Photo

TUTORIALSEEK.COM VERSION 2 OFFICIALLY RELEASED!

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 10:39 PM

TUTORIALSEEK.COM VERSION 2 OFFICIALLY RELEASED!

It has arrived! Tutorialseek.com v2 has just gone live and is ready for your viewing pleasure! What’s the big deal you ask? Tutorialseek.com v2 is your first look at the upcoming Pixel2life.com Version 2 layout release!!! That’s right! Everything you see at TS will be brought over to the P2L site (TS has no membership system, forums, affiliate or topsites system… those will all be continued in the version 2 release of P2L). So you need to get your butts over to http://www.tutorialseek.com and take a look at the future release of Pixel2life! We’re hoping that with your feedback, we can perfect the layout and get any last minute changes done before we launch Pixel2life.

We have recoded the system from the ground up! Everything has been changed and we’ve loaded on the goodies in this new release. Here’s a list of just a few changes to the system:

- All new tab system navigation! Individual tabs lead you to the major sections of the site. We felt this would make the entire site MUCH easier to browse and use no matter what you are looking for.

- Less images! The site uses WAY less images so it loads fast… 4 times faster than the current pixel2life.com website!

- Random tutorials! If you’re a webmaster that has old tutorials submitted to the index and you think no one is seeing them, you’ll love this new feature! Each category view now has 5 random tutorials displayed at the bottom of each page

- BOOLEAN SEARCH! No more exact match folks!!!! We now use the full Boolean search method for search for your tutorials! That means more matches and better chances of finding exactly what you need much faster than before.

- Multiple tutorial submissions! Have 10 tutorials you want to submit for one category? Well now you can submit all 10 in one swoop instead of doing it one at a time!

- Not sure which tutorials require avatars when submitted? The new submission system has you covered with it’s required avatar system. If a tutorial category requires and avatar, the “No avatar” option is no longer displayed.

- The ultimate Source Site Summary! Remember how the old webmaster page would only show the tutorials for a particular website for one category? Well now this extremely advanced tutorial source site summary page will display every tutorial for all categories AND give you valuable stats regarding your tutorials! Webmasters can now see at a glance how many tutorials they have in the system, how many are waiting for approval, how many are approved and in the queue, total categories they have tutorials in, total tutorial views, average difficulty, average rating, and total votes!

- Over 30 bugs that were causing some listing related panics are now gone.

- DOUBLE THE CATEGORIES! We’ve added TONS of new categories that have been requested to us over the last few months!

- Smart category display! When you select a category from the listing on the left, the category and sub categories will automatically move to the top of the category list, so it’s easier for you to use the sub categories without having to scroll down each time!

- New contact form that makes it easier to report issues and comments to the right people! By selecting the correct topic, the person responsible for that subject receives your email right away.

- A new complete Sitemap! Lost? Click the sitemap for a complete listing of every link on the site. The listing automatically updates with any new Categories or Sub-Categories we add to the site.

- All new approval system. When a tutorial is approved, it’s moved to the go live queue and a new tutorial is approved every 30 minutes. So your tutorial is guaranteed at least 5 hours on the main page once it’s released from the queue!

- An all new dead link system that will allow us to correct dead link issues MUCH faster!

- Detailed submission results! When you submit tutorials, the new output system will give you a detailed breakdown of your submission so you can easily correct errors when you submit.

- Over 250 pages of code have been reduced to 60! Aside from the database, this entire site is a re-code from the ground up!

So that’s a general new feature list and I’m sure I’m forgetting some that Jay will correct me on pretty soon :D This is an effort consisting of hundreds of hours and MANY sacrifices and I can not thank Jay enough for the EXTREMELY hard work he has put into this, and continues to deliver as we work on P2L v2. Thank you so very much Jay... without you, none of the dream I call the P2L Network would have been this much of a reality. I personally thank you as do the thousands of people that enjoy the site each and every day.

So that’s it folks! Go check it out and please provide us as much feedback as you can!!!

