Dilfill

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:PHOTOSHOP!

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:09 AM

Hello

I have a forum as you may know.....problem, I cant seam to get members....I have like 14 and I post a link to my forum on all sites I go to. I also sign it up on search sites. I post tutorials from the forum to goodtutorials and all that but still no traffic. I have plenty of tuts and some free stuff. I tell people about it and have my friends on DA write journals on it. Nothing will work. HELP!!!!

Edited by PSgirl, 02 June 2008 - 05:09 PM.
Links removed, as spam is not allowed here. Use your sig instead

#2 PSgirl

PSgirl

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:09 PM

I post a link to my forum on all sites I go to.

Well, first of all, don't do that. That's spam and people usually hate it. You can earn a ban easily if you post links like that. If you post in several forums, use your sig space to include a link to your site.

Apart from that, nowadays there are a lot of sites like yours. You have to make sure you have something new to offer, or at least make good tuts and submit them here for example.

By the way, take a look ar this article Faken wrote a while ago:
http://www.pixel2lif...p?showtopic=439

Edited by PSgirl, 02 June 2008 - 05:19 PM.

#3 msabas

msabas

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:26 AM

A big prolem with up and coming forums is that there is nothing different you are offereing. I have learned this through my net ventures and trials.

If your forum is just like th enext one why join im already here at this one big site where everyone is at.

You have to offer things something that others dont offer soemtimes you have to invest alot inyour site just to get it going.

Paid advertising is always a good thing, its not spam and the chances are greater.

My suggestion is make a list of what you offer or what is different within your site against a competitor site.

Find out what you can offer that they dont already do and then work on that.

Sometimes its better to not have a forum. I know this for a fact. My site I tired so hard to have a resource forum site where people would come and share artwork and what not, but i knew that it was not going to be active. there are many other sites similar, so instead i just worked on a resource blog site, a place where people could come and find the resources, i offered alot of my own work plus i post alot of others and link them back to those sites. in the end i feel that i have acheaved success. I have a good site offering good things and at the same time I am getting lots of traffic to my site plus it helps out those other sites since i know a few of those people.

#4 GFxCube.Net

GFxCube.Net

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:17 AM

Pretty much what everyone said. Bring something original that no one has. Try not to spam your link everywhere >.< People hate spammers and it often goes over looked.

There are sites that give you an opportunity to share your site with the community, this is usually the larger forums. I would start there.

#5 Hoot

Hoot

* Hooty Tooty Fruit *

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Interests:Making Websites, Working in 3D, Playing the Drums

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:23 AM

Pretty much what everyone said. Bring something original that no one has. Try not to spam your link everywhere >.< People hate spammers and it often goes over looked.

There are sites that give you an opportunity to share your site with the community, this is usually the larger forums. I would start there.

wow, :) You do realize what your username on the forums is right? Thats slightly hypocritical isn't it?

Anyway, you should have good content on your site that will make people join. I went to your site and your main page simply tells about your blog and what it will do. What I would do if I were you was if the blog is going to be one of the main things of the site, make that the homepage because then you will show some content on the first page or do something to spice up your homepage with content. Also make all your pages look the same, it makes a site look good and brings everything together.

When I started my first site I was getting maybe 20-70 hits a day, I bumped that up to 1000+ unique users a day by simply going around and affiliating with sites that are more popular plus the tutorials I created and posted on Pixel2Life were getting lots and lots of views. So affiliating and getting different things out there on the internet are ways you can increase traffic to your site.

Hoot

Edited by Hoot, 22 July 2008 - 11:34 AM.

#6 Khomba

Khomba

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:06 AM

Right, also you can concentrate on Google for getting targeted traffic. Try to optimize your forum and get backlinks, go for directory submission etc... [ dont spam forums ] if you manage to get better ranking in SE you may get good members for your forum.
All the Best :)

#7 geester

geester

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 01:41 PM

Can you not offer a trial thats free for a set period then you bill them? Try approaching different sites that are within your niche and let them offer it to their members, give them a commission for each member joining ONCE they pay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users