9 replies to this topic

#1 Sonny26

Sonny26

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 12:21 PM

I am sorry , i know there was a topic about it somewhere on forums but cant find the topic , can anyone please direct me to good sources to learn how to create a website with photoshop ?

thanks in advance

#2 _*Creative Insanity_*

_*Creative Insanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2007 - 12:25 PM

http://www.pixel2lif...hop/template/1/

#3 Sonny26

Sonny26

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 08:29 AM

I tried to make a test website with photoshop cs3 i go to slice tool and then save for web photoshop save images but doesnt create html :closedeyes:

am i doing something wrong ?

#4 Bouzy210

Bouzy210

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 09:31 AM

Don't use photohshop to code it. Buy a book and learn css. Than you can use photoshop for the desing, but trust me its worth the time.

#5 VenomGraphics

VenomGraphics

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 11:42 AM

Don't use photohshop to code it. Buy a book and learn css. Than you can use photoshop for the desing, but trust me its worth the time.

Either that, or if you just don't have that kind of time to spend on it, or it's a bit too tough for you to get the hang of right away, I would suggest using either ImageReady CS2 ( Which comes with Photoshop CS2, however. Did they ever release a standalone version? ), or Fireworks ( Which you can get by itself. )

Those two programs allow you to slice the layout, and save it as HTML ( Or CSS, and I think a few others..I only use HTML/CSS )

Slightly off the topic. Since this is a web design topic, and I'm already replying here, rather than making a new topic on it, I wanted to ask: I was wondering if anyone knows a good tutorial on how to Design/code ( Coding being the emphasis ), a forum skin? Preferably IPB?

TYhe only tuts Ive been able to find only show the designing portion.

Edited by SniperFox, 08 September 2007 - 11:43 AM.

#6 Sonny26

Sonny26

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 02:42 PM

Yes i will learn css too , i started a course and i need to make a easy webpage with slicing tool till tesuday thats why i need to learn this ... i switched to ps cs2 and yes slicing tool is easier there but can u please tel me how i will text in photoshop ? i write on images but after saving as html text are not selectable .. can u plase tell me what should i do to make my text in slicing tool ?

#7 Bouzy210

Bouzy210

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 04:39 PM

I am not really sure of your question hear. (Tell me if I am wrong) It is better to not save the text as an image but to code it in.

#8 Lastcrime

Lastcrime

Impatient Jedi that likes to eat cereal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Snowboarding, Hockey, B-ball, Skateboarding, Computers!

Posted 08 September 2007 - 05:09 PM

k you cant edit text of an image, once you save it the text becomes an image and you cant edit it, what you have to do is go into a dreamweaver (probly the best solution for you) and make tables and put the slices in the tables, once youve got that done you add text in the tables, since you dont know css yet your best bet is tables. Take a look at this site:

http://www.slicingguide.com/

#9 Sonny26

Sonny26

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 11:34 AM

Sorry Guys me again , i have a problem when i highlight a slice on mx 2004 i cant set it as background so i cant type on it , it will drive me crazy , what i am doing wrong ??

Posted Image

on slicing guide when he highlight slice he has other properties

Open your layout in Dreamweaver and start off by selecting all the empty cells in the main header nav menu and setting the text parameters you want. Once you've done that, you can start typing in the text you want, and later on you can link them to whatever hyperlinks you want.

Fig 13.1 - Highlight all the empty cells in the header mini nav menu
Posted Image

Please help i need to finish this teusday :P

Edited by Sonny26, 09 September 2007 - 11:35 AM.

#10 Sonny26

Sonny26

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 06:34 PM

I finally finished my first project ever with photoshop slice tool .. I know i stilll have many many things to learn especially CSS and dreamweaver .. it seems i have many many images for pages so that makes site slower but well in 2 days that was the best i can do ... if u still have any recommendations i will be glad to hear them ... Maybe u can tell me how can i center this page no matter what resolution is ? ;)

here is my first project
http://www.marmarisfans.com/time

Edited by Sonny26, 09 September 2007 - 06:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users