial dude. I've bookmarked this page just incase i ever need them. Thanks anyways :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users