1 reply to this topic

#1 mlannoo

mlannoo

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:40 AM

I'm new to Swift 3D - I can't figure out how to animate the Visibility of an object. Their documentation has nothing on the topic that i can find.

I have three 2D adobe illustrator logos (vector) that i imported, grouped and extruded - My end goal is to have one animation that has a "spinning logo" that swaps the first piece of .ai art with the next - every 90 degrees - so that it appears as if there is one logo that shows all three logos every time if rotates and the animation would endlessly loop.

any hellp would be greatly appreciated.
thank you.
M

#2 Spide®™

Spide®™

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:56 PM

Hey mlannoo
I'am not verry good at Swift 3D

But i did a verry simple Animation I added a Glossy Material, in frame one, moved over to frame 10, then added a Transparent Material, whent back to fram 1, then rotated, back to frame 10, and rotaed back to Default

What i was thinking, is you could import your first image, in frame 1
Move over to the next frame ( the frame you befor you want the animation to switch to your next image )
Then add a Transparent material, in the next fram affter, import your next image, and do the same again Repeating what you just did

You can do this adding the Rotations at the same time, or come back to that after you have the images imported, and the materials Added

It's better if you remeber the Rotation Axis when animateing Axis though

This is my verry quick Animation, with just one rotation, and a Transparent Material Default Material settings
Attached File  BasicAnimation.gif   328.69KB   44 downloads

Hope this helps
Craig

Edited by Designe®™, 11 August 2008 - 11:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users