2 replies to this topic

#1 Chuck McKnight

Chuck McKnight

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 02:10 PM

Hi. I'm the Sargent at Arms for my college society (the guy who designs the posters, t-shirts, and other promotional material).

Our logo is the wolverine. That's the animal verision, not the comic book version, although from time to time we like to hint at the latter.

Anywho, I have an idea I'd like to try for a new t-shirt design. The basic idea is that there would be three long slash marks from the upper right to the lower left corner (if facing the person) of the shirt, as if slashed by the comic book Wolverine. Then through the slash marks would be seen our regular wolverne logo. The shirt would be black with blue (our main color) showing through the slash marks.

Now I'm not asking for a step-by-step for this whole thing, I know how to do most of it. What I'm not sure on, however, is how to make realistic looking fabric tears. I did a search for such a tutorial and was unable to find anything that was quite right.

Also, I appologize that I don't have any samples of what I want it to look like, but I think the idea is pretty self-explanitory.

If someone could help me with this, that would be awesome! Thanks!

BTW, my prefered programs are Inkscape, GIMP, and Paint.NET, although if I absolutely must I suppose I can venture into the realm of proprietary software. :D

#2 Chuck McKnight

Chuck McKnight

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:44 AM

I did a little more looking around for an example. This is a little bit like what I'm looking for, but the slashes would need to be wider (so the logo can be seen through it) and it needs to be a bit more photo-realistic.

And of course I'm just talking about the slashes. I wouldn't have a picture of Wolverine beside them.

Posted Image

#3 Chuck McKnight

Chuck McKnight

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:46 PM

No one has any idea how to do this? :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users