Page Splits Up....ew

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _*phyre_st0rm_*

_*phyre_st0rm_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2004 - 08:45 PM

Ok, i read on how to design a basic template using photoshop. For some reason, i always save my PSD, and open it with fireworks, slice it there, and then export it (don't ask why i do this..i'm just comfortable with it). I read that when you slice a big image that you wish to type in (such as a news section....constantly updated), you slice the portion where you will be typing stuff. Once you have everything exported, you open up another program (such as Dreamweaver) and delete that picture, but set that picture as the background.....All this is no problem for me. My problem is when i'm typing and i run out of space or something and if i push too many enters or too much text, all of the tables start moving down and everything starts splitting up. One solution i've found to this is to make it an iFrame, but i've noticed not many site's use iFrames....or am i just being decieved? How can i make the table stretch without bringing the rest of the web site with it?
I hope all this makes some sence. If not, i would be more than happy to get some one on one help thru an Instant Messanger

AOL: phyrest0rm1
MSN: [email protected]
Yahoo!: nathanledet

Thanks!!

#2 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 12:02 PM

Ok, i read on how to design a basic template using photoshop. For some reason, i always save my PSD, and open it with fireworks, slice it there, and then export it (don't ask why i do this..i'm just comfortable with it). I read that when you slice a big image that you wish to type in (such as a news section....constantly updated), you slice the portion where you will be typing stuff. Once you have everything exported, you open up another program (such as Dreamweaver) and delete that picture, but set that picture as the background.....All this is no problem for me. My problem is when i'm typing and i run out of space or something and if i push too many enters or too much text, all of the tables start moving down and everything starts splitting up. One solution i've found to this is to make it an iFrame, but i've noticed not many site's use iFrames....or am i just being decieved? How can i make the table stretch without bringing the rest of the web site with it?
I hope all this makes some sence. If not, i would be more than happy to get some one on one help thru an Instant Messanger

AOL: phyrest0rm1
MSN: [email protected]
Yahoo!: nathanledet

Thanks!!

So is this working since we chatted on MSN? Hope you got it figured out... Fireworks was owning you ;)

Faken

#3 _*phyre_st0rm_*

_*phyre_st0rm_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2004 - 12:40 PM

na for some reason it's not. I just think there is something i'm not doing right...not enough experiance. When i slice (using photoshop) and then open with Dreamweaver, i delete the image that i want set as the table background (so i can put it as the background), and when i delete it, it collapses the whole table and throws everything completely out of line. Please send me a message when you have time to talk some more..i would appreciate the help.

#4 _*sEVEn_*

_*sEVEn_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2004 - 03:52 AM

tiling in dreamweaver can help too if you have a constant BG =]

#5 _*phyre_st0rm_*

_*phyre_st0rm_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2004 - 05:09 PM

background is black.

bah...i need instant responses..someone message me on AIM (phyrest0rm1) or MSN ([email protected]) or yahoo (nathanledet)

#6 _*phyre_st0rm_*

_*phyre_st0rm_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2004 - 05:57 PM

Ok, it works..but it doesn't work!!

I took each individual slice, and put it in the page.

here's how it looks..it looks damn good and i have the backgrounds for the tables set right and everything...

http://www.Technix3....eandwarsite.jpg

This is a local bands site i'm working with...

Take the "news" section i have...when i type news thru out all of that..it stretches the table just fine...but while i type, it will stretch out the "upcoming shows" table too. And, whenever i decide to delete all that stuff inside the news part, the table won't shrink backdown to normal size...i have to manually adjust everything. What am i doing wrong?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users