6 replies to this topic

#1 bowlofcereal

bowlofcereal

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 11:51 AM

i would like to take some php training courses as well as get certified through zend. i was looking at their courses and they seem great, exactly what i need and it's the company founded by phps creators so it must be good right? however, i looked at other companies offering similar courses for lower prices, and i just can't decide.

money is not too big of a deal as long as i come out knowing what the course intended to teach. right now it seems zend is the best choice, but i don't know. do you guys have any suggestions on what i should do? also do you think this is the path i should go? i wasn't serious about going to college in high school, but ever since i graduated i'm beating myself up on why i didn't even just try. i currently cannot devote the time going to college would required, so i thought some training courses are the best next thing. one last thing, do you think internet courses are just as good as classroom?

anyway, i would appreciate all suggestions.

edit: could this moved to "general discussion?"

Edited by bowlofcereal, 06 September 2007 - 12:08 PM.

#2 _*Creative Insanity_*

_*Creative Insanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2007 - 12:13 PM

Don't know if this will be any help, but when I wanted to learn (not long after I stared posting on here this year) I bought some CDs from Lynda.com and they are very good and give a excellent grounding and training in php etc.
Nice collection it was and not big money either really.

#3 bowlofcereal

bowlofcereal

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 12:18 PM

Don't know if this will be any help, but when I wanted to learn (not long after I stared posting on here this year) I bought some CDs from Lynda.com and they are very good and give a excellent grounding and training in php etc.
Nice collection it was and not big money either really.

i will defintely look into those. i think they can serve as my beginner classes. the php with mysql essential training looks good.

Edited by bowlofcereal, 06 September 2007 - 12:19 PM.

#4 _*Creative Insanity_*

_*Creative Insanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:25 PM

Yeah they are pretty good. I have the 2 DVD set and they are pretty full on and explained in an excellent manner.
Watch the free ones to see what you are looking at.

#5 bowlofcereal

bowlofcereal

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 03:12 PM

Yeah they are pretty good. I have the 2 DVD set and they are pretty full on and explained in an excellent manner.
Watch the free ones to see what you are looking at.

sounds good.

anyone else with suggestions?

#6 bowlofcereal

bowlofcereal

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 04:46 PM

someone must have something to say? has anyone actually taken any zend course? if so, how were they? in your opinion do you think their worth their price tag? if not, do you know of another company that i should consider?

#7 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 05:30 PM

someone must have something to say? has anyone actually taken any zend course? if so, how were they? in your opinion do you think their worth their price tag? if not, do you know of another company that i should consider?

http://www.zend.com/...ionID=219544095 is one of the guys who codes for Invision maybe ask him how the course was.

And if you look at http://www.zend.com/...aining_partners you'll see a list of certified training partners if you want to have Certification then go to http://www.zend.com and look under the education tag, I feel the prices are very fair. There's no quick cheap ways to do this, even following tutorials will not give you all you need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users