ionray

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:tricking and animation 2d and 3d

Posted 06 April 2008 - 06:27 PM

Hey all
Well to start I’m interested in the difference between water now and water like 10 years ago in animation water now looks just so much more realistic in animations. Is this due to computers just getting better?
I’ve been playing around trying to animate water (hasn’t gone very well)
So I’ve been reading all the tutorials around on how to animate water in all 3d animation programs and I’ve got the texture of water but I need it to move. What i want to create pretty much is as if someone was spinning a bowl of water but I’m going 2 make the bowl invisible and then just have it run down. Any information to help would be great (even more textures) (I am using swift 3d so I’m not sure if it’s possible to animate water in it but I no it will b harder compared to like 3ds max or Maya)
thanks

#2 Craft_000

Craft_000

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:12 PM

Hey all
Well to start I'm interested in the difference between water now and water like 10 years ago in animation water now looks just so much more realistic in animations. Is this due to computers just getting better?
I've been playing around trying to animate water (hasn't gone very well)
So I've been reading all the tutorials around on how to animate water in all 3d animation programs and I've got the texture of water but I need it to move. What i want to create pretty much is as if someone was spinning a bowl of water but I'm going 2 make the bowl invisible and then just have it run down. Any information to help would be great (even more textures) (I am using swift 3d so I'm not sure if it's possible to animate water in it but I no it will b harder compared to like 3ds max or Maya)
thanks

if your looking for cinematic quality water animations your best bet is probably using water plugins/particle effects that will realistically simulate the movement of water without the use of modifiers. but with cenimatic quality i think your best bet is to use a program like 3ds max, since its used alot in the professional industry. download it if you cant get your hands on it any other way

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users