Lorelei

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, design, dance

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:27 AM

Hi all,
I know i am not the most active member here, I mostly only submit my tutorials to the database, but I thought I'd spam here as well. :)

My theme, ModernMagic, was nominated to http://blog.lunarpag...design-contest/ but unfortunately the designs that lead with votes belong to those who ask to vote for them in every forum.

So, since I am more ethical and not going to beg for votes (I don't think it's fair in the first place), I do want to ask you, however, to take part in the voting. Please vote for the theme you like best!

Again, I am not asking to vote for me (unless you want? Posted Image) but it would be great to see some more neutral activity in the poll, and not only by those who are asked or paid to vote for a certain theme.

Thanks in advance for taking part!

#2 SebLev

SebLev

Forum Whore is what I am today!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:00 PM

voted... but I'm sorry it wasnt for you but I did like your idea don't get me wrong... keep it up

#3 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:02 PM

voted for you. awesome design.

#4 Lastcrime

Lastcrime

Impatient Jedi that likes to eat cereal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Snowboarding, Hockey, B-ball, Skateboarding, Computers!

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:25 PM

I didn't vote, and i forgot to look at your name before i looked at the designs and i saw the modern magic one and i was like thats a really nice design and it turned out to be yours haha. So the fact that i chose yours as the nicest not even knowing your name i think is pretty good lol well done.

#5 beaverpoutine

beaverpoutine

P2L Paramedic

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:56 PM

Awesome design dude!

#6 StudicaSkills

StudicaSkills

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:looking for people with some techie-talent, and informing them of ways to win just for doing what they love!

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:32 AM

lorelei, great submission!
just wanted to let you know that i checked out the entries, and i do think yours was the most relevant to the name, so you got my vote! looks like you've got a great lead, too!

lots of luck!

#7 Bug

Bug

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:50 PM

There was only one other design that came close to yours, but I still think yours is the best ;)

And if you've looked at the results, you're actually coming second... which isn't too bad :(

#8 Mr. Matt

Mr. Matt

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:34 AM

There were a few nice themes there, but yours was the only one I could see that was more original from the ones I like so voted for you ;)

#9 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:18 PM

I voted, but it's a sham... Daisy Dream has a large community polling for them because that one isn't that great and has triple the votes.

#10 StudicaSkills

StudicaSkills

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:looking for people with some techie-talent, and informing them of ways to win just for doing what they love!

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:35 PM

wow. VERY disappointing.

here's a tip for you, Lorelei -
do you have a myspace/facebook/messenger/blog?

here are some things we tell students to get people to vote for them when they enter competitions:

1) make your link your signature for your messages and profiles everywhere
2) post your link as your away/status message on any messengers
3) post a banner on your blog, even if it's just a huge box saying "vote for me and i could win $1000!" so that ANYone who goes to your site will see it every time they log on
4) change your status on your facebook account REGULARLY so that anyone in your network and your friends' networks will see the link through the newsfeeds
5) get friends to post your link, with a banner if possible for extra attention, in all the same places i've just mentioned

ultimately, these competitions are usually little more than a popularity contest. luckily, there are more ways than EVER, via social networking sites like myspace and facebook, that can give you an edge.

good luck! (and i do think yours was the better entry!)

#11 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:37 PM

Btw here's a digg link if you want to digg the contest:

http://digg.com/desi...ontest_Vote_Now

#12 StudicaSkills

StudicaSkills

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:39 PM

Btw here's a digg link if you want to digg the contest:

http://digg.com/desi...ontest_Vote_Now

that is AWESOME, faken! i've never seen one of those before, but what a great idea!

#13 Tirus

Tirus

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Programming, Music, Martial Arts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:36 PM

Voted for you, I think yours really was the best. A job well done. Hope you win!

#14 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:09 PM

I voted, but it's a sham... Daisy Dream has a large community polling for them because that one isn't that great and has triple the votes.

too right.

imo there are no designs (bar maybe one, which incidentally isnt top on votes either) even worthy of being on the same page as loreleis. its just unfortunate that, as is the case with most internet polls, its more of a popularity contest rather than a contest based on ones ability to design.

Edited by Stu, 30 January 2008 - 06:23 PM.

#15 vvtopkar

vvtopkar

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:41 PM

ya lereleis' is the best by far, AMAZING design, I'm thoroughly impressed. I voted for yours :)

#16 Lorelei

Lorelei

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:07 PM

wow, thanks you so much for the support and the votes guys, I didn't except so much positive feedback and complements, as well as votes. THANKS!!!

@ stupidicaskills, i have messenger and facebook, and got 12 ex boyfriends from college to vote for me (i just dont have more of them lol) but I don't really like the idea of asking people blatantly to vote for me. I posted about it in my own forum as well, and one of my good friends voted for another design, I don't see anything wrong with people voting for what they like, that is what the contest is all about. sure i want the 1k, but if i'd lose to a better design, i'd know i was just not good enough, however, if i'd lose (and looks like i will) to daisy dreams, i honestly will never believe 30%+ of people who "happened" to view this poll chose that layout over ALL the others.

again, i don't think anyone's design there is "bad", if i dont personally like some of them (including the leader) doesn't mean they are not good. every wordpress theme eventually find its fans and users, but considering that some NICE designs got less than 1% of votes only proves that these designers dont have facebook/msn/blogs :)

thanks Dan for posting about it and the digg!! *hugs*

#17 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:39 PM

wow, thanks you so much for the support and the votes guys, I didn't except so much positive feedback and complements, as well as votes. THANKS!!!

@ stupidicaskills, i have messenger and facebook, and got 12 ex boyfriends from college to vote for me (i just dont have more of them lol) but I don't really like the idea of asking people blatantly to vote for me. I posted about it in my own forum as well, and one of my good friends voted for another design, I don't see anything wrong with people voting for what they like, that is what the contest is all about. sure i want the 1k, but if i'd lose to a better design, i'd know i was just not good enough, however, if i'd lose (and looks like i will) to daisy dreams, i honestly will never believe 30%+ of people who "happened" to view this poll chose that layout over ALL the others.

again, i don't think anyone's design there is "bad", if i dont personally like some of them (including the leader) doesn't mean they are not good. every wordpress theme eventually find its fans and users, but considering that some NICE designs got less than 1% of votes only proves that these designers dont have facebook/msn/blogs :)

thanks Dan for posting about it and the digg!! *hugs*

No problem.. I also posted this on a forum I go to that is quite busy... you'll notice that your votes have jumped by 40 in the past couple hours hehe

#18 Lorelei

Lorelei

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:41 AM

Thank you so much Faken, yes I noticed I got more votes over night than I got on the first 3-4 days of the voting! :D yay, i am actually really starting to have a chance :)

Soldier., the poll closes on February 13th, so there is still hope :D
btw, all my themes are free so if u wanna see more (some are total crap tho) --> http://www.toptut.co...rdpress-themes/

#19 beaverpoutine

beaverpoutine

P2L Paramedic

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:52 AM

Dude you have an incredible talent! OMG really it's amazing!!! I've checked your other templates on your website... gosh I just can't believe it! P2L Folks.. this is a MUST see thing!! Keep up the good job!!!

#20 StudicaSkills

StudicaSkills

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:06 PM

@ stupidicaskills

um, "STUPIDICA"??

was that intentional? i was only trying to help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users