57 replies to this topic

#21 SebLev

SebLev

Forum Whore is what I am today!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 05:12 PM

yeah what Case said... I was a bit shoked seeing a text base letter... Guess I'm just to used to seeing all the other graphics sites news letter.... still nice content tho..

#22 Trix06

Trix06

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 292 posts
  • Interests:Web Design & Development, Graphic Design, Programming, Networking, Girls, The Beach, Amatuer Radio Communications and more.

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:37 AM

Just a suggestion, it would be nice to have it so that it is more graphical and nicely formatted like some of the big PC news sites eg www.pcworld.com send out. Is this a possibilities or something you guys are currently working on.

#23 Fault

Fault

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:24 AM

As I type this, the server is busy sending out our first online newsletter to over 12,000 people! I'm really excited about this and I hope you guys like the format and what we plan to bring to the newsletter in the coming weeks and months. If you have any comments or suggestions for future newsletters, please let me know and for those of you that aren't subscribed, you can do so by using the form on the homepage on the right side.

Thanks again!
Dan

I'd love to see a more P2L theme. Maybe more colours used?

#24 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:12 AM

Guys, the reason we have a text based newsletter is so that EVERYONE can read the newsletter. If we was to send a HTML newsletter and someone did not have a HTML compatible email client.. there stuffed.

:P Much to learn young one.
http://www.webcheats...chment.php#html

edit: Should also point out I actually prefer plain text, but perhaps add links to the different sections just to avoid some 'blind scrolling'.

(Including the difference between "there" and "they're" might i add :))
Matt

Edited by Matthew., 20 May 2007 - 10:15 AM.

#25 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:58 AM

There are multiple reasons why this is text based for the time being :P

#26 MikeWilson

MikeWilson

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Art in all of itself.

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:07 PM

Guys, the reason we have a text based newsletter is so that EVERYONE can read the newsletter. If we was to send a HTML newsletter and someone did not have a HTML compatible email client.. there stuffed.

Who doesn't have an email that can't do that? Gmail is free.

#27 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 08:36 PM

Guys it's easy... the purpose of text based email is that it loads faster, can be read offline and can be read on mobiles and some people do block HTML content in their mail. Text based emails are statistically proven to be read by more people than HTML based ones, have less a chance of getting nuked by junkmail filters and over all convert better on content.

OOOOOOKay? :unsure:

Dan

#28 SimplicityDesigns

SimplicityDesigns

BaseballHeadDan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:Web/graphics design

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:25 PM

And if you do decide to go with an HTML newsletter, be sure to include many animated gifs and a scrolling rainbow background. Lots of Comic Sans too. How pleased we'd all be.

:unsure:

-dan

#29 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:30 PM

This will be in it at least 10 times per newsletter:

Posted Image

#30 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:36 AM

where can we find this if it wasnt emailed to us then?

#31 Archangel

Archangel

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Interests:Reading (mainly fantasy books), Gaming (Xbox 360, Wii & PS3), Sports, Outdoor Recreation, Watching/Collecting Movies

Posted 21 May 2007 - 11:17 AM

Nice Newsletter!

Question though...about the links to purchase software. If I click on a link and buy anything will you get a cut? The reason I ask is b/c I'm not sure if I'm buying Dreamweaver CS3 of the Web Standard CS3 upgrade this week...if I get the upgrade I would love for P2L to get the credit.

#32 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:25 PM

Nice Newsletter!

Question though...about the links to purchase software. If I click on a link and buy anything will you get a cut? The reason I ask is b/c I'm not sure if I'm buying Dreamweaver CS3 of the Web Standard CS3 upgrade this week...if I get the upgrade I would love for P2L to get the credit.

Hey Arch,

Yes if you use our links we get a comission so if you do buy it, use our link and I will love you forever and ever <3 :D

Stu - I'm sending you a copy :D

Dan

#33 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:27 PM

Would it be a good idea to keep an online copy of the newsletter? Would save having to resend it to x many people each time the thing is released. Maybe even an RSS feed of past/present? I know it's just meant to be a basic newsletter, but a little something like that might prove handy.

Matt

#34 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 11:09 PM

Would it be a good idea to keep an online copy of the newsletter? Would save having to resend it to x many people each time the thing is released. Maybe even an RSS feed of past/present? I know it's just meant to be a basic newsletter, but a little something like that might prove handy.

Matt

The newsletter goes out to everyone that is signed up, so if you're not getting it, you need to check your mail/spam settings, whitelist [email protected] etc... there are exclusive tips, offers and contests for newsletter subscribers, so there won't be an online version. Membership has it's privledges :D

So if you're not getting it, you need to check your mail settings or contact you ISP and ask them why they are nuking mail from P2L. Also bear in mind some of your guys use box trappers that require confirmation from the sender. You need to whitelist us or the newsletter will never get through.

Dan

#35 Archangel

Archangel

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Interests:Reading (mainly fantasy books), Gaming (Xbox 360, Wii &amp; PS3), Sports, Outdoor Recreation, Watching/Collecting Movies

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:56 AM

Nice Newsletter!

Hey Arch,

Yes if you use our links we get a comission so if you do buy it, use our link and I will love you forever and ever :rolleyes: ;)

Stu - I'm sending you a copy :)

Dan

Oh...I'm buying one...just not sure which one yet :) Still waiting for my boss to get back to me on whether or not I can gank our companies copy of Studio MX so I can get the CS3 upgrade. I "think" I nearly have him talked into it.

Oh...and graphics or not...I still enjoy the newsletter :)

#36 Bug

Bug

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:20 AM

I'm not saying that I don't enjoy the newsletter... it would just be a bit more appealing for some of us if it had at least SOME text formatting in it :rolleyes:

I must say though, Faken's been getting more bad hits about it than good ones lol - I'm sure we all agree that your newsletter was fantastic, Dan :)

#37 Archangel

Archangel

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Interests:Reading (mainly fantasy books), Gaming (Xbox 360, Wii &amp; PS3), Sports, Outdoor Recreation, Watching/Collecting Movies

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:42 AM

My ONLY suggestion (doesn't even required graphics!) would be anchor tags so we can click on the index at the top and go straight to that section.

By the way...I just ordered the Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Standard Upgrade suite by clicking on your link so you should be getting some commission coming through.

#38 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:28 AM

My ONLY suggestion (doesn't even required graphics!) would be anchor tags so we can click on the index at the top and go straight to that section.

By the way...I just ordered the Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Standard Upgrade suite by clicking on your link so you should be getting some commission coming through.

Awesome thanks Arch! Look slike the affiliate links work, it registered the sale :rolleyes: Thanks a ton for buying using our linkage :)

Dan

#39 Archangel

Archangel

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:38 AM

Just don't forget to "love me forever and ever" :rolleyes: lol

In a manly, macho sort of way.

#40 syndrome

syndrome

P2L patient #4819

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts
  • Interests:Photoshop, Tennis, PS2, web design, CS:S

Posted 25 May 2007 - 01:08 PM

I find it quite amusing how I've been signed up to receive the newsletter for years, without any sign of one coming, yet when one is sent, I still don't get the bloody thing. I was told by another member who received it... Great job guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users