Faken

#2 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 10:44 PM

The new cats:
- Adobe After Effects
- AutoCAD
- CGI Coding
- ColdFusion
- Delphi
- Excel
- FreeHand
- FruityLoops
- GoLive
- InDesign
- Java
- Macromedia Director
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Word
- Outlook and Outlook Express
- PageMaker
- Perl
- Poser
- PowerPoint
- Premiere and Premiere Pro
- Rhino 3D
- SoundForge
- Terragen

*Dies from the orgasm*

#3 vexatomic

vexatomic

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 10:53 PM

Looking very nice. Much easier to navigate and it looks much better than any other tutorial database out there! Well done. It will look good on 1024*768 as well as 800*600.

#4 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:04 PM

Jay can I copy your content to put in out site news please

Looking kewl beans too btw

#5 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:10 PM

Absolutely :D

Faken

#6 p0iz

p0iz

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:29 PM

looks very nice! i was wondering what was taking you so long to submit the news! the site was up for couple of hours b4 u posted the news :D

once again, looks nice and good job :)

#7 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:31 PM

looks very nice! i was wondering what was taking you so long to submit the news! the site was up for couple of hours b4 u posted the news :D

once again, looks nice and good job :)

We had to work out a few glitches after moving it over from the dev folder B)

Faken

#8 p0iz

p0iz

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:41 PM

ah, i see :)

[hide]/waits for tuts to be validated[/hide] :D

#9 Griffin

Griffin

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • Interests:Things I find interesting.

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:43 PM

Very nice job there Faken and Jay. Butterfly kind of suprised me at first, but overall its great!

Having fun with your new toy... :D

#10 p0iz

p0iz

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:45 PM

mm, found a bug, i think :D

try this link, notice the google ads dont apear :)
http://www.tutorials...esite/zymic.com

it also doesnt work on any sourcsite url B)

#11 patellio

patellio

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:49 PM

Pretty nice layout... :D it! It

Much easier to navigate and it looks much better than any other tutorial database out there! Well done

#12 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:52 PM

if the google ads aren't appearing its not a bug, its that google hasn't crawled it yet to decide what ads to display, dont worry :D

and just fixed the first bug thats been found :)

i don't think theres many, if any at all - we triple checked everything

#13 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 12:21 AM

Absolutely :D

Faken

Thankyou its up and getting hit so watch out :)

*Dies from the orgasm*

Just saw that in jays post at the bottom lol he must be looking at avatars. B)

Awesome job guys you deserve a 10 minute break now

#14 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 12:22 AM

Awesome job guys you deserve a 10 minute break now

I can't... I have like 300 tutorials to go through :D

Faken

#15 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 12:24 AM

its 5:30am here so i'm going to bed lol

and i wont be up till at least 2pm!

#16 ThaBirdman

ThaBirdman

Pidgeon Trainer

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 12:34 AM

wow....thats some hella big updating u guys did!

its got a ton of stuff on that front page but is VERY well organized...love the butterfly btw....

whats this "upcoming feature" ? any cluze or is it top secret?

great job u guys, cand wait vor the p2l version!

#17 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 12:57 AM

wow....thats some hella big updating u guys did!

its got a ton of stuff on that front page but is VERY well organized...love the butterfly btw....

whats this "upcoming feature" ? any cluze or is it top secret?

great job u guys, cand wait vor the p2l version!

Thank you and yes, it's top secret :D

Faken

#18 Blitz

Blitz

Jedi In Training

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Interests:Php, html, css, etc, band, trumpet, anime, my dog, TV, computers, video games, sleeping, marching band, sleeping, jazz, sleeping, metal, sleeping, classic rock, sleeping, music, jazz band, did I mention sleeping?, kicking the hell out of kids that won't take the time to spell or use proper grammar, my website, etc.

Posted 05 March 2005 - 02:00 AM

:D That's crazy. Great job on the site guys, can't wait to see it come for p2l!

#19 Kif

Kif

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 02:13 AM

caramba! awesome! :D

#20 adam123

adam123

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts
  • Interests:Programming and stuff.

Posted 05 March 2005 - 03:28 AM

Found a bug, I tried to submit a dead link. When i submitted it, it came up with this error message: "
Warning: main(../admin/dbconnects.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fakents/public_html/deadlink_report.php on line 2

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../admin/dbconnects.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/fakents/public_html/deadlink_report.php on line 2
ERROR: Could not get the info!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users