5 replies to this topic

#1 boring88

boring88

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 10:24 PM

Hi, can someone tell me is it possible to link word documents together with the flash application ?

I have some word document files at hand and there are alot of pictures inside as well and i was told to make a flash template so as to display what is shown in the word document in flash format so that people won't be able to copy and paste the information or pictures.

However after searching on the internet and this forum for hours, i can't find any tutorials or help that can aid me with this issue............

Is there any other advisable way in which i can do this besides copying the text and pictures and then pasting them inside the flash program ?

Thanks a million.

Edited by boring88, 25 July 2007 - 10:25 PM.

#2 Ben

Ben

P2L Jedi Master

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:02 AM

Is there any other advisable way in which i can do this besides copying the text and pictures and then pasting them inside the flash program ?

I think thats what the person meant. Sorry but you can't like word documents (.doc, .docx) into Flash like you can with XML, Notepad files, or images.

#3 Pax

Pax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:56 AM

If you're concerned about people stealing the content, make it a pdf or something. A simple swf decompiler will be able to grab any content you put in an fla.

#4 Ben

Ben

P2L Jedi Master

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:19 AM

You're not safe at all even if you make a pdf. There's always the Print Screen button.

#5 boring88

boring88

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:52 AM

is it possible to open the pdf. files inside the flash application itself without the need for it to jump out of the flash application and open using adobe ?

Edited by boring88, 27 July 2007 - 03:04 AM.

#6 Pax

Pax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:06 AM

You can use getURL() and it will open the pdf in a browser, but that will automatically kick you out of flash and into the web browser.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